PDA

View Full Version : Star Ocean Till the End of Time

Drift
06-30-2005, 06:42 PM
Discuss and post your tips in how to fight ^_^

NOTE: I just started this game so no spoilers please! And the battle system totally rawks!!! Apart from the fact the camera gets too close and i can't see who or where I am and what I'm doing

Shoeberto
06-30-2005, 06:46 PM
Moved to General Squeenix.

Ultima Shadow
06-30-2005, 09:09 PM
It all depends on who you're fighting with and what you're fighting against + which skills you have. :greenie:

It may be easier to make sure that nothing gets spoiled if you tell us how far you've got as well...

Ryudo, Zell's evil twin
07-15-2005, 09:08 PM
cool kyuzo samurai 7 i just started watching that its cool and star ocean rules but my save file got corupted and i was at the last boss and i have to start again

Sephi
07-15-2005, 09:22 PM
It starts off as quite possibly one of the slowest RPGs that I've ever played in my life. It took me a good 2 or 3 hours of so to really get into the story, but it basically becomes the God of RPGs, it's one of my favorite Non-FF games of all time!

sephiroth9006
07-16-2005, 01:24 AM
yeah that's agreeable,this game is made for just running backward and forward constantly, but once that bit is past it is one of the best no FF RPGs ever,the battle system is one of the best and i liked the abilities you get on it. but meh,yeah if you don't want spoilers then i won't put any tips on how to fight up until you are at the maze of tribulations ...but i know alot about this game so if you need any help just ask.

Ryudo, Zell's evil twin
07-19-2005, 07:32 PM
cool my file rocks im on level 32 just before peterny well its is my second go lets hope my file dosnt get corupted this time.

Dreddz
07-22-2005, 12:50 PM
Yes, the game is pretty great
You dont need tips to fight. Just practise

blackchocobo9999
07-28-2005, 12:18 PM
I need a bit of help on it. I am stuck on a boss in the ungerground place called Shrine of Kaddan on a boss, i cannot attack it, i dont deal any damage to it, so can someone help me please?

Aphelion
07-28-2005, 03:57 PM
Isn't it a sword-and-shield Cerberus? Well, are you going into the Shrine of Kaddan by the first time?

Kilika
07-28-2005, 10:40 PM
This game is awesome. Although at some times it can be a pain to max out everything. This game is definitely worth it.

°¿°¿°
07-29-2005, 12:07 AM
yea i love star ocean i like making stuff and sieng what i get but one thing i never knew what it did was the differnt items that say somthing about bringing persons affection up or down when you use it on them what r those for?

Aphelion
07-29-2005, 03:26 PM
I think affection has to do with whose ending you'll end up with. I never bothered to do anything but PAs, so I'm not sure if there's a big change in affection with smaller things, like Item Creation...

* White Aeris *
08-22-2005, 07:05 PM
It starts off as quite possibly one of the slowest RPGs that I've ever played in my life. It took me a good 2 or 3 hours of so to really get into the story, but it basically becomes the God of RPGs, it's one of my favorite Non-FF games of all time!
Same here!!!

I need a bit of help on it. I am stuck on a boss in the ungerground place called Shrine of Kaddan on a boss, i cannot attack it, i dont deal any damage to it, so can someone help me please?
to deal any damage at all you have to get an item called Saints Amulet. you get it by collecting all the Saints stones from all those Crystal bosses and find your way to the workshop in the Shrine of Kaddan, open the chest there and get another stone. if you go to the table Fayt will combine them to make the Saint's amulet. Ta-dah!

Painex2rules
08-28-2005, 08:41 AM
well the way i fight is to just hit anything that moves beside your own team members and with fayt is so much fun P.S with ethreal blast to proff my point :cool:

Reine
08-31-2005, 07:44 PM
Ive been using many differnt combos so far, Nels had Poison Cloud linked with Mirror Slice, with Flying Guillotine on strong long range. Max Fury is also set, as well as berserk.

Maria has a good longe range combe of Plise Blast and Aiming Device, although I just learned Energy Blast, which kicks serious butt, especially with Freeze Attack Effect on

Fayt, at the start, and for a long time, had Aerial and Side Kick on, which cancel bonused, just hammers early enemies, now I have Shotgun Blast (Useles, i know,) and Air Raid set. I havent gotten Ethereal Blast yet, but currently i rate Air Raid his best skill.

Cliff and Mirage's Aerial Assault is really powerful, especially for MP Kill, ive currenlty got Electric Fists tied with it, and Triple Kick for Mirage.

Adray, bah, When not casting spells, I use Sea Gate at long range (8 CP sucks), and Southern Cross as battle skill at close range.

Peppita, Kaboom and Faery Friend are quite effective, and Peppitas natural dodging abiliteies are great.

Albel, I recruited him in my Earth file, so I didnt really build any god combos.

Roger, same thing. I never really use Sophia, in this file, I left her at level for ages, so I could get the 20 consecutive level up Battle Trophy.

BTW, I have a question: Is it possible to get enough textbooks to have all your non spell casters, with all their spells? Mirage only has Healing, Antidote and Silence, and Peppita has nothing. Nel of course, has gaps in her spell list. Its really been irratating me

sephiroth9006
09-09-2005, 04:12 PM
if you mean so that they can all have the basic spells such as healing etc. then it is made in item creation.

if you mean so that they can get all the spells then the answer is no.