PDA

View Full Version : Weapon abilities?

Udon
07-03-2005, 03:48 PM
I want to give deathstrike to a player but something is stopping me.

1. Who should I give it with.
2. What weapon will I have it learn.

This is crucial for me since I think I will only have one deathstrike looking at the requirements so I need to think who to give it. There are lots of weapons, what if I attach it to a weapon and I got a powerful one later in the game..

Kappy
07-03-2005, 04:42 PM
This is assuming you haven't been stat maxing and have stuck to each individual characters grid:

1. If you are able to give it to one character, give it to a more physical character that HASN'T got high strength ie. Not Auron, Tidus as they can probably kill enemies in one or two shots due to strength. Wakka or Kimahri maybe? It depends on what character has a lower strength stat that is usually physically based in their attacks.
To simplify, there's no point in giving Deathstrike to a character that can already kill in one or two, and no point in giving it to a character that is more magic suited like Yuna or Lulu and won't physically attack. Wakka, Rikku, Kimahri work. ;)

2. It doesn't really matter, but it's best to give it to a weapon that hasn't been customised (e.g "Variable Steel" it if were for Tidus, a clear four slot weapon.. they can be bought for quite a bit of money from Rin on the Airship) so you can put other things on to maximise the weapon to suit Deathstrike.
There's no point in putting "Strength + 20%, etc" on the weapon if it's likely to kill in one hit, and "Magic + 20%" if the character you've put it on doesn't use Magic so much. It is also useless to add or put Deathstrike on a weapon with Break Damage Limit for the same reasons as Strength + x% as you won't be inflicting damage.
Also avoid wasting slot space with elemental strikes and other status strikes. ;) Piercing is un-needed as well.

Abilities that work well are Counter, Evade and Counter (so you can counter attacks with a Deathstrike. Quicker this way ^__^) Other abilities like First strike, Initiative are good. Other things that don't affect the strike of a weapon can be useful to add like Double & Triple Overdrive, Double & Triple AP, Overdrive -> AP, just for other benefits.
Remember you've only got three other slots if you use a clear four slot weapon to add Deathstrike to, so choose carefully. If you aren't using a clear four slot weapon, add it to a weapon with some of these abilities. :)

Hope it helps. ^_^

Udon
07-04-2005, 04:11 AM
Thanks it really helps! Now I know where to give the deathstrike.

Wouldn't it be best to put triple ap or overdrive to a weapon without deathstrike so it can overkill an opponent?

Kappy
07-04-2005, 06:39 PM
Generally if you're as far into the game where you're able to put these abilities on more than once, you're probably overkilling most enemies already. If not, you can just get another character with higher strength (Tidus, Auron) to have it on their weapons, as one overkill benefits everybody, if you get me.

Alyster
07-11-2005, 01:03 AM
i say add it to ur best weapon that ur best character is