PDA

View Full Version : The FF V job system

Crossblades
07-03-2005, 03:24 AM
When I first bought this game, I thought it was necessary to level up all your jobs, but then FFT and FFTA taught me that you're fine with just using one or two jobs on each person and that you can even finish the jobs you started off with. So is FF V the same way? Can I have my Reina be a Time Mage/White Mage throughout the entire game with no problems?

Del Murder
07-03-2005, 04:33 AM
In this game you get stat bonuses in the Bare class for every job you master. If you don't want to take on any of the optional super bosses in this game then you should be fine with a balanced party, though there are certain occasions where a particular job (like Samurai) makes a fight a lot easier.

Crossblades
07-03-2005, 03:37 PM
These are the jobs I plan to stick with throughout the entire game

Bartz - Lancer/Knight
Reina - Time Mage/White Mage
Galuf/Krile - Summoner/Black Mage
Faris - Ninja/Monk

Is this okay?

AerisIsMyGod
07-03-2005, 04:06 PM
I'm in the same situation, this is the first time of played the game and I've found alot of the jobs to be useless.

Also, Can a red mage use ALL the same spells as both white and black?

Shin Gouken
07-03-2005, 04:58 PM
I'm in the same situation, this is the first time of played the game and I've found alot of the jobs to be useless.

Also, Can a red mage use ALL the same spells as both white and black?

yes providing your black/white mages have learnt those spells and that you equip white/black as a second ability

rubah
07-03-2005, 09:55 PM

Bartz - Lancer/Knight
Faris - Ninja/Monk

Is this okay?

YOu seem to have a lot of magic attacking~ You'll probably want to get a Mime to tone down the mp usage~

abrojtm
07-04-2005, 01:19 AM
It's generally fine to stick with particular jobs, but once you master a job, then you should definitely switch over.

ShivaBlizzard8
07-08-2005, 02:21 AM

Bartz - Lancer/Knight
Faris - Ninja/Monk

Is this okay?

You're going to miss out on a lot of abilities that way, which are important to beating the game. For instance, Samurai's $ Toss is critical, and with all those mages, you're going to want the dancer's ability to steal hp and mp, not to mention that sword dance, IMHO, is the only real way to win. Plus, the Theif's Dash ability is imporant for crossing certain areas, and Mug will get you important equipment. Finally, certain Bard songs are crucial for certain dungeons.

Although its possible to keep a handful of jobs, and some FF5 jobs are a bit excessive, the holdover abilities make it important to master as many jobs as possible, so that by the end of the game, you can fight the final battles as a bare or mime character with as many abilities as possible. Its ultimately your choice, but exploring all the jobs is part of the fun of FF5.

Crossblades
07-08-2005, 09:20 PM
Well this is my 3rd time playing FF V and the first two times I played it bored the hell out of me because all I did was go from job to job. I'm really enjoying it now because I'm only using 2 or 3 jobs per character and all those abilities you mentioned I didn't use them at all, so to me they're not necessary(I didn't even use Requiem to beat the Zombies o save Golem)So far the classes I'm using have been no problem throught out the entire game

ShivaBlizzard8
07-09-2005, 07:26 AM
Ah, I see - well, if you've played it before, then I say go for it - it should be an interesting challenge. :p

Crossblades
07-10-2005, 12:47 AM
Well compared to the first two times I played it, so far I find this extremely easy :D