PDA

View Full Version : Fire Emblem?

Rase
07-01-2005, 07:16 AM
Okay, I was recently looking to get a new GBA game, and I've heard some good things about the two Fire Emblem games. So, I was curious if anyone could provide some information about it. I'm open to and opinions and such. Thanks. :)

Jowy
07-01-2005, 09:26 AM
They're strategy RPGs. You command a small army of soldiers, most of them unique in personality and battle ability. If a character dies, they're gone for good. There's quite a challenge level involved if you wish to keep a full roster of soldiers. Also, the characters can interact in the middle of battle to gain affection points, possibly developing a relationship between the two of them.

Buy them. ;)

DJZen
07-01-2005, 10:06 PM
I've only played the famicom ones, but they're amazing. I can't imagine the GBA one is bad at all, so I recommend it without having played it.

XxSephirothxX
07-02-2005, 12:01 AM
If you've played Advance Wars, you'll have a bit of a feel for Fire Emblem. The strategy itself is fairly simple, with a rock-paper-scissors weapons triangle. The best part is the added RPG elements, so your characters grow stronger through the game and can be upgraded to new ranks for much better powers. The first one was a blast, and I'd highly reccommend it. I haven't played the second one yet, but have heard good and bad things about it. I believe it has a world map, which would take some of the challenge away, but it would definitely help replayability, as you could spend time doing random encounters and beefing up your fighters. That was one of the few things I felt was missing from the first game--I wasn't able to get many of my characters leveled all the way up.

Medi
07-02-2005, 04:47 AM
I haven't played the games, but my sister is hooked on them, so they're probably really good. She highly recommends both Fire Emblem games. She gives them 9.8/10 with 10 being the highest.

Aphelion
07-02-2005, 12:50 PM
If you're not used to Strategy RPGs, you should pick Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones, because you have other ways to level up besides the arena. The first FE for GBA (at least in America) is a little harder, because you can only train in those arenas...The story of both games is good (expect plot twists), you just have to decide which one you want to play.

Rase
07-02-2005, 06:40 PM
Are the stories in anyway connected, or are the both stand-alone games?

Aphelion
07-02-2005, 06:45 PM
The Sacred Stones is an independent story. But it is the eight FE installment. The first FE (GBA) is actually FE 7. And there's also FE 6 (GBA) that never crossed the seas (it's in Japanese).

FE 7 is the prequel to FE 6.
That's the only relation between any FE title, I think.

DJZen
07-02-2005, 10:12 PM
Yeah, I'm seriously hoping that Nintendo does the right thing and brings us more Fire Emblem. I need more.... MORE!