PDA

View Full Version : Coca Cola

Swordicanus
06-30-2005, 07:07 PM
Can anyone tell me why this is so popular it isn't even the tastiest drink yet I have never met anyone who does'nt like it.......are we just zombies to it's big brand name or what.........By the way I also drink litres of it........ it's so addictive :confused:

Meat Puppet
06-30-2005, 07:15 PM
What's Coca Cola?

kikimm
06-30-2005, 07:16 PM
Well, the stuff is really easy to get ahold of. I think more stores, and fast food chains support Coca Cola than the Pepsi line, or the other ones. I could be wrong, but that's what I think. People drink it just because it's there. I did, before I really cared about my health.

It's popular.

:D

Cruise Control
06-30-2005, 07:19 PM
Coke sucks, Pepsi has better taste. Thats my thoughts anyway, aren't I such a profound thinker?

omnitarian
06-30-2005, 07:35 PM
Why do you think they call it coke?

Shin Gouken
06-30-2005, 07:39 PM
Why do you think they call it coke?

its short for coca

Shoeberto
06-30-2005, 07:44 PM
My brand favor varies, though lately I've been drinking more Coke than Pepsi. For some reason, Pepsi always seems to start out good, but by the time I've reached the end of the can, it's got this really bad flavor to it.

If given the option, though, I'd take Mountain Dew.

Leene
06-30-2005, 07:48 PM
:save:I do not why but i really like Coca-Cola :) !:save:

TasteyPies
06-30-2005, 07:49 PM
The more you know....

Back in the way way long ago (60s I think) it used to have cocaine in it and everyone got hooked. Afterwards the "naughty stuff" was removed and everyone still drunk the stuff cause it was there.

Cocaine-a-cola ;)

Shoeberto
06-30-2005, 08:09 PM
The more you know....

Back in the way way long ago (60s I think) it used to have cocaine in it and everyone got hooked. Afterwards the "naughty stuff" was removed and everyone still drunk the stuff cause it was there.

Cocaine-a-cola ;)
'60s is a bit of an overshoot - the cocaine was removed from the product in '29.

My grandpa told me stories about how Coke had alcohol in it when he was a kid. He said that he and his friends would go bowling, and one of them would drink 4-5 cans of Coke. By the end of the night, he couldn't stand.

Zeldy
06-30-2005, 08:09 PM
Bleugh..CocoCola is yucky x_x

Cz
06-30-2005, 08:52 PM
I personally can't stand the stuff, but it's easy to see why it's popular. Coca-Cola is heavily advertised and generally accepted as a 'cool' drink among kids. Once you get children drinking it, they're customers for life. Or at least until they move on to alcohol. Like you say, the stuff's addictive, and that's what makes it one of the biggest brands in the world.

Silmaril
06-30-2005, 08:56 PM
I like carbonated drinks of any kind as long as they're DIET!!!!!

Blackmageboi
06-30-2005, 09:42 PM
Coke/Pepsi £0.91
Keg shandy £0.32
both the 500ml plus the shandy tastes nicer, i love you morrisons!

i Don't drink much coke anymore

Old Manus
06-30-2005, 09:52 PM
Coke is for pussies. Now Sprite, that is perfection. Obey your thirst.

rubah
06-30-2005, 09:55 PM
I like Coke.

but the diet is crap. go for diet pepsi.

Their colors are red and white. Those are warma and friendly colors. Pepsi is more or less blue and white now (they ditched red when they changed their can design ages ago:/) which is more passive.

Dr. Pepper however is pwnze.

Rainecloud
06-30-2005, 10:02 PM
Because it's incredibly delicious and deliciously refreshing.

It kicks Pepsi-Cola in the nuts, basically.

ShunNakamura
06-30-2005, 10:07 PM
Hsu is right about the pepsi taste... it just tastes funny at the end.

However the best pop is cherry coke. wild cherry pepsi can't compare to it. And cherry coke is good cold, warm, or hot. :D

However coke is 1.78$ without tax here so I don't drink it much :rolleyes2 (with tax I think it hits 2 something(for a 2-liter)).

Shoeberto
06-30-2005, 10:10 PM
Hsu is right about the pepsi taste... it just tastes funny at the end.
I'm glad I've found someone else that thinks this. I thought I was just crazy.

Old Manus
06-30-2005, 10:13 PM
That makes two of you. :cool:

Shoden
06-30-2005, 10:17 PM
Pepsi tastes strange as you get to the bottem of it the problem is Pepsi falttens Fast

Yamaneko
06-30-2005, 10:18 PM
A tooth in cola overnight is no more upon sunrise.

kikimm
06-30-2005, 10:22 PM
A tooth in cola overnight is no more upon sunrise.

The ultimate science experiment. :cool:

:D

Shorty
06-30-2005, 11:01 PM
I like carbonated drinks of any kind as long as they're DIET!!!!!

Diet drinks are gross. Especially coke or pepsi.

I prefer coke.

Mirage
06-30-2005, 11:16 PM
Pepsi is better than Coca Cola. However, Mountain Dew owns them both (and that's a Pepsi product).

Kamiko
06-30-2005, 11:18 PM
I don't drink much pop but Coca cola used to have actual cocaine in it... I find that to be funny...

Swordicanus
06-30-2005, 11:43 PM
I hear the Coca Cola was originally devised as a medicine for your digestion....talk about ironic........now that it actually destroys your stomach :D

Rye
06-30-2005, 11:53 PM
I prefer Iced Tea.

Teek
06-30-2005, 11:53 PM
I would rather my teeth rot than give up the best drink in the world.

Read up on New Coke from the eighties.

JaytodaP
07-01-2005, 12:25 AM
I dont find soda very apealing anymore. I only drink it when i go out to a restaurant. I drink gatorade, Fruit 2o, water stuff like that

T-MaN
07-01-2005, 12:30 AM
I like it, and I have no problem with it. I don't really think that Coke will be a safety hazard unless you drink gallons of it every hour or so. I mean come on, I don't think that Coke is responsible for a lot of deaths.

Sasquatch
07-01-2005, 01:10 AM
Coke is popular because it's old, it used to have cocaine in it, and it's the original soft drink. Pepsi is a rip-off of Coca-Cola, and all of their other drinks--Sprite/7Up, Mountain Dew/Mellow Yellow, etc.--have a competitor from the other company. As of now, prettymuch every soft drink company is owned in some way either by Coca-Cola or Pepsi Cola.

Coca-Cola. Coca. As in, from the Coca plant, the same plant used to make cocaine. It used to have cocaine in it, as was mentioned, but they took it out and replaced it with caffiene when they found out how addictive and harmful cocaine was.

It also used to be a type of medicinal syrup, and green. Way back in the day.

Del Murder
07-01-2005, 01:46 AM
Coke has a bite to it. I like that. Pepsi is too sweet.

Vanilla Coke is the greatest.

eestlinc
07-01-2005, 02:01 AM
I live in Atlanta so I can't help but drink Coke, but I try not to drink it too much. Also, I don't have to do any research to remember New Coke. That crap was horrible.

http://www.vintagedepotdirect.com/media/CC04.jpg

GarlandRules
07-01-2005, 02:18 AM
Most of America watches a lot of tv (I know I do!) so we all know there a lot of comercials on tv. What kind of commercials are played the most? The Coca-Cola ones. People regonize the brand whether they want to or not. Even though it has a half-half type taste (not good or bad) it probably sells more do to clever advertising, that is putting their commercials in almost every break. They attempt to wear down the audience into buying their product.

Primus Inter Pares
07-01-2005, 03:50 PM
Vannila Coke is the Best!
They don't sell Cherry Coke here anymore :(

All coke (normal, Vannila and Cherry - Non Diet, the ones that matter) is good warm.

Coke was originally advertised as a Drink for Intellectuals, it also designed the Santa Claus we have today ;) complete with Coke Colours.

Saiyan Knight
07-01-2005, 04:00 PM
I like Coke and dont see anything wrong with it.Nothing serious anyway unless you drink lots of it.

Xander
07-01-2005, 04:01 PM
Diet Coke is okay, and I like Pepsi Max a lot at the moment. And anyway Coca Cola brand drinks do taste nicer than cheap brands. I see brand names as quality, and certainly in this case.

ZuZu
07-01-2005, 04:05 PM
The drink itself don't cost much but the name coca cola does.
I drink it but now more Pepsi Max

Zeldy
07-01-2005, 04:07 PM
Well how come in most restaurants etc all they have to order is Coca-Cola?

Swordicanus
07-01-2005, 04:23 PM
Vannila Coke is the Best!
They don't sell Cherry Coke here anymore :(

All coke (normal, Vannila and Cherry - Non Diet, the ones that matter) is good warm.

Coke was originally advertised as a Drink for Intellectuals, it also designed the Santa Claus we have today ;) complete with Coke Colours.

We don't have cherry coke here in Ireland what's it like

Leeza
07-01-2005, 04:37 PM
I can take it or leave it. Mostly I leave it. Pepsi sucks because it's too sweet and has a weird taste so I'd rather not ever have any of that. Mineral water beats all Coke, except when you're having a Rum and Coke. For some reason you just have to have Coke with that and Mineral water just won't do. :)

Shoeberto
07-01-2005, 06:50 PM
It's Coke with some cherry flavoring. It's really good.

Saiyan Knight
07-01-2005, 06:57 PM
Its vile if you ask me.

Lionx
07-01-2005, 10:30 PM
Its one of my most hated drinks. It can as i posted before, melt pipes when we do plumbing and its not a joke. Give it 10minutes and bam, 1buck to melt a stuck pipe without any fancy chemical. Its that acidic. The only reason i would drink it is when i am feeling cheap. But even then its expensive, its just carbonated sugar water(10 tsp of sugar per cup too).

Obesity starts with this D:

I like Green Tea more.

Xander
07-02-2005, 04:37 PM
It's Coke with some cherry flavoring. It's really good.

Mmmm cherry coke is the best. But I wish they'd make a diet one >_<

My name is...something..?
07-02-2005, 05:40 PM
They do make Diet Cherry Coke.
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/Leongundam/htmgHtml173.jpg
Give me tea anyday. ;)

Jess
07-02-2005, 05:42 PM
To be honest with you I don't really like it, I'm not a great fan of it at all.

Aeris lives
07-02-2005, 06:55 PM
i dont drink coke that often, i hate the weird gritty feeling it gives my teeth after i drink it...

Lionx
07-02-2005, 09:27 PM
I think the gritty feeling is that the acid is taking away the calcium from your teeth...and no joke.

T-MaN
07-02-2005, 09:38 PM
Ah yes, Cherry Coke was awesome, but they no longer sell it. The same goes for Pepsi Blue. I liked both of them. I wonder why they stopped selling them.

I couldn't stand Vanilla Coke. I threw up the first time I tried it. :exdee:

Madonna
07-02-2005, 09:45 PM
Well how come in most restaurants etc all they have to order is Coca-Cola? It actually depends on with which company the restaurant has service with. Some serve Coke, some serve Pepsi, etc...

I have a friend who went to a burger joint (not exactly the type of restuarant I imagine you're talking about, but) in Cali that had some weird off-brand (read: yuppie) soda in lieu of Coke or Pepsi. I think it was called Guarana Cola, or some such? Interesting stuff.

Vivi288
07-02-2005, 10:23 PM
omg... i never knew coca cola used to have cocaine in it.... thats really wierd!!! learn something new an wierd everyday! i dont like it anyway, its too fizzy, but in my house i drink the last bit of the bottle, cos its flat, no one else likes it, an its the only bit i do like... i hate the fizziness of it... i dont understand why you would want to drink fizzy drinks... they make u more thirsty... or is tht just me???

Lionx
07-02-2005, 10:24 PM
Its just Carbon Dioxide if i remember right..the fizziness..or something like that..Carbon. You burp it all out because its not supposed to be in your body. In the end what you are drinking is how it is without the air..sugar water D:

rubah
07-02-2005, 10:31 PM
I though pepsi was older than coke. X.x;

Cherry Coke takes getting used to. I used to hate it when I was little, then I started drinking a lot of it last year X.x;

You burp it out because it's not supposed to be in your body

Or because it's lighter than the other gases in your stomach. But yeah, the body doesn't have much use for carbon dioxide xD

Devourment
07-04-2005, 09:11 AM
'Cause it has a lot of sugar in it, so people get addicted to it.

KuRt
07-04-2005, 12:19 PM
It makes your teeth make disturbing noise.

crazybayman
07-04-2005, 01:47 PM
Soda! yay! You might as well pour yourself up a half a glass of sugar, fill the rest up with carbonated water, add flavouring, and viola, you have coke/pepsi/any other kind of soda.

Therefore I don't normally drink that $hit, just once every blue moon. It makes you fat, and rots your teeth, your stomach, and has no nutritional value.

Polaris
07-04-2005, 01:54 PM
I prefer Iced Tea.

Me too :D

Aeris lives
07-04-2005, 03:14 PM
Tea rocks! i hate coffe though :mad:

Tricia
07-04-2005, 05:15 PM
I heard that coca cola is the drink of the devil. They say if you fold the cover of a coca cola bottle in the right way, you'll see the devil's face.