PDA

View Full Version : Hollywood needs to think of new ideas for the next alien invasion movie they make

darkchrono
07-04-2005, 06:17 AM
In War of the Worlds (just like in ID4) the main reason the aliens are so invincible towards our armies is not really because of their far supperior weapons to ours. It is because of a forcefield that they have around their ships that our weapons can't penetrate. But once they are able to get past that forcefield the alien ships go down without any problem whatsoever. In fact once that forcefield is gone we seem to have supperior weapons to theirs.

So why is that forcefield theory so popular amongst hollywood and what new ideas do you think they could have for the next alien invasion movie they make as to why our weapons won't work against theirs and how we eventually figure out how to beat those alien weapons.

Kirobaito
07-04-2005, 06:20 AM
It could be like in the original War of the Worlds, where after the invasion gets underway, they all drop dead due to a virus that humankind is immune to.

RSL
07-04-2005, 06:24 AM
They should make an alien invasion movie where the Aliens are easily killed by water.

Kirobaito
07-04-2005, 06:28 AM
You could be the star.

The Man
07-04-2005, 06:46 AM
That'd be a surefire sign of success. I would definitely pay money to watch a movie in which RSL was the star.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-04-2005, 06:50 AM
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0074797/

darkchrono
07-04-2005, 07:06 AM
actually in the new war of the worlds they die because of a virus as well (which is retarded. If they spent many many years studying us you would think they would have thought about that obstacle.)

But in the movie the reason our weapons can't do anything against them is because of a forcefield that they have around them.

Hawkeye
07-04-2005, 07:25 AM
actually in the new war of the worlds they die because of a virus as well (which is retarded. If they spent many many years studying us you would think they would have thought about that obstacle.)

But in the movie the reason our weapons can't do anything against them is because of a forcefield that they have around them.
THANKS FOR RUINING THE MOVIE FOR ME T_T

Probably wasnt going to see it anyways lol :D

But I suggest an alien movie where Rambo infiltrates and alien vessel and kills the alien race. Instead of First Blood, we can name it, "Alien Blood."

Genius

Azure Chrysanthemum
07-04-2005, 07:59 AM
But I suggest an alien movie where Rambo infiltrates and alien vessel and kills the alien race. Instead of First Blood, we can name it, "Alien Blood."

If I didn't know better I'd SWEAR that came from Maddox.

The Man
07-04-2005, 08:02 AM
Wells had that bit written out pretty well actually, as I recall. They were so overwhelmingly assured of their vast superiority in every manner imaginable that they didn't think they could be afflicted by anything that wouldn't affect us adversely. This is one of a number of things that the book did a lot better than the movie (and one of the reasons I'm having a hard accepting all the people who are calling the film a masterpiece, because like so many book adaptations, it leaves out a number of crucial details).

Hawkeye
07-04-2005, 05:43 PM

If I didn't know better I'd SWEAR that came from Maddox.
Are you serious, because I just totally made that up