PDA

View Full Version : Why do Mithra have low charisma?

Cyraniel
07-01-2005, 08:59 PM
I figure Vanadiel's friendly playful scantly clad cat girls would be VERY charismatic. The xenophobic Elvaan have better charisma. It doesn't make sense to me.

DJZen
07-01-2005, 09:38 PM
'cause the only people who play Mithra choose annoying names like "Purrrfect" and "prittykitty"?

Lionx
07-02-2005, 03:00 AM
Well..

Humes and Mithras have the same HP and MP or if it isnt its very close. The only difference is this:

Humes Edge out more than mithra in : STR VIT CHR

Mithra edge out more than hume in : AGI DEX

Thats the only difference between the two so far. So they have to put something i guess to make them different enough. ^^;a

Misfit
07-02-2005, 04:53 AM
I always wondered about that, too.

Us mithra are lyk ttly 2 hawt 4 u lolz.

Roogle
07-02-2005, 05:37 AM
Because they don't have a social structure similar to the rest of Vana'diel.

Lionx
07-02-2005, 05:57 AM
Orgies for all! :3

Roogle
07-02-2005, 06:06 AM
Galkas have low CHR, too. 3:

Cyraniel
07-02-2005, 06:37 AM
Well Galka have low charisma because they're neither friendly nor attractive to most of the people in Vana'diel. I heard they have slightly higher charisma than Mithra, though I haven't checked. Isn't real charisma how attractive someone's body or personality is? SE seems to have gotten the other attributes right. The big tough Galka have high Strength and Vitality, etc. Seems like the attractive friendly cat girls should have high charisma.

SNOOZER
07-02-2005, 03:02 PM
Mithras are just ugly. ^_^

That's right, I went there.

Mirage
07-02-2005, 03:19 PM
Shut up :(

chionos
07-03-2005, 07:26 AM
Charisma
1. A rare personal quality attributed to leaders who arouse fervent popular devotion and enthusiasm.
2. Personal magnetism or charm
3. A personal attractiveness that enables you to influence others

While mithra are "attractive"(I personally think they're hideous....oh those freakish noses), that attractiveness is a raw natural beauty like a flower or a cloud....it doesn't inspire you to do great things....just makes you sit and stare...
elvaan on the other hand are motivators...they enspire courage and strength in others bc of their wisdom and poise.

And besides, the Mithra that ffxi players roleplay and the Mithra that SE invisioned are two different entities, I am certain...think angry man-hating Amazon lady and not slutty sexforgil valley girl.

DJZen
07-03-2005, 07:07 PM
If SE wanted them to be man-hating amazons, why did they make stupid J-pop music play if you choose Mithra on the character gen screen?

Vaprice
07-04-2005, 01:40 AM
Well Galka have low charisma because they're neither friendly nor attractive to most of the people in Vana'diel. I heard they have slightly higher charisma than Mithra, though I haven't checked. Isn't real charisma how attractive someone's body or personality is? SE seems to have gotten the other attributes right. The big tough Galka have high Strength and Vitality, etc. Seems like the attractive friendly cat girls should have high charisma.

Okay HEY!!!!! Galkas are nice races. Not only can they bench a airship or two at a time, but damn baby are they hairy!

And mithras and humes as Lionx has already pointed out are very much alike. And Us Elvaans have good CHR and the highest MND in the game xD........what the crackers? But hey at least we look sexy when we're healing someone ^^ or casting Black magic

crashNUMBERS
07-04-2005, 02:04 AM
I have a question. Why are mithra's only for female players?? If only there was a way to become a mithra male. T_T. It would be really cool to play as a mithra Thief male...

Vaprice
07-04-2005, 02:06 AM
Im a man mithra!

~~~manthra~~~~

DJZen
07-04-2005, 03:32 AM
SE probably said "we wanna have one male only and one female only race", and then they came up with BS reasons why. Mithras aren't for female players only though, I'd imagine many of the Mithras you run into are guys.

Croyles
07-12-2005, 02:07 AM
Orgies for all! :3

:p