PDA

View Full Version : Workin', 9 to 5.

Rase
07-04-2005, 09:01 AM
Well, as some of you may have noticed, due to my recent theme change, I recently got a Subway sandwich shop. It's pretty nice, decent pay, and most importantly, five minutes from my house. This isn't because I'm lazy, it's because besides the Subway, my next job oppurtunity is about 15 miles away in town. So, I must say, I rather enjoy my job as of now, and hopefully I'll keep getting better at it.

Now, to the thread topic thing. What was your first actual job, where you were working for an employer and not doing things such as chores, and did you like your first job?

:)

Kirobaito
07-04-2005, 09:02 AM
My first job was as an umpire for coach-pitch and teeball, from March-May 2004. I didn't really enjoy it much, because I couldn't handle the criticism, but the pay was great.

Shlup
07-04-2005, 09:06 AM
I got my first job during my junior year of high school at Disneyland. I did a lot of different things on different days but I mostly was a cashier and food server in the resturants down at the intersection of Adventure Land, Frontier Land, and New Orleans Square.

Levian
07-04-2005, 12:57 PM
Man, I wished I worked 9 to 5. I work 3 to 11. >:/ as an assisant assisant manager in a store. Yes, it is a real job. :mad2: :mad2:

Rye
07-04-2005, 02:32 PM
Man, I wished I worked 9 to 5. I work 3 to 11. >:/ as an assisant assisant manager in a store. Yes, it is a real job. :mad2: :mad2:

He has to deal with the grape person. :(

Devourment
07-04-2005, 02:38 PM
I've not had a first job yet, I'll be getting my first job when I'm 18 this year. Mainly 'cause I can't be arsed at the moment.. I mean I don't need one yet. But I will definitely get one when I turn 18. Unless doing a paperound from when you're 12 'til 15 counts.. =/

theundeadhero
07-04-2005, 02:40 PM
My first job was at wal-mart when I was 16. I was a stockman. It sucked.

Rye
07-04-2005, 02:41 PM
My first job was at wal-mart when I was 16. I was a stockman. It sucked.

Best. sig. ever.

Moonlight_Icey
07-04-2005, 02:43 PM
My first job is my current job. >_> I'm a waitress in my family's restaurant. But I only work Saturdays anyway. xP However, I work there as manager so I'm stuck there for a whole day; I'm talking from 10:30am to about 9pm depending on customers.. --;

People usually ask me where the manager is because they only see girls under 20 working, and I'm like; 'I'm the manager ._.;; There a problem? o_o'

But yes, enough about me.. *coughs* >_>

RSL
07-04-2005, 03:33 PM
My very first job was as a telemarketer! I only lasted a month and I despised going to work. The pay was decent (for a high schooler) but they made me work 4 hours a night every night after school. That was just too much.

Peegee
07-04-2005, 03:55 PM
My first job was a communications cabling installer. I kid you not. It is also the job which I have the most experience in, as now I am a telecommunications installer.

The difference as far as actual measurable and visible changes is that I now can terminate cable at the closet, and theoretically (because I haven't done it in a long long long time) install/connect fiber optics cables :p

When I first started all I did was punch down voice/data cables at the drop site. 10$ an hour.

Old Manus
07-04-2005, 03:59 PM
What? Apart from President?

KentaRawr!
07-04-2005, 04:15 PM
Red Mage was my first job. Then I switched to White Mage. Then Black Mage. Then I stopped playing FFXI. o.o

Del Murder
07-04-2005, 05:23 PM
I was a clerk at Longs Drugs and I loved it.

Craig
07-04-2005, 05:30 PM
I was a shelf stacker at ASDA July to December '04.

Hawkeye
07-04-2005, 05:39 PM
First job is the one I have now, construction laborer, and I hate it

-N-
07-04-2005, 08:55 PM
I was a hardware technician for these guys (http://www.systech.com). No joke, first job. I was 15.

boris no no
07-04-2005, 09:01 PM
i've had alot of jobs :-/
first job was when i was 14 and i worked in a vets cleaning out animals and stuff and then sorting out the computer system (they were all so stooopid!)
then i was a papergirl, then a telesales lady....3 times in different places. then a waitress in a cafe and now a checkout salesale lady at Focus DIY and Gardening
xD
oh and i work for my dad selling watercolour paper now and again :)

Ravenmorghane
07-04-2005, 09:02 PM
i worked on a chicken farm for one weekend when i was 15 to get some money for xmas pressies near xmas time, that was my first ever paid job i think. i had to fill and stack huge boxes of eggs and stack them on pallets ready for deliveries to shops.

the worst thing about it was the smell and the finding dead chickens randomly in the egg barn in the morning

Shoden
07-04-2005, 09:08 PM
i did my work experience at some boarding kennels

Meat Puppet
07-04-2005, 09:39 PM
I had to clean poopoo.

Sepho
07-04-2005, 09:53 PM
McDonalds.

I was a burger flipper, but I usually volunteered to do the dishes so I could scew off with the hose and get into water fights with the guys that came back to fill mop buckets. I sprayed managers, too, who were all probably more leniant and laid back than they should have been. Good times, but I hated the uniform. I vowed I'd never work another job that required a uniform.

Winter Nights
07-04-2005, 11:08 PM
McDonalds.

I was a burger flipper, but I usually volunteered to do the dishes so I could scew off with the hose and get into water fights with the guys that came back to fill mop buckets. I sprayed managers, too, who were all probably more leniant and laid back than they should have been. Good times, but I hated the uniform. I vowed I'd never work another job that required a uniform.

Heh.. I was a manager at McDonald's for about a year. Suckiest. Job. EVER. My boss was a fucking bitch. Fired me for not coming to work one day, due to a fucking huricane last year. :mad2:

My first job was at Taco Bell, though. Hated that too, but I had some cool managers and /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif.

Levian
07-05-2005, 12:26 AM
He has to deal with the grape person. :(

Not to mention Sherlock Holmes... :(

rubah
07-05-2005, 01:45 AM
McDonalds.

Not even if the uniform was dark hunter green and it meant you got in free to the rooftops?

And you made a lot of money from killing people?

Cless
07-05-2005, 02:15 AM
Never had one, and don't plan on getting one at the minute either.

EoFFChatter
07-05-2005, 02:21 AM
I just applied at a Subway. I really need to follow up.

The Summoner of Leviathan
07-05-2005, 02:30 AM
My first job was turtoring for the district at my school, but that was only like 9 hours in total. Now I work for the Community Center at home, it gets grants for students entering post-secoondary institutions. So working 8 weeks this summer.

Jewels
07-05-2005, 10:26 AM
I hated my first job. I was a waittress for an Italian restaurant, and one of the bosses was a complete jerk. He would always be moody and was a pervert.

Now, I'm working at a kid's clothes store, and I love working there. The workmates are really nice and some of the kids that come in are just so adorable :)

o_O
07-05-2005, 11:15 AM
MY first job was installing software and network maintenance, about 6 years ago, when I was 13. It was a pretty mind-numbing, boring job.

Leeza
07-05-2005, 04:22 PM
My first job was as a busgirl/waitress at a very good restaurant. I didn't care for it very much, even though all the people there were okay.