PDA

View Full Version : Tori Amos - From the Choirgirl Hotel

Rye
07-01-2005, 06:19 PM
This CD is excellent so far. I love Tori Amos. I have 5 CDs by her, Little Earthquakes, The Beekeeper, Under the Pink, Scarlet's Walk, and now From the Choirgirl Hotel. As far as I can see, musically, she can do no wrong. She's awesome. I prefer her dark songs, and her dark songs can be terrifying, like '97 Bonnie and Clyde, but her upbeat songs like Cornflake Girl are good too. Anyways, of the songs on her album, so far, my favourites are Cruel (Possibly one of her best songs, in my opinion), Spark, Black-Dove (January), Hotel, Playboy Mommy. I may have more favourites soon.

Well, what's your favourite Tori Amos album and your favourite song by her, and how you feel about From the Choirgirl Hotel. I really really want to buy To Venus and Back. Spring Haze and Purple People (Live) from it are awesome, but I can never find it. I may get it off of iTunes.

Chris
07-01-2005, 06:40 PM
I like Tori Amos, even though she's no longer what she has been.
My favorite song is "Snow Cherries From France" and my favorite album is "Scarlet's Walk".

Rye
07-01-2005, 06:42 PM
I like Tori Amos, even though she's no longer what she has been.
My favorite song is "Snow Cherries From France" and my favorite album is "Scarlet's Walk".

Yeah, Scarlet's Walk is an amazing album. It's amazing, as you can actually feel where she's been in some songs. And I agree. The Beekeeper isn't bad, but it doesn't hold a candle to any of her older stuff. It's too happy.

Chris
07-01-2005, 06:48 PM
The video to "A Sorta Fairytale" is enchanting! xD

KoShiatar
07-01-2005, 08:37 PM
If you like her dark songs, then you HAVE to have "Boys for Pele".
That record is my favourite EVER. I've had it for 8 years now and listened to it until I consumed it. I'm still listening it from time to time. There is NO better inspiration for painting. Tori is kind of a goddess to me. I cannot even start to explain what her music means to me and my life...

eestlinc
07-01-2005, 11:50 PM
I had a raspberry swirl icecream cone the other day and thought of Tori. Choirgirl is a really good album.