PDA

View Full Version : Kelly Clarkson

Rye
07-02-2005, 10:40 PM
I've just gotten iTunes a few days ago, and I've been going on a downloading frenzy (I had 45 dollars worth of iTune cards and they're gone already) and one of artists I downloaded songs from is Kelly Clarkson.

I always liked her, her first CD had some nice songs, but I mainly liked it because of her strong voice. Though I'm not really into pop all too much, I'm more into rock, she (along with Christina Aguilera) is my favourite artist of that category.

Her new CD is very good. It's more pop rock now, which is a genre I usually dislike (Because of that fiend Avril Lavigne) but this is good.

I love Kelly's voice. It's strong and I like seeing her breaking out of the "I'm such a lucky American Idol" mold. She may not write most of her songs, but I think she's a respectable artist, and she goes up there with Christina Aguilera on the chart of kick ass singers, because they both have amazing voices, even if you dislike their music. :)

The thing I like about the songs especially is that though it is pop rock, she stays true to her singing roots and doesn't have a hallow voice like a lot of the pop rock singers have. You can tell her voice has a pop almost soul influence in it, and that's not changed.

The thing that I dislike, though it's not really about the music, is how she looks like she's trying too hard to look rock or something, in the videos. It gives her a wanna be rock star look, even though her music isn't really like that. Also, I heard that the lyrics are kinda fake sad, though I'll have to check that one out for myself. Nothing wrong with sad lyrics, but I'm hoping she's not going to sound like Simple Plan or anything. And the fact that in one of her songs, the one that Avril "wrote" (Meaning her company or whatever wrote. But then again, maybe she did write it, this song had awful lyrics. And the title was spelt wrong and had awful grammar), Since U Been Gone, sounded too Avril-y, though she did still sound good.

But then again, she's still young and I think she's new to writing, so I guess cheesy in an angsty way lyrics are better than "SHE WUZ A SK8ER BOI!!!" :p

My favourite song so far would have to be Hear Me. The ending is especially great because it has that multiple vocal thing going on which I adore.

What do you think about Kelly and her album? :)

Wow, this post was too big. xD

Chris
07-02-2005, 10:57 PM
Kelly Clarkson? Not thanks, I mean, she has a good voice and all but her music is just too much pop frenzy. I really do think she has a good voice, but too much pop in one place.

Rye
07-02-2005, 11:04 PM
Kelly Clarkson? Not thanks, I mean, she has a good voice and all but her music is just too much pop frenzy. I really do think she has a good voice, but too much pop in one place.

Yeah, that's why I can't listen to pop too much. To me, pop can be a good genre, but it doesn't hold a candle to most rock or other categories. I do like some pop though.

Chris
07-02-2005, 11:33 PM
Pop music can be great, Björk and such, but too much pop can seriously kill you. :(

Zeldy
07-03-2005, 05:26 PM
Her song Since You've been Gone i heard a few times, i wouldnt say i liked it but i wouldn't say i disliked it.
She's ok. Christina Aquileria is one of my favourite singers too! <3

DK
07-03-2005, 06:52 PM
I would. :D