PDA

View Full Version : Star in a fighting game?

Mercen-X
07-01-2005, 10:04 AM
If someone put you in a fighting game, what attacks would you have?

(be realistic, no powers)

EDIT - Please don't use character comparisons unless the character is uber famous. Not everyone knows who every fighter is. Try to include the name of the martial arts you'd use.

KoShiatar
07-01-2005, 03:55 PM
I'm really bad at any sport, so I'd fight with a gun.

SomethingBig
07-01-2005, 04:04 PM
Actually, I'd probably fight like Hworang from Tekken. He uses Korean Tai Kwon Do and uses kicks and my power is almost always in my kicks.

edczxcvbnm
07-01-2005, 04:55 PM
All of my normal moves would be super specials from MVC2. Like Ryu's SUPER fire ball or Juggernaut's charge.

Hroth
07-01-2005, 05:56 PM
I think i'd be sort of a mix between Nightmare from SC2 and Liu Kang from MKD. Liu Kang cause he's real fast and can do mad combos and Nightmare cause he has a crazy ass sword and cause he's strong and he has an armor. I would rule...

Rase
07-01-2005, 06:10 PM
I'm really bad at any sport, so I'd fight with a gun.

Erdrick Holmes
07-01-2005, 06:12 PM
ed. It's called "SHINKUU-HADOUKEN" you fighting game heathan.

Teek
07-01-2005, 06:23 PM
i would be invincible i would have god powers.

people would fall in love with me lol. :love: :love: :love:

Craig
07-01-2005, 06:32 PM
My fighting style would involve jump on people then hitting them alot until they threw me off and I hit my head and died.

edczxcvbnm
07-01-2005, 06:33 PM
ed. It's called "SHINKUU-HADOUKEN" you fighting game heathan.

AKA: Super Fireball :D

Doomie
07-01-2005, 06:44 PM
People say I fight like Ken.

Old Manus
07-01-2005, 07:03 PM
I'd fight like that weelchair bloke from X-Men Mutant Academy 2.

Dreddz
07-01-2005, 07:12 PM
i'd probably be like the Doctor guy in Tekken 3, just wont be bothered to get up

crashNUMBERS
07-01-2005, 07:54 PM
I'd Probably be another chinese martial arts guy like "Yun" from SF3...

Black Mage
07-01-2005, 07:54 PM
I'd probably fight like Pichu. Most ineffectively.

Azure Chrysanthemum
07-01-2005, 07:55 PM
I fight with a spear, so that would be what I would use. Well, yari really, as I like a flexible haft to whip it at my enemies.

crashNUMBERS
07-01-2005, 08:04 PM
Damnit!! I forgot about spears T_T...

Spammerman
07-01-2005, 08:52 PM
I would fight like ZhaoYun, ZhangFei, Guan Yu, and MaChao, and Jiang Wei, an any1 else whos good with a spear or caldero(i think thats how its spelled, it wat guany yu usesaka long sword.) except I would have a giant spear all in one

Mercen-X
07-01-2005, 10:02 PM
Actually, I'd probably fight like Hworang from Tekken. He uses Korean Tai Kwon Do and uses kicks and my power is almost always in my kicks.I wish I could fight like Sanji.

Please keep in mind that not everyone is well-versed in the fighting genre.

I never asked what characters you're attacks would be similar to. I have no idea what some of you are talking about. Who the hell's "the Doctor guy"?

If at all possible try to include the name of the fighting style you'd use in the game. You can't just have a weapon or super move and no fighting style. Seriously, your character would lose all the time.

DJZen
07-01-2005, 10:05 PM
I'd be a grappler type who throws tons of elbows and my super move would be the atomic wedgie. I'd also fight with a stick, 'cause really, who wants to get beat up by a guy with a rotten tree branch?

Rase
07-01-2005, 10:18 PM
Who the hell's Pichu?

It's the yellow thing.
http://starmen.net/ssbm/fanshots/viviness_nesspichu.jpg

If at all possible try to include the name of the fighting style you'd use in the game. You can't just have a weapon or super move and no fighting style. Seriously, your character would lose all the time.

Fine, I guess I'd be a fast attacker, with tons of quick, though weak, punches and kicks. I'd also be pretty quick and mobile, though I would be really good in stamina and such. So yeah, your basic annoyingly-fast fighter who dies after, like, five punches.

Lionx
07-01-2005, 10:21 PM
That main character dude in Namco X Capcom, ima just call him l33t dude for now D: Guns and Katana hell yeah.

Erdrick Holmes
07-01-2005, 11:22 PM
His name is Reiji, and he's HELLA powerful, not nearly as pwerful as Ryu is in that game.

If I were in a fighting game it'd be a boring game, as with one hit you'd get KO'd.

Lionx
07-01-2005, 11:58 PM
GG One hit KOs.

KoShiatar
07-02-2005, 09:06 PM

Of course I'd lose, I'm a sissy!

Lionx
07-02-2005, 09:07 PM

Well Dan has a fighting style and he still loses all the time...whats the point? o_oa

Azure Chrysanthemum
07-02-2005, 09:21 PM
http://www.vgcats.com/comics/images/050110.jpg

Lionx
07-02-2005, 09:22 PM
The only misconception? Cammy in reality is one of the most strongest female characters out there..and can potentially own alot of people if used right. But yeah i agree XD;

Aphelion
07-02-2005, 09:42 PM
I'd fight with Nightmare (SC2)'s armor and a very long and resistant spear (something like 3 mts. long) so I wouldn't have to worry about being the weakest and most untrained person in the world...because I'd fall (the spear and the armor would be too heavy...).

DJZen
07-02-2005, 10:03 PM
I play Cammy a lot, you're right, she's insanely powerful when not gimped (CvS1 *cough cough*). Dan is also an underappreciated character. I've beaten more than just scrubs with him. A friend of mine who usually eats me for lunch at SFA3 gets COMPLETELY thrown off by my "yahooi! yahooi! yahooi!" *WHAM!* combo. The gadouken is the equivalent of a pie in the face. Throw it a couple times to show how pathetic the range is, then hit your opponent in the face with it anyway. The dankyukyaku is by far his most powerful asset, and functions as an anti-air, an easy 3 hit combo, and a good distance bridger. In capable hands, Dan simply owns in the worst possible way. You don't just beat your opponent, you HUMILIATE them.

Back on the main topic, I suppose I'd actually fight VERY differently depending on which game it was I was in.

Tekken/Virtua Fighter type games I'd be a grappler with good kicking power and decent agility.

Street Fighter/King of Fighters I'd fight with Jeet Kune Do and specialize in countering, as well as having slow but powerful kicks and fast, average strength punches. I wouldn't have any good aerial attacks, but I would have excellent anti-airs. I would also have a plot line that involved Eagle :D

If I were in Samurai Shodown or Guilty Gear, I'd fight with a single truncheon. Why? Because I'm ALL about the truncheon! My moves would focus on combos that ended in disarming, and I'd have long reaching kicks.

If I were in Mortal Kombat, I'd naturally fight exactly like everyone else except for my specials, which would include pulling a chair out of nowhere and throwing it, throwing someone onto the floor and stomping on 'em, and slide tackling from across the screen. My fatalities would probably be things like flipping you upside down and dropping you on your head a few times, and pulling out knife to cause some perforation. My friendship would entail pouring you a drink, and my animality would be turning into a cute little fluffy orange kitten and I'd pounce on your ankles and mimic a wood chipper.

KuRt
07-03-2005, 12:18 PM
Like goku in DBZ hyper dimension. very much kicks, and Kamehameha!
Also I like to use very much locks. And looks like I have also i Sayian fighting spirit. I just want to fight people because itīs just fun, even if i know that iīll lose. I JUST LOVE FIGHTING! :D (not that way that you beat your opponent to near death but for fun)

KoShiatar
07-03-2005, 08:52 PM
If I really had to have a technique, then I suppose I'd kick, scratch, punch and bite. Oh, I'd hurt SOOOOOO much with my bites. And I'd do things such as putting my fingers in my adversary's eyes, pulling his hair, giving him head smacks and crushing him with my knee where the sun don't shine.

Polnareff
07-03-2005, 09:18 PM
Dan is also an underappreciated character. I've beaten more than just scrubs with him. A friend of mine who usually eats me for lunch at SFA3 gets COMPLETELY thrown off by my "yahooi! yahooi! yahooi!" *WHAM!* combo. The gadouken is the equivalent of a pie in the face. Throw it a couple times to show how pathetic the range is, then hit your opponent in the face with it anyway. The dankyukyaku is by far his most powerful asset, and functions as an anti-air, an easy 3 hit combo, and a good distance bridger. In capable hands, Dan simply owns in the worst possible way. You don't just beat your opponent, you HUMILIATE them.

Awesome to see someone else who respects Dan's power :D

be realistic, no powers
Sorry, nothing doing, realistic is just so...drab ;_;

Anyway, if I were in a 2D fighter, I'd be an all-around character. Equal speed, power, and defensive capabilities. I'd also have the flashiest moves this side of Kingdom Come. :D

I have no idea at all what to call the style :(

Here's an idea of what my special moves and supers would be like, heck, I'll even name the damn things:

Specials:

Super Nekketsu Punch: A rushing punch, with a slight bit of lag time if blocked. A small red burst of energy comes out right before the punch hits. Neutralizes other projectiles.

Akaei-ken: An upward attack where lightning shoots up in the shape of a sting ray. My anti-air attack.

Fart Attack: Exactly how it sounds. Different than Earthquake's since mine would be slightly faster.

Shin Splitter: A trip kick, followed by a stomp to the shin followed by a small fire explosion. Hits crouchers.

Overhead Punch: An overhead punch. It has to charge up a little bit before it hits, though. Hits low blockers.

Supers:

Muhahahahahaha: I do a kick to the stomach, then an uppercut to the forehead, then get on top of them punching them about 15 times before getting up and slamming them with my elbow (which causes a big explosion) Hits high, can be crouch blocked.

Uh-oh! The Death of a Mortal Enemy: I change into a samurai outfit instantly, then rush at the opponent. If I hit, then the screen goes black, shows a slash mark, and comes back with me in front of the opponent. The opponent at this time has a shoji screen in front of them. It then shatters, along with 30% of their lifebar. My slowest and least devastating super.

Oriyaaaaaaaaaa!: I become more powerful, but the newfound power takes a toll on my life :( Lasts for about 10 seconds.

Jack
07-05-2005, 09:49 AM
Actually, I'd probably fight like Hworang from Tekken. He uses Korean Tai Kwon Do and uses kicks and my power is almost always in my kicks.

Ditto.

Shin Gouken
07-05-2005, 04:49 PM
i guess (alot like ryu/ken) equal speed, stregnth ect and have a few specials, each allocated for a different and awkward aproaching attack, an anti-air, and a fireball of sort. but with the added bonus of having a long reach too. beware my power

Perducci
07-05-2005, 05:50 PM
I'd have the padbashing fighting style.

boys from the dwarf
07-06-2005, 07:14 PM
id be some guy in armour with a realy cool sword and a gun and also be as avery fast and quick fighting style so i can be faster and more powerful than everyone else(id have rocket boots.)id also have a beer bottle to get drunk and unleash a barrage of drunken rage and hit them over the head many a time with the bottle.