PDA

View Full Version : Blitzball questions..

Udon
07-03-2005, 03:44 PM
Okay.. I just started with my sidequest, blitzball included. I just have a few newbie questions.

One faq sez I should use Nimrook as GK but I can't recruit him.. It sez 21 games on the contract. SO I can't recruit him until I play him 21 times so the contract will expire. What if he renews it with the Psyches?

Also is it okay to lose once or twice. When I lose I soft reset it until I win. Is that a good practice or not?

RSL
07-03-2005, 04:53 PM
Yeah you have to wait 21 games until his contract is up. And if he resigns then you're screwed.

Ravenmorghane
07-03-2005, 07:04 PM
to begin with you will lose lots of games but it doesnt matter cus you'l still get EXP and your playes will just level up until they get good, and then you can snap up new players whos contracts are ending.
I hated blitzball though it just drove me insane, had to get my little brother to do it!

CaptRory
07-03-2005, 09:20 PM
I really enjoyed Blitzball. There is a really good guide to it on GameFaqs. I had read that to get a team to drop a goalie (or to have a better chance at them doing so) you need to really score on them a lot so they'll go looking for different talent. Anyway, to raise your players' levels faster you can just pass the ball between them. Every successful pass will earn experience so if you just spend some games doing that everyone will get a leg up. Don't forget to swap your current goalie out for a little leveling love too, just stick someone there til you get him a couple levels.

Udon
07-04-2005, 03:58 AM
So you mean its okay to lose a game? Ok then I won't soft reset when I do.

Btw so they have to resign themselves? There is no way I can reserve them so they will work for my team after their contract expires??

CaptRory
07-04-2005, 08:35 PM
You should automatically have a chance to rehire them as soon as their contract expires so long as you have the gil. You don't need to win every game, you're only on the spot if you're trying to win a special prize and you don't want to wait for it to come 'round again.

Udon
07-06-2005, 03:00 PM
btw in order to learn jecht shot 2, i need to learn at least 1 of tidus' key techniques right?

MoonZapdos
07-06-2005, 03:13 PM
Yeah you have to wait 21 games until his contract is up. And if he resigns then you're screwed.
Not screwed. Jumal is the 2nd best goalkeeper and starts out immediatelly with Super Goalie. Besides, no-one can stop Tidus' Jecht Shot 2.

Masamune·1600
07-06-2005, 06:24 PM
btw in order to learn jecht shot 2, i need to learn at least 1 of tidus' key techniques right?

In order to learn Jecht Shot 2, you must first learn all three Key Techniques for Tidus: Anti-Venom 2, Drain Tackle 2, and Venom Tackle. After this, it can be won in a tournament.

Udon
07-08-2005, 06:52 AM
Okay so that makes my life a bit harder! So basically what is important is for me to master ALL key techniques of each character?