PDA

View Full Version : Holy Crap! Mario Baseball!

JaytodaP
07-03-2005, 06:58 PM
I was lookin to see what games were comin out on gamespy.com and I come across Mario Superstar Baseball. My first thought was " This looks so stupid, but thats why I'll buy it". Bowser is so badass! He uses bullet bill for his bat! Apparently you pick a character and go through a story mode. I only know one thing, Bowser's my catcher so he can clobber people at the plate. If you dont believe me, go to gamespy.com. What are your thoughts?

The Time Assassin
07-03-2005, 07:05 PM
Nintendo must be getting very desperate. First the 20 dollar NES games and now Mario in a baseball game... This seems like something that would be in a Mario Party game.

Agent Proto
07-03-2005, 07:09 PM
Nintendo's not desperate. They're just doing something new with the Nintendo All-star cast. There's soon going to be a Mario soccer game.

The Time Assassin
07-03-2005, 07:39 PM
They are running out of ideas.

radyk05
07-03-2005, 07:45 PM
im biting my nails waiting for mario lawn moaning.

The Time Assassin
07-03-2005, 08:11 PM
XD

RSL
07-03-2005, 08:19 PM
I don't even want to know what lawn moaning is.

I don't know, I probably won't get this game but you can't blame Nintendo for trying to make a game as boring as baseball fun!

The Time Assassin
07-03-2005, 08:24 PM
I don't even want to know what lawn moaning is.

I don't know, I probably won't get this game but you can't blame Nintendo for trying to make a game as boring as baseball fun!

You don't know what lawn mowing is? o_O

omnitarian
07-03-2005, 08:26 PM
He knows about lawn mowing, it's lawn moaning that seems to foreign to him.

The Time Assassin
07-03-2005, 08:27 PM
He knows about lawn mowing, it's lawn moaning that seems to foreign to him.

Oh /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif, I just noticed that. >_>

radyk05
07-03-2005, 08:34 PM
oops.

Doomie
07-03-2005, 10:18 PM
Big Brother 6: Mario All stars Edition

Teek
07-03-2005, 10:36 PM
I'm a lawn moaner, RSL. You can join me anytime you want. :aimkiss:

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-04-2005, 01:57 AM
They are running out of ideas.They'd be running out of ideas if they weren't doing anything new. This is the opposite.

Lionx
07-04-2005, 11:40 AM
You know things like Mario Tennis and stuff..although it does look somewhat lame(and i agree that Mario whatever sport is kinda lame lately) and stuff, most of the time Nintendo made the game more than what it is. Like the GBC game has RPG elements and pretty good response and play control. All in all it made me want to play more Sport games like that. So its not that bad. I hope this one is fine like the rest with some innovative stuff that other boring sport games fail to get.

KentaRawr!
07-04-2005, 02:01 PM
I wish they would stop making Mario do these things! >_< I want him to jump on Goombas again! :cry:

The Time Assassin
07-04-2005, 04:51 PM
They are running out of ideas.They'd be running out of ideas if they weren't doing anything new. This is the opposite.

Baseball games are new? Mario is new? HOLY /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif! IT IS 1985 AGAIN!

Craig
07-04-2005, 05:06 PM
Baseball games aren't new, no. And neither is Mario. But Mario Baseball is.

Del Murder
07-04-2005, 05:21 PM
Nintendo rarely makes a crappy game, and the Mario sports games are always fun. I'm looking forward to this.

The Time Assassin
07-04-2005, 06:16 PM
Too bad the only good games on Nintendo systems are 1st party games... (except RE4!)

Sephex
07-04-2005, 06:31 PM
Too bad the only good games on Nintendo systems are 1st party games... (except RE4!)

Okay. Seriously. Shut up. Your bias against Nintendo is very
annoying.

Oh and....

Owned.

Maxico
07-04-2005, 07:57 PM

MY GOD its Anti-Joel.

I hear if we put them together they cancel each other out.

boys from the dwarf
07-04-2005, 09:01 PM
mario cheese eating with different shaped scecialized cheeses for all characters. wow!
mario worshipping.worship the lord while playing as mario now you can worship with 10X as much button pressing
mario breadmaking.
mario star wars
mario lego star wars
mario the movie(with interactive buttons to press to choose exactly how you want the film to suprise you.)
mario theft auto
mario random killing spree.

Black Mage
07-04-2005, 09:32 PM
If only the masterminds at Nintendo were as funny and clever as you. Then we wouldn't have this problem, what with them making all these fun Mario games.

radyk05
07-04-2005, 10:01 PM
ok, must of us love mario and his incursions in different types of genres but the problem is that nintendo, fearing that their original and fun ideas might flop, put all their god damned mascots in all of them!! i mean, link in soul calibur?? mario in all the games? aren't they going to make a game that actually INTRODUCES a brand new character? that is the problem. that and the lack of third party games. btw, imma nintendo fan.

Spammerman
07-04-2005, 10:47 PM
are they using toad, goombas, or koopas for the balls?

and i weanna see mario basketball and yoshi football.

PhoenixAsh
07-04-2005, 11:24 PM
Pfft, Smash Brothers rocks, I like having familiar, likable characters in games that would be fun anyway. Raising Link being in SCII is a bit unfair given Heihachi was in the PS2 version. I'm not a huge Mario fan, so I'd prefer other characters to get their own games, but if he's still popular then why not put him in a game as long as it doesn't mean a half-hearted effort for gameplay?

Hell you can hardly accuse Nintendo of being unoriginal, they STARTED the whole using your main platform character in other genres idea (at least as far as I know, which is based on very little actual information). Look at the amazingly original Crash Team Racing, and if I remember correctly a Crash party game :P. I like PlayStation, but as far as new ideas go Nintendo do pretty DAMN well. Some ideas aren't really my thing, but they do try. Hell look at the Dual Screen. You can't hold it against them for using some old classics with a bit of a spin. Maybe they should be less novel with their sports games though, it's crazy that they dare release one that isn't loaded with originality such as 'slightly improved graphics', 'updated player lists', and 'updated year in the title'.

Agent Proto
07-05-2005, 07:38 AM
Nintendo do come up with original games with original characters.

Hello? Does Pikmin ring a bell?

Look, Nintendo is not the only one that reuses popular characters in side games. Sega does the same damn thing with Sonic. Please, this is not a bash Nintendo thread, this is purely about Mario Baseball, unless you intend to turn this thread to bashing Nintendo.