PDA

View Full Version : origin of the americans

Tigerheart
07-04-2005, 08:23 AM
ok, this iz just a question, and it been bugging me for quite some time. so, please spare me the hate.
i wuz wondering what the americans were before they defeated the british. yes, they were a colony of them, so that means they were like either captured by th british in their homeland right?

Kirobaito
07-04-2005, 08:30 AM
The American colonies were settled by the British throughout the 17th and 18th centuries. The colonists mostly came from Great Britain, seeking religious freedom or wealth. Georgia was settled as a debtor's refuge.

Now, study Chapters 5-7 over "Exploration: God, Glory, and Gold". There will be a quiz on Wednesday.

rubah
07-04-2005, 08:34 AM
The Americans, for the most part, were from British families who came to America for religious freedom or money. There were also parts that were inhabited by other Europeans, but they were almost all Britons.

Now, study Chapters 5-7 over "Exploration: God, Glory, and Gold". There will be a quiz on Wednesday.

Wtp are you talking about KB?

The Americans were a peace loving group centered around the eastern coast of what is now the United States. No one knows how they got there. They suddenly appeared around 1850 AD and immediately teleported to the West Coast, and the two groups jointly started writing a falsified history of the last two centuries.

These groups decided that to throw the other countries off of the fact that they'd only just become existant, they would have a war so that no one would notice.

It took ten years to plan this war and to get anyone to agree to dying, because there was no government to decide things in a jiffy.

People ended up dying, people still alive said 'wtf' and wrote a new document that replaced the 'Documenta Extra Awesoma' that had previously governed the two decade old nation~

This, is our origins.

Mitch
07-04-2005, 08:44 AM
Obviously they are all from New Zealand. What else do you think wakas are for?

Rase
07-04-2005, 08:46 AM
Native Americans > Others.

Del Murder
07-04-2005, 08:50 AM
Well, when a man and a woman really love each other...

Yamaneko
07-04-2005, 08:58 AM
Africa.

Shlup
07-04-2005, 09:04 AM
This area was once populated by many tribes of Natives. Then the land was discovered by the Europeans and they began coming over by the boatload, killing the "savages" who dared to occupy the land they "found." The East coast colonies were under British rule, but the damn bastards kept taxing us for damn ass tea and stamps and stuff so we kicked their fruity asses back to the mother land.

And thus America was born. *does a jig*

Peegee
07-04-2005, 09:09 AM
This is so mean to do, considering the date:

A bunch of white people from Europe came into N. America's coast, meeting Indians. They promptly began trading with said Indians, continuing to settle more and more of their (the white people's) kind in the new land, ultimately driving all the Indians to near extinction.

Then they went to Africa and brought a bunch of the indigineous people over to America so that they can use them (the Africans) as cheap and easily (relatively) replaceable labour. Similar methodologies was adopted with other countries, such as using Chinese folk.

Somewhere along the way they warred with each other repeated, but ultimately created a powerful country wherein those who reside declared themselves superior to others in both morals and all sorts of nifty measures of human superiority.

Oh and then feminists came about. They then proceeded to do exactly what men did centuries ago -- oppress women and force them to live up to another set of standards.

Or at least that's how I see it. And it was good.

gokufusionss1
07-04-2005, 10:01 AM
america when it broke off consisted of 3 million people emigrants of every nature, relgious, buisness, farming and political.
2.7 English
300k Scots irish, They just didn't want to pay tax and got in a mood.

Resha
07-04-2005, 12:51 PM
British protestants who couldn't stand Catholic rule or something and went to America.

Devourment
07-04-2005, 12:56 PM
what the americans were before they defeated the british. :confused:

Chris
07-04-2005, 01:16 PM
America was created by the leftovers of the world. :rolleyes2

boris no no
07-04-2005, 01:24 PM
americans are really aliens just waiting to take over the world!!!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
when did america take over britain????
the britsih empire was bigger and better then anything the americans could EVER be! *blows raspberry* ner ner ner ner ner!

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-04-2005, 01:44 PM
America was accidentally created in a college laboratory in 1983. The professor responsible was trying to create a self-replenishing bowl of coleslaw.

Rye
07-04-2005, 02:24 PM
They came for better opportunity and freedom of religion. And Shlup put it very nicely.

theundeadhero
07-04-2005, 02:43 PM
To this day I still hate tea. Darn wacky Brittish.

Maxico
07-04-2005, 02:49 PM
And we got the tea by getting a large group of the Chinese population addicted to Opium.

God bless the British empire.

Shoeberto
07-04-2005, 05:30 PM
America was accidentally created in a college laboratory in 1983. The professor responsible was trying to create a self-replenishing bowl of coleslaw.
I always heard they were trying to succesfully mate a human and goat.

XxSephirothxX
07-04-2005, 05:38 PM
One of the most ironic parts of the entire tea issue is that at one point the British substantially lowered the price of tea to keep the Dutch East India company (I believe) out of bankruptcy, as they had a massive surplus of tea, but the colonists thought it was a trick to make them buy more tea and became more infuriated than they would have been had prices simply been raised a bit.

Shoden
07-04-2005, 05:46 PM
omfg this is all true? i always thought martians goats gypsies and hippies merged together into americans and they lived happily ever after

man the Brit empire seemed to be insane then wow now i know why us brits are madder than mad jack mc mad the winner of the worlds maddest man award

Old Manus
07-04-2005, 05:47 PM

Shoden
07-04-2005, 06:01 PM
awww tell us the rest of your story Del fascinating hypothesis i always thought Americans were alien life forms who bred with humans to try and make super humans to be an army but failed and they dumped them on an island we now call A mer.. err damn i cannot read this fuzzy writing or spell or say this name

Rase
07-04-2005, 08:38 PM
I always heard they were trying to succesfully mate a human and goat.

That, my good friend, would be the origin of Canada. Common mistake.

Doomie
07-04-2005, 08:51 PM

They don't have to love each other. :rolleyes2

Britain landed on the East Coast of what you know as the United States some four hundred years ago. They almost immediately began trading with Indians. The American Indians helping the English and those helping the French (Who were settling in Quebec, aka New France). They basically killed of the rest of the Native American tribes with alcohol and diseases that the natives haven't developped immunities for.

In 1759-1760, New England/Britain took over the colony of New France (Quite easily, actually). They seriously decreased the size of the colony. However, 25 or so years later, Britain feared a revolution, and thus created the Quebec Act which was meant to appease the Local French Canadians. A lot of territory was added, including the Ohio Valley. (I THINK) This seriously angered the Americans. Thus, the American Revolution.

This was a great strategy on America's part. They wouldn't have won any one on one battles, so they used a form of Gorilla Warfare, taking off the British piece by piece.

After the war, the Loyalists (Those still loyal to the British Crown) fled to Quebec in fear of being hanged. Britain then passed the Constitutional Act of 1791 due to the arrival of the Loyalists in Quebec (Remember, Quebec at this point is part of the British Empire). However, that is for another history lesson. :D

GrimmReaper
07-04-2005, 09:50 PM
didn't he get an emmy for that?