PDA

View Full Version : What to do with my Cat

Dking'squeen
07-02-2005, 09:27 PM
My cat is literally on the verge of being kicked out of the house. She's been doing a lot of things lately, and I thought that it was because she was sick (throwing up and such), but today, she peed on the couch. Actually, she peed on the blanket that was on the couch, and now my mom wants rid of her after about 3-4 years. I don't know what to do about her. Is there a way that I can keep her from pissing all over the place before she gets put out on the street?

Rye
07-02-2005, 09:29 PM
My cat is literally on the verge of being kicked out of the house. She's been doing a lot of things lately, and I thought that it was because she was sick (throwing up and such), but today, she peed on the couch. Actually, she peed on the blanket that was on the couch, and now my mom wants rid of her after about 3-4 years. I don't know what to do about her. Is there a way that I can keep her from pissing all over the place before she gets put out on the street?

Is she a particularly old cat? My cat did the same things, because he was ancient. I'd get him checked out at a vet. Hope everything goes well. :)

Dking'squeen
07-02-2005, 09:34 PM
No, she's not old at all. She's only about 3-4, not too old. Or maybe 2-3, we were never sure of her age, but she's not old T.T

Vengence
07-02-2005, 09:38 PM
Are you feeding it anything other than cat food? Even little scraps off the dinner table can cause problems...

Hawkeye
07-02-2005, 09:41 PM
Get rid of the cat or kill it

Kappy
07-02-2005, 09:43 PM
Are you seriously thinking of abandoning it on the street? A cat that young? No way, man, go to the vet and see if they can give her onto someone else, or solve the problem. It might be the fact she doesn't like it at your place.

Meat Puppet
07-02-2005, 09:51 PM
My cat is getting pretty close to kicking me out of the house.

Dking'squeen
07-02-2005, 09:51 PM
No, it's the same food as before. We know that she and our other cat don't like any other food. And I'm pretty sure that Mink, my cat, loves the house and me, because we can never get her to go outside in the backyard on a warm day. Thing is, I don't know what my mom plans on doing. She just locked her in the basement >.< Hawkeye, I'm not killing my cat >.<

Kappy
07-02-2005, 10:22 PM
But there's no way you can kick such a young cat out onto the streets. :/

Leeza
07-02-2005, 10:47 PM
Take the cat to a vet. When they pee where they shouldn't and they haven't before, it's a medical problem. Not sure exactly what kind, but that is one of the symptoms of some feline malady. The cat literaly can't help itself.

Chibi Angel
07-02-2005, 10:52 PM
My cat was peeing all over stuff and it turns out he had a bladder infection. Your cat may be sick you should really take it to the vet.

Del Murder
07-02-2005, 10:58 PM
Put the cat's food in the spots where it pees. It will learn not to go there.

Madame Adequate
07-02-2005, 11:23 PM
If it's psychological, then the only hope is to get rid of whatever the problem is, such as other pets, the house itself, things like that. However, if she's being sick, and peeing, it's 99%+ an illness of some sort. Take her to the vets.

And also, next time your mom is ill, don't give her one second's sympathy, just tell her to stop being ill.

Yuffie514
07-02-2005, 11:51 PM
Get rid of the cat or kill it

kill it and it'll reincarnate as a tiger. then you might run into it later :tongue: !

...my bro's cat (male) also does no#1 on our furnishings. he doesn't no more. we jus make him sleep outside mostly and spank him when we catch him doing things like climbing the kitchen table, sleeping on furniture, digging into trash, and scratching the sofa.

Devourment
07-04-2005, 09:13 AM
Put her in a deep fat fryer. :)

Rase
07-04-2005, 09:34 AM
Put her in a deep fat fryer. :)

Awww, there goes my surprise. :(

Reles
07-04-2005, 09:39 AM
Yeah it can be either a mental problem (probably not since older cats tend to lose it instead of younger) or a physical problem. Take it to the vet, but if all else fails move the cat out into a garage, so it's not out in the weather, but it's not inside either. Then if the cat successfully uses the litter box, try moving her/him back inside.

Zeldy
07-04-2005, 06:39 PM
" What to do with my Cat?"
- Eat it :cool:

Old Manus
07-04-2005, 06:48 PM
:cool:

crazybayman
07-04-2005, 07:19 PM
Give the cat to your neighbour and get a Dog.

Levian
07-05-2005, 12:28 AM
www.savetoby.com

Seriously, you can be rich.

Hawkeye
07-05-2005, 01:13 AM
:cool:
I approve of this post

Erdrick Holmes
07-05-2005, 01:28 AM
How old was the cat when you got her? I hope you won't lose her, I remember the day my cat got taken away.

Vaprice
07-05-2005, 03:01 AM
First off where'd you get the cat? If you got it at around when it was born you should have some understanding of what it was like when it was still a kitten....if not and got it around 2 then you should KNOW MORE about the conditions it was living in...

Was it scared? beaten? Did it grow up in ASIA?!?!? EEPPP!!

you need to reflect what happened earlier on in its life.

What food are you feeding it? At what daily hours are you feeding it? How much water? Hour times between meals! Are you keeping the catbox clean? Are you paying attention to her at all?!?! jsut gotta keep coming up with questions...

If that doesn't do anythinjg for you...you might want to think about if it's got a disease. Like dhiarhea of the mouth :P xD sorry...but seriously gotta look at all the factors....how clean the home is etc etc etc...

SilverWind
07-06-2005, 06:58 PM
www.savetoby.com

Seriously, you can be rich.

What a freak...-.-

Anyway my cats have same problem...not somuch peeing any more, as crapping anyways...

Xaven
07-07-2005, 12:49 AM
Some of these posts remind me of that movie I made of a kitty getting hit by a car.

Anyway, I hope your cat gets to stay.

Daryl
07-07-2005, 01:36 AM
Take the cat to the vet. It could be an infection, or it could be a behavioral problem. The former is fixed with medication, the latter is fixed through a few potetial ways.

-is the litter box cleaned regularly?
-is the old litter regularly dumped and new put in the box?
-multiple cats = multiple boxes. one extra box for each additional cat.
-try putting a little box in a new location. you can't put one on a couch, but, this was how I solved a similar problem for my cats.

At any rate, take the cat to the vet if you haven't already.
Good luck.