PDA

View Full Version : Secret of Mana/Seiken Densetsu and the sequel

Edgar Figaro
07-04-2005, 12:50 AM
Ever play them and if so, aren't they great?

crashNUMBERS
07-04-2005, 01:47 AM
Hell yeah!! Especially seiken densetsu 4/ Legend of Mana. That was my favorite of the series!!

Heres a guide for you people just in case your wondering which is which...

Seiken Densetsu = Final Fantasy Adventures
Seiken Densetsu 2 = Secret of Mana
Seiken Densetsu 3 = This one wasn't released in america so the names the same I guess
Seiken Densetsu 4 = legend of Mana

Just incase your wondering, Sword of mana is the remake to Seiken Densetsu/ FFA. Not a full Seiken Densetsu 5...

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-04-2005, 01:53 AM
Seiken Densetsu = Final Fantasy AdventuresFinal Fantasy Adventure. Singular, you know.

As for the original title, although it was commonly known as Seiken Densetsu, the full title also contained the phrase "Final Fantasy Gaiden." You know how the top of the Metal Gear Solid logo has the words "Tactical Espionage Action," but no one, not even the makers of the game, ever include that phrase in the title? It's like that.
Seiken Densetsu 4 = legend of ManaThe Japanese title was just "Seiken Densetsu: Legend of Mana." No number.
Just incase your wondering, Sword of mana is the remake to Seiken Densetsu/ FFA. Not a full Seiken Densetsu 5...And just for the record, its Japanese title was "Shinyaku Seiken Densetsu."

crashNUMBERS
07-04-2005, 01:57 AM
Ah I see. Thanks kishi. You learn something knew everyday...

Del Murder
07-04-2005, 08:40 AM
Secret of Mana is one of my favorite games for the SNES. Powering up weapons and magic is strangely soothing.

CloudDragon
07-04-2005, 10:03 AM
Secret of Mana was a pretty good game. Having a multitap and two other friends make the experience of the game that much better. Mostly I only played it with one other person, though.

KuRt
07-04-2005, 12:07 PM
Seiken densetsu 3 is outta this world and talk about the story of sword of mana :whoa: :bow: :bow: :bow: :whoa:

Anaconda
07-06-2005, 03:33 PM
Ah Secret of Mana...that game brings back so many memories. I absolutely loved that game.

Rengori
07-06-2005, 06:00 PM
Yah, same here.

Aphelion
07-06-2005, 08:14 PM
I'm not very fond of Secret of Mana. I've never liked it very much, but Seiken Densetsu 3, Sword of Mana and Legend of Mana are three of the greatest RPGs of all time. SD3 for its class/job system. SoM for its storyline and battle system. LoM for its innovation (quest system).

I'm looking forward to a Mana PS2 or PS3 installment...I've had enough of 2D graphics too...They should try to move onto the 3rd dimension, even if it results in a step back in the series...

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-06-2005, 08:18 PM
Present technology would allow for a perfectly beautiful 3D Seiken Densetsu game. The only problem I can imagine is that Brownie Brown has zero experience developing 3D games, so they might not be able to take advantage of that technology. They could probably get some guidance from the main Square guys, though.

Endless
07-06-2005, 09:04 PM
I would be really disappointed if the Mana series went 3D. I mean, eww.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-06-2005, 09:20 PM
No, really, there are pretty 3D games now.

DJZen
07-07-2005, 05:30 AM
Secret of Mana pwnz.

Endless
07-07-2005, 07:37 AM
If I wanted a 3D action RPG, I'd be playing Kingdom Hearts.

abrojtm
07-07-2005, 08:42 AM
I hearth Seiken Densetsu Saga. Holy Sword Legend am goal.

Takara
07-07-2005, 09:54 AM
I LOVE Secret of Mana. Used to have it for the SNES until my brother sold it for money to get crack. Stupid brother. :( I've been trying to find another copy again, but to no avail. And, well, I'm broke, so I better forget about it for now. :cry:

Anaconda
07-07-2005, 06:19 PM
You can probably find it on ebay. :) Just save your money. ;) :eek: :greenie:

Buccura
07-07-2005, 07:11 PM
Secret of Mana was my first Square game. I still love it dearly to this date.

malucosuicida
08-05-2005, 09:57 PM
i agree with you :tongue:
it was my first too so i still love it :rolleyes2
but i can't find it anymore to buy at my country :hot:
I NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!! :crying:

Dreddz
08-22-2005, 11:08 PM
I played and beat Secret Of Mana. Very good game. I found FFVI better at the time and now better. Once my Breaker pro comes through the door ill get Legend of mana.

cookieface
08-28-2005, 01:08 AM
I wouldn't really compare any Mana/SeikenD game with any FF game, but that's just me. The Mana games are way too different, focused less on story presentation and more on slicing things around in real time. That's what makes it a nice play, the mix of a little of both. I rented Secret o once, but never beat it. Until recently that is, but in emulation. Which is also the only way I was able to play SD3 in english. That was my favorite in the bunch because the game mechanics of the fighting were the best. I played Legend O. but it wasn't my favorite. The battles are way to rigid and not like the other mana games. You go into battles and are stuck in the screen, kind of like CT but moving real time action. The system was a downgrade overall, I didn't like it, you also only fight beat-em-up style, side to side, without attacking in four directions. Other than that, the game was awesome, but the actual "meat" of a mana game was destroyed. I was disappointed in that game, but still liked it.

And oh yes, there's also Sword of Mana for GBA, I skimmed through that game a bit, but it's pretty tame. It's supposively a remake of the first SD/FFAdventure. I didn't love it much.