View Full Version : Love to Rafa!

Alexander
06-30-2005, 11:04 PM
T_T Why do people bash and ditch her? She's good! T_T

She has loads of MA and Truth is neat o.o''''

Are you like me and love Rafa, and level her? T_T

Acturos
07-01-2005, 12:18 AM
Um, I love her for her low brave? Even though i just use a Mediator and lower everyone's brave anyway x]

BG-57
07-01-2005, 02:06 AM
I trained her in every game, but I never really used her much until my last playthrough, where I turned her into a Mediator/Treasure Hunter. She's excellent in that respect. But I never bother with Truth. Like Meliadoul, she's the rare non-generic that I prefer to avoid using their default skill set.

RedCydranth
07-03-2005, 07:06 PM
Yeah, I level up Rafa too, but I must say that her Truth skill sucks. She makes a good Time Mage or Oracle and of course treasure hunter. Does she see any decent battle time? No. She is only used to get the rare items and the other 4 level the opponents. The first few rounds I haste everyone with Rafa then I go off to Move-find item with her. If she dies, no big deal, I got a calculator on board to calculate raise.

Prancing Mad
07-14-2005, 05:44 PM
Rafa smells like a big pile of poopoo because her move so rarely works. And then it takes out MP. And when it does work it takes out whopping double digits of damage. If you like her though, she is kinda hot with the little turban thing. I agree to that. But as for her usefulness, well, get yourself a Tiamat, they work better.

Now REIS! Not only is she magically babelicious, but she has superbly high health at level 99. Nobody has higher health than her. Not from my experience anyways. well there ya go.

Raven Bladewind
07-30-2005, 03:41 AM
Rafa smells like a big pile of poopoo because her move so rarely works. And then it takes out MP. And when it does work it takes out whopping double digits of damage. If you like her though, she is kinda hot with the little turban thing. I agree to that. But as for her usefulness, well, get yourself a Tiamat, they work better.

Now REIS! Not only is she magically babelicious, but she has superbly high health at level 99. Nobody has higher health than her. Not from my experience anyways. well there ya go.Im telling Beowulf

Vod
07-30-2005, 04:33 AM
I don't think you even need to, I know for a fact that Reis can be scary when she's pissed, ever try to change her name while she's a dragon? it almost seems like she'll rip your head off just for trying Fear The Holy Dragon!!1

Raven Bladewind
07-30-2005, 04:42 AM
I don't think you even need to, I know for a fact that Reis can be scary when she's pissed, ever try to change her name while she's a dragon? it almost seems like she'll rip your head off just for trying Fear The Holy Dragon!!1No i never tried that ill have to next time. I like could i dont like how he need the materia blade to use his skills though

wingHEART
08-08-2005, 04:04 PM
lol. rafa died after i added her to my party >.<

Tama2
08-08-2005, 07:58 PM
The Truth ability is too random for me. I just use her to treasure hunt.

Nakor TheBlue Rider
08-12-2005, 05:32 AM
Rafa & Malek are teh awsoem if you learn how to use thier Truth & Un-Truth Properly.

I always Lvl them :)

Sasquatch
08-12-2005, 05:44 PM
I don't use Rafa and Malak. I don't like Truth and Un-Truth, and they know too little to be of any other help. That's the only problem with getting characters later in the game, is that they don't know much.

BG-57
08-12-2005, 11:04 PM
Wait until you get Cloud, Sasquatch. :rolleyes2

Vod
08-13-2005, 09:13 AM
Oh yeah...tell me about it, hey quick question is it sad when you train cloud to the point of ramza's level just so he can help some against the final fights of the game? (it seemed like I wasted a crap load of time)

BG-57
08-13-2005, 06:08 PM
The best way to level up Cloud is to give him Gained JP Up, set Steal as a secondary ability and send him into Nogias or some other Deep Dungeon level.

With Beowulf of Math Skills you can turn some of the oppenents into sleeping frogs or chickens. Kill off the surplus enemies with the strong characters and then have Cloud use Steal Gil on the sleeping monster over and over again.

Next best thing to Accumulate for gaining JP and Exp.

Russ80
08-14-2005, 12:56 AM
I like to use steal gil a long time before that. What I do is surround the last enemy and attack my own guys a lot. I use potions on them to keep them at high health, and steal gil so I don't lose any money. :)