PDA

View Full Version : X-2 Disapointment...

Constantino
07-01-2005, 11:45 PM
Oh my god i just recently bought FFX-2 for my playstation a while back and i never really got around to play it, but when i did i was so outraged by this game...

This game dosent even feel like a final fantasy game what so ever...

Reasons Being...

(1) No weapon equipment
(2) poor and weak storyline
(3) un orignal job system (as in FFT and FFTA)
(4) Re-used graphics system, it seems like they just put in the same sprites in FFX that they did in FFX2 i wish some of the characters that you had in the old game you could have used for a while
(5) only 3 character choices (only 3 you get in the intire game)

If theres anything else that anyone can pinpoint out then write it down in this forum i just really disapointed in this game its was so bad... :cry:

Squall of SeeD
07-02-2005, 12:51 AM
(1) No weapon equipment

They still have different weapons when utilzing different Dresspheres.

That's more or less based on personal opinion. Many people liked the storyline.

It wasn't exactly original in those games either, seeing as how it was used in III and V, as well.

(4) Re-used graphics system, it seems like they just put in the same sprites in FFX that they did in FFX2 i wish some of the characters that you had in the old game you could have used for a while

The graphics have certainly been enhanced since X. If you don't notice, you're not looking close enough, I assure you. As for the NPCs being the same, yes, they are. Much of the NPCs and the environment maps were reused, and even some main NPCs in the game bear generic NPC models, but in all fairness, this game is only based 2 years after X. It doesn't seem all that likely that the fashion will have changed too much.

There's more to a FF game than the things you've pointed out. Thematically, it fits Final Fantasy perfectly, and as far as its game function goes, it's still an RPG in the traditional sense.

Pouring Rain
07-02-2005, 12:54 AM
Hey, you can make a storyline.

(6)Shuyin is a Tidus wannabe. For example: Terror of Zanarkand aka Blitz Ace. I'd still like to know who threw Wakka's World Champion ball there. And Slice and Dice... you know. I cant remember what he calls the Energy Rain and that flippy one, but he does that one too.

boys from the dwarf
07-02-2005, 09:19 AM
Shuyin is the original tidus but tidus is the dream of shuyin.the only decent storyline is paines backstory but that kinda sucks compared to the storylines of FFx and under.
it is the worst FF ever but as a game i like but i cant compare it to other FF because it sucks too much compared to them.there are good points but it just doesnt feel like an FF to me only a few aspects like the battle system (which is very different compared to other ffs because of the way you attack at the same time as them attacking and stuff like that.)and also the jobs system fom FF5 FF3 and FF1 are quite good but it is a highly dissapointing game.also now theve teamed up woth enix there not using any classic music like the one played normally when it says "the end" on FF7 and others and also the one in FF% and various other FFs in the opening scene where all the words scroll down.its just not right.

Lilian
07-02-2005, 09:24 AM
Actually, I liked X-2. I had been told before I bought it that it was a very non-serious, Charlie's Angels-esque type game, so I wasn't expecting a lot from it, and I ended up being pleasantly surprised. I really like the battle system, it's fun to play, and it had a much better storyline than I would have expected. And for some reason, I didn't find Yuna as annoying as I did in X. o_o

Lady Pain
07-02-2005, 04:05 PM
Actually, I liked X-2. I had been told before I bought it that it was a very non-serious, Charlie's Angels-esque type game, so I wasn't expecting a lot from it, and I ended up being pleasantly surprised. I really like the battle system, it's fun to play, and it had a much better storyline than I would have expected. And for some reason, I didn't find Yuna as annoying as I did in X. o_offx-2 is harder then ffx

Squall of SeeD
07-02-2005, 04:15 PM
Shuyin is the original tidus but tidus is the dream of shuyin.

That's unlikely, as has been discussed several times lately. Go here for one such discussion: Linkage (http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62772).

At best, Tidus is a descendant of Shuyin's Aeon incarnation.

Crazy4Tidus
07-02-2005, 08:27 PM
I'm sick of people complaining about FF-X2 being terrible! I thought is was great. I know you people dont like it but you dont have to type it over and over and over and over again! Everyone is sick of hearing that you hate everything!

boys from the dwarf
07-02-2005, 08:35 PM
calm o.k.i didnt say i hated it but i did say it didnt compare to the other final fantasys of course it was a good game but the backstory with paine nooj gippal and baralai is the best but the main story is just an insignificant story unless you get the good or perfect ending because at the end of the FFx credit it shows the start of the good ending so it has been very well planned come to think of it but i dont like the sexist bits of FFx-2 i know its suppose to be a charlies angels thing but they go too far with the women ruling thing and besides every FF has its main PLAYABLE male and female characters not just female so it is rather sexist.
EDIT:i liked the ob system more than any other job system out f all the FF woth job sytems so tha was actually very good and the special dresspheres ere cool sometimes but i never use them and i only ever sed them to see what they look like but with their triple HP ribbon an heling powers it makes the game easier than it already is apart from theia nfinito which is half impossible but thank god its optional or no one would have completed the game (almost no one anyway.)but i did like FFx-2 but just not as much as some of the other okay?

Wiegrahf42
07-02-2005, 08:39 PM
What annoys me is that Square created it for the purpose of a few fast bucks. And the horrible gameplay and what everyone else said. The main thing that killed the expierence was that the characters were so annoying.

boys from the dwarf
07-02-2005, 08:51 PM
and also i hae no idea what he hell is up with saying FFx- is harder than FFx.the final boss is a pansy and the FFx final boss is very hard braskas final aeon is impossible and also the mini super bosses are weak compaed to the dark aeons and penance some may say the trema battle was harder than penance but traing up for penance takes about 4 days of non stop training.but still a lot of things FFX-2 are challenging too like gunners gauntlet via infinito ad other mini-games andother optional bosses so FFx and ten 2 are almost even but for me i like FFx better because the storyine at the end is awesome(i just completed it for the second time last night and it felt good.)

Old Manus
07-02-2005, 08:53 PM
FFX-2 was crap. End of story. Square just wanted to make money by taking advantage of FFX fans and by sticking 3 slutty girls on the front. And story? I'm sorry, did you say story? There was no trace of a story.

FFX-2 in 3 easy steps:

1. Yuna finds sphere. Guy on it looks like Tidus. He is dead, so the only possible explanation is that it was filmed beofre he died. I mean, the only other explanation is so far-fetched it cannot possibly - bugger.
2. Yuna goes looking for Tidus. But he is dead, so Yuna does mindless prancing around and hitting on girls inbetween. This of course accomplishes nothing except annoyance.
3. Yuna finds out it is not Tidus and is some psychopathic bloke. World is somehow saved.

Game over man.

boys from the dwarf
07-02-2005, 10:13 PM
i believe the theory that FFx-2 was a money maker because there has never been an FF sequel so why start one for FFX but on the other hand sqare is doing it a lot now espicially with FF7 so i dont dee the problem much.

Lady Pain
07-02-2005, 10:46 PM
Shuyin is the original tidus but tidus is the dream of shuyin.

That's unlikely, as has been discussed several times lately. Go here for one such discussion: Linkage (http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62772).

At best, Tidus is a descendant of Shuyin's Aeon incarnation.What?

Lilian
07-03-2005, 11:40 AM
ffx-2 is harder then ffx

Actually, for me it was the other way around. I had a hellishly difficult time in FFX with some of the later boss fights my first time through, whereas FFX-2 I pretty much zoomed straight on through.

FFX-2 in 3 easy steps:

1. Yuna finds sphere. Guy on it looks like Tidus. He is dead, so the only possible explanation is that it was filmed beofre he died. I mean, the only other explanation is so far-fetched it cannot possibly - bugger.
2. Yuna goes looking for Tidus. But he is dead, so Yuna does mindless prancing around and hitting on girls inbetween. This of course accomplishes nothing except annoyance.
3. Yuna finds out it is not Tidus and is some psychopathic bloke. World is somehow saved.

Game over man.

FFX in three easy steps:

1. This wanker meets this chick who always...insists on...talking...like this...
2. Tidus finds out that OH NOES, THE HEROINE IS GONNA DIE!
3. The heroine doesn't die. Everyone else does. Game over.

...That was fun. XD Anyway, the point I'm trying to make is, you can summarize pretty much any FF game that way. Granted, there's a lot of depth you'll miss out on in doing so, which there is less of in X-2, but it's not supposed to be a very deep story. The whole point of it is that it's not serious. That doesn't mean that the story it does have is any less of a story just because the game doesn't take itself seriously.

P.S. That summary of X-2's story made me giggle.

Saiyan Knight
07-03-2005, 12:07 PM
FFX-2 was very dissapointing imo.It wasnt /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif but it way below expectations.I suppose FF games are of such a high standard then we expect an epic every time.Anyway the main flaws imo are.

1-Can't buy new weapons.
2-Poor character devolpment.
3-Shocking story.
4-Dialouge a 6yr old would find chessy.
5-That horrible dressphere system.
6-Daft side-quests.

Old Manus
07-03-2005, 12:28 PM
4-Dialouge a 6yr old would find chessy.

Indeed. This isn't Star Wars.

Dark_Bahamut
07-05-2005, 04:50 AM
I would Have to say not being able to Summon

Markus. D
07-05-2005, 08:45 AM
Oh my god i just recently bought FFX-2 for my playstation a while back and i never really got around to play it, but when i did i was so outraged by this game...

This game dosent even feel like a final fantasy game what so ever...

Reasons Being...

(1) No weapon equipment
(5) only 3 character choices (only 3 you get in the intire game)

edit: by the way, if you wanna find the story between the alikeness of Tidus and Shuyin, try finding the meachen a few couple of times.

you guys will see :)
If theres anything else that anyone can pinpoint out then write it down in this forum i just really disapointed in this game its was so bad... :cry:

1. garment grids, accescories are your weapons.
2. no, you just sucked at looking for history on the story through the game.
3. its one hell of a unique job system, fft and ffv cant use garment grids for enhancements while changing IN BATTLE.
4. .... damn, no comback for that one
5. character choices, as in in-battle, again i referace jobs.

if you want more characters and i mean more as in EVERY TYPE OF FIEND, Auron, tidus (aka. ???), shinra etc....
import ffx-2 international + last mission.

you really cant pay this game out... if you hated it so much, why did you play it?

Wuggly Blight
07-05-2005, 12:35 PM
aside from the No weapon equipment poor and weak storyline job system Re-used graphics system only 3 character choices Can't buy new weapons Poor character devolpment Dialouge a 6yr old would find chessy That horrible dressphere system Daft side-quests (wow thats alot of beef) nobodys mentioned the god AWFUL soundtrack. 10's was never fantastic and 10-2 made my ears bleed what the hells is wrong with that composer! 10's was just a rehash and remix of the same 3 songs 10-2 was a wful 70's techno pop consert.

"you really cant pay this game out... if you hated it so much, why did you play it?"
That is a really dumb question, you cant throw that same question in every situation. You have to play the game to know you hate it... geeezzz...

karatehero
07-05-2005, 07:24 PM
I don't get most of your arguements. The music was fine. Actually, it was the first FF game that had a good vocalist in it. FF8 had the cheesiest moment in it ever. The music for FFX-2 made sense.

Reusing the same graphics? Its the same world! Besides, a lot of the areas were new.

The in game graphics were twice as good as FFX. The battle scenes are crisp and the characters look great. I love how the girls don't stay in a line, they make up their own formations. That kicks a**. Have you played X-2 and gone back into X? Its like night and day. Things are so much more crisp.

Granted the games leveling system was easier and less rich than X. Also the game seemed shorter. However, it really wasn't that much shorter than FF8 or FF7 for that matter. Also, its simplicity was so much nicer than some of the last games.

In short -> it was just fun to play a FF game and have fun with it. I've been playing for a while and I still haven't gotten 'the end' yet. It still has some long going challenges.

I betcha if they came out with X-3 you guys would buy it in a heartbeat, even those of you that say X-2 was the worst game ever.

Wanna bet?

Desert Merchant
07-05-2005, 09:05 PM
When I first bought FFX2 I was deeply dissapointed because of the childish pop/little girl dialog "show me your moves?" I mean people make fun of "you spoony bard" but personally I think that "show me your moves" is way worse just the whole beginning sequence was terrible. I mean I was embaressed to play it with anyone around but after the beginning beside the cheesey dialog I started to enjoy the game. I mean the story was decent and It also completeted the FFX story which was why I bought it in the first place. So in the end I think its a decent game just needs a little touching up in the dialog but in its defense has anyone played FFIV recently?

Buccura
07-05-2005, 09:25 PM
X-2 is without a doubt the worst game to ever bare the name Final Fantasy. Horrible Music, cheesy story, lame dialog, overdone sex-appeal, only 3 characters, that Samuari Dressphere is a disgrace to an honorable code, HORRIBLE MUSIC, annoying voices, HORRIBLE MUSIC, and did I mention HORRIBLE MUSIC?

Lon611
07-06-2005, 01:05 AM
X-2 is without a doubt the worst game to ever bare the name Final Fantasy. Horrible Music, cheesy story, lame dialog, overdone sex-appeal, only 3 characters, that Samuari Dressphere is a disgrace to an honorable code, HORRIBLE MUSIC, annoying voices, HORRIBLE MUSIC, and did I mention HORRIBLE MUSIC?

i actually thot the music was one of the good things about X-2.....

neways, i'm in a similar situation:i bought X-2 awhie ago, played a couple hours of it, then gave up. it was a fresh breeze for awhile, then became some tropical storm taht i just couldn't take nemore. thats not to say i didn't have fun playing it, its just running around and doing minigames wasn't exactly what i wanted in an RPG.

Tidus5
07-06-2005, 02:04 AM
I think the main problem with X-2 was that everyone had such high expectations (as they should be) after X came out. Lets face it, FFX had developed characters, an intense storyline, great music, and the english voiceovers were decent (i mean...except for....Yuna pausing....every 2 words). In an article published in a Japanese magazine, a square enix representative ( i cant remember which one) stated that the pressure from FFX fans was the biggest reason that FFX-2 was made. The fans wanted a conclusion, and X-2 was the best that Square-Enix could come up with. I'm not bashing the game either, I enjoyed playing X-2, but I did feel that there were some side quests that were just utterly stupid. All in all, X-2 was meant to be a fun conclusion to the epic that was X. I personally feel that Square-Enix knew that this game would hit a sour note with its fanbase, and as a result, sexed the game up with 3 hot girls and targeted it towards teenage males. But hey, it obviously worked because after all, we bought it. :)

Markus. D
07-06-2005, 02:25 AM
aside from the No weapon equipment poor and weak storyline job system Re-used graphics system only 3 character choices Can't buy new weapons Poor character devolpment Dialouge a 6yr old would find chessy That horrible dressphere system Daft side-quests (wow thats alot of beef) nobodys mentioned the god AWFUL soundtrack. 10's was never fantastic and 10-2 made my ears bleed what the hells is wrong with that composer! 10's was just a rehash and remix of the same 3 songs 10-2 was a wful 70's techno pop consert.

"you really cant pay this game out... if you hated it so much, why did you play it?"
That is a really dumb question, you cant throw that same question in every situation. You have to play the game to know you hate it... geeezzz...

have you ever played this game

music wise, there are only a few techo pop songs.

they have like 20000000 orchestrated songs ranging from Anxiety, Farplane theme (remix of some other orchestral song), lots and lots.

youve never played 10-2 saying that its music is from a dance concert.

Cruise Control
07-06-2005, 02:33 AM
(1) Boo hoo, complain elsewhere (j/k)
(2) Did you play FFX, the storyline is for those intrested to see what happened to Spira after the defeat of sin
(3) Actually I thought the job system was innvative cause of the sheer amount of choices, and the abilities you wanted could be chosen
(4) x_x Same world, makes sense for the same people to live in it
(5) It's cause you controll the gullwings, unless you'd like to fight using brother...

Constantino
07-06-2005, 05:46 AM
Actually, I liked X-2. I had been told before I bought it that it was a very non-serious, Charlie's Angels-esque type game, so I wasn't expecting a lot from it, and I ended up being pleasantly surprised. I really like the battle system, it's fun to play, and it had a much better storyline than I would have expected. And for some reason, I didn't find Yuna as annoying as I did in X. o_offx-2 is harder then ffx

FFX is harder trust me the optional boss fights in the calm lands? oh yeah its alot in FFX althought Beviel Underground was really hard in FFX2 i agree with that :p

Constantino
07-06-2005, 05:49 AM
I'm sick of people complaining about FF-X2 being terrible! I thought is was great. I know you people dont like it but you dont have to type it over and over and over and over again! Everyone is sick of hearing that you hate everything!

Why do you care that much about what others think? your complaining yourself so that dosent make much sense at all now does it? nope dont think so

Constantino- 1 point

Crazy4Tidus- -1 point for stupidity

:D

Constantino
07-06-2005, 05:53 AM
[/QUOTE]

you really cant pay this game out... if you hated it so much, why did you play it [/QUOTE]

What kinda of sqauresoft fan would i be if i didnt :D ive beaten just about every game squaresoft/enix made :D