PDA

View Full Version : FF2J - Problem, please help (no spoilers)

Ifalna7
07-04-2005, 05:24 AM
I'm playing FF2j on an nes emulator with so far, no problems.
I am stuck trying to enter Paramekia(sp?) castle just north of the Arena. I've read the other post and the only one that was similar was a player not able to land on the correct spot.
My problem however is not so simple. I found the correct square or two where you can land but instead of getting inside the Castle, I am warped to the exit of the Dist(Deist) Cave north of Dist(Deist) castle.

This is so frustrating, I built my guys to be able to beat the game and I can't get past the last few areas :'(

Someone help by any means possible. I'm willing to take someone else's save or even agree to some hacking if anyone knows how to place me inside the castle, I've tried everything :(

Butz
07-04-2005, 05:14 PM
here's a walkthrough http://www.rpgclassics.com/shrines/nes/ff2/walkthroughs/walk13.shtml

Ifalna7
07-04-2005, 05:24 PM
Thank you Butz but I failed again. I am not having trouble landing on it and I even got it pixel for pixel in the correct landing area. I still warp to the Dist cave instead of the 7th floor of that castle. I'm coming to think that my ROM is a bad one :(.

Anyone have a save or different rom?

boys from the dwarf
07-04-2005, 05:51 PM
try buyng a new one.even if that means restarting the wholre game and at least its not as bad as not completing the game ever.(dont feel bad if you do have to restart because i had to completely restart FF4,FF8,FF10 and almost FF2.it does annoy you alot i should know but its all seems worthwhile at the end of the game.)

DJZen
07-04-2005, 07:04 PM
It's a bad ROM. Fortunately, your save state will work on any copy of the ROM.

Ifalna7
07-07-2005, 03:44 AM
I thought about the using the same save state on a different ROM idea. However, I do not believe there is a good ROM out there :(. So warning to all of you who want to experience the original FF2, Paramekia Castle is your dead end.

Unless someone can confirm a good ROM past that point, I've tried two different versions and they both do the same thing.

On the good note, I started the Playstation version of it and I'm making great progress since it's much easier ^^

Did you lose a memory card Dwarf? That's alot of gaming to lose :( ouch. I guess I don't have it that bad heh. I can at least do some things different and this is a great reason to play the playstation and the nes version :)

Thank you guys and gals for your help and concern.

abrojtm
07-07-2005, 04:32 AM
Hmm, I never encountered this problem on my copy of my NES rom. Perhaps you should try the rom that is on the EoFF frontpage, if that doesn't work, I'll send you a copy of mine.

Or maybe you are using cheats? That is liable to mess up your game every now and then. If so, try turning them all off and doing it again.

rubah
07-08-2005, 01:56 AM
I haven't had any problems with my rom-- got it from vymm's lair:o

What emu are you using, also?

Ifalna7
07-08-2005, 02:09 AM
I've got some bad luck, I think that page is gone or is down. I just get "cannot find" pages trying to click on the FF2 rom's page.

Nope, I don't believe in cheating :D

If anyone has actually been through Paramekia Castle could they please send me their copy to this email:
ss427mach9@hotmail.com

I am using Jnes0.50 Beta and the rom size for FF2 is 256k.

I've tried the highest rated Vimm's Final Fantasy II and it does the same thing.

DJZen
07-08-2005, 05:41 PM
Well there's your problem. Use NNNesterJ.

Sefie1999AD
07-08-2005, 06:11 PM
I used Nesticle to play FF2j, and nowadays I use FCE Ultra. They both seem to work pretty well. I'm not sure if the fault is in your emulator or your ROM, but I think this problem can be solved without having to restart the game. I'd also suggest you to use only normal in-game saves and not save states. Save states can create weird side effects. For example, you may get only same class change items in Seiken Densetsu 3, or in KH: CoM, I started Reverse Rebirth and saved the game on a save point. I played it very long, and then wanted to try an old save state, which was at the final battle. After I beat the final battle, I noticed that I had lost all the saves on Reverse Rebirth, so now I have to restart it. Not sure which problems this could cause in FF2j, but there could be some issues.

Ifalna7
07-08-2005, 09:32 PM
I gave NNNester a shot and it did the same thing, it also ran the game worse.

I have concluded that you guys and gals are right and it's probably the save state messing things up. My fault for hex editing it eh? :mad2:

It's too late too to use my sav file because even using that didn't work and I'm almost certain there would be no information on world map event coordinates saved on a sav file. So I really messed something up. I have an older save probably about an hour back, but I'm sure it'll turn up the same result. I'll just have to wait 'till one of my friends gets to that point and I can grab their copy of the save. Then I can compare the two and edit their sav to match my names and equip.
I'm bad, didn't learn my lesson :D

Anyway, thanks for all the concern, you guys are great :)

Creed
07-10-2005, 04:19 PM
I dont play FF2 on NES but look at the GBA DoS walk through it might work. :)