PDA

View Full Version : Limit Break + Mime...

Peter_20
07-04-2005, 03:22 PM
This is ridiculous!
I thought this game was easy, and then suddenly I hear about this thing too!
Place eight Mime Materias, each paired with the Counter Materia, use a Limit Break,
and youīll actually be able to perform EIGHT LIMIT BREAKS IN A ROW per character!
I think this is a little too much.
I mean, if youīre using this strategy on all of your characters, then... oh, God...

Imagine Cloud going all crazy with this strategy.
Using the Omnislash, this will result in the following potential max damage,
EACH TIME HE COUNTERATTACKS:

9999*15*8 = 1199880 DMG!!!
What is this, anyway?!
I think this is all too much, I know you can just ignore it all,
but itīs still there...!
He could kill Ruby Weapon in a single counterattack performance,
for Godīs sake!

I think this is even "worse" than the infamous Knights of Round summon.
It makes the game way too easy, you donīt need to do ANYTHING whatsoever during the final battle,
except selecting the Limit Break command once!
Just use this strategy, and Sephiroth is gone after heīs attacked you once.

Ultima Shadow
07-04-2005, 04:20 PM
This is actually nothing new... and yeah, it's extremely powerful. However... it can't kill Ruby since she have far too high defense and Clouds hits with Omnislash only will do a few hundreds of dammage. It's very effective against Emerald Weapon, though.

boys from the dwarf
07-04-2005, 05:18 PM
if you look on finalfantasyworldsapart.com youll find that if you come prepared ruby is the easiest boss battle on the game(kinda overexaggurating but you know what i mean.)(hopefully.)

Levian
07-05-2005, 12:17 AM
This is actually nothing new... and yeah, it's extremely powerful. However... it can't kill Ruby since SHE have far too high defense and Clouds hits with Omnislash only will do a few hundreds of dammage. It's very effective against Emerald Weapon, though.

Please stop that. It's freaking me out. :(

boys from the dwarf
07-05-2005, 07:09 AM
same here.ruby is acreature created by theplanet so ruby is an IT not a she or he.

Rengori
07-05-2005, 07:27 AM
I thought OmniSlash hit 20 times... Oh well. :)

Peter_20
07-05-2005, 09:40 AM

Nah, to me itīs something like:

CLASH! CLASH! CLASH!
CLASH! CLASH! CLASH!
CLASH! CLASH! CLASH! CLASH!
CLASH! CLASH! CLASH!
CLASH!

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZIAOSPLOASH!!!

MoonZapdos
07-05-2005, 11:45 AM
This is actually nothing new... and yeah, it's extremely powerful. However... it can't kill Ruby since she have far too high defense and Clouds hits with Omnislash only will do a few hundreds of dammage. It's very effective against Emerald Weapon, though.

Yep. I beat Ruby Weapon with four materias: Mime+Knights of the Round+HP Absorb+Hp Up (or something like that).

Madame Adequate
07-05-2005, 04:04 PM
Ruby WEAPON is female. As is Sapphire. Emerald, Diamond, and Omega are male. *nods*

Don't ask me how I know. I just do.

ThroneofDravaris
07-05-2005, 04:20 PM
Well, if anyone can be bothered to master Mime 7 times, then they deserve to be unbeatable….

Shoden
07-05-2005, 04:29 PM
i don't think you can mime a limit break

Butz
07-05-2005, 05:02 PM
You can't mime a limit break <<< I did try..

but give mime to every one and W-Summon to one of your party members, KotR, and Ruby will be out in no time

Peter_20
07-05-2005, 05:25 PM
You can't mime a limit break <<< I did try..

but give mime to every one and W-Summon to one of your party members, KotR, and Ruby will be out in no time

Thatīs wrong, Iīm totally sure I did mime a Limit Break multiple times
a while ago, and I still remember how amazed I was.
Also, if it isnīt possible, then explain the "counter with 8 Ungarmax"
part, please. :cool:

Ultima Shadow
07-05-2005, 08:44 PM
Please stop that. It's freaking me out. :(
http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/291/hotrubysig0om.jpg

Bikini is for girls only. ;)

KuRt
07-05-2005, 09:02 PM
US proved it. Ruby is she.

-N-
07-05-2005, 11:09 PM

CLASH! CLASH! CLASH!
CLASH! CLASH! CLASH!
CLASH! CLASH! CLASH!
CLASH!

*counts* Yep, that's 15. You can use it to defeat Emerald in 3-4 minutes.

Sephitachi7
07-06-2005, 01:24 AM
Yes you can mime a limit break but only if you use the same character. You probably tried to mime cloud's limit break with tifa and of course that can't happen.

elorian
07-06-2005, 02:12 AM
Quoth Peter_18: Just use this strategy, and Sephiroth is gone after heīs attacked you once.

Actually, you don't even need do go through all that to kill him. Just one omnislash will do 'em in, or close enough to it that standard attacks by the other characters will. I also thought it was terribly easy, and I was pissed because it didn't get to the good part of one winged angel :mad2: :D

Cruise Control
07-06-2005, 02:18 AM
xD, there is no good part! Orchestra version is better.

Mercen-X
07-06-2005, 05:59 AM
*stab-stab-stab* All who complain that FF7 is too easy. What's the matter with you? Why do you want a GAME to be difficult? It's supposed to be fun. It's supposed to be an escape from the grind of work and such. Are you so terribly spoiled that a damn game is the only challenge you ever face in life? GEEZ!!!

Rengori
07-06-2005, 06:29 AM
Well, video games are supposed to be challenging. Easy games are for kiddies. Like how Pokemon is for 5 year olds, and FF is for, well everyone else.

Mercen-X
07-06-2005, 06:36 AM
PLEASE!!! FF7 is not kiddie grade easy. It's rated T for Teen, chelllloo?

Rengori
07-06-2005, 07:15 AM
I started playing FF when I was 7. I had to work hard to beat it. Took me three years (mainly because I didn't play too often. I thought it was too hard).

Mikemyers64
07-06-2005, 07:36 AM
final fantasy 7 is not an easy game... to those people talking about it being easy doing the mime limit over and over and over well im sure you have to work hard to get it that easy.

Mercen-X
07-06-2005, 08:19 AM
Unless they're using a gameshark to get unltd Master Command . . . in which case they're just a bunch of damn cheats. If you want a challenge don't buy the gameshark, you cheats.

Sefie1999AD
07-06-2005, 11:07 AM
You can mime limit breaks with the character who first performed it, but if you try it with anyone else, it won't work. And of course 8 Mimes and 8 Counters would make you very strong, but who can be bothered to master both Mime and Counter 7 times each? By that time, you're probably on level 99 already, so you'll breeze through everything anyway. It's also quite rare for Omnislash to do 9999 damage with each hit. However, if you really want to cause the highest damage ever, use Cid's Highwind limit break and pump it up by using W-Item and Hero Drink about 5-10+ times on him because I think Highwind fires its missiles at least 20-25 times or so. Omnislash hits "only" 15 times.

Ultima Shadow
07-06-2005, 12:28 PM
Why do you want a GAME to be difficult?
Because it's much funnier to play if it's difficult. Seriously... why do you want a game to be easy?

Sefie1999AD
07-06-2005, 12:31 PM
Because it's much funnier to play if it's difficult. Seriously... why do you want a game to be easy?

So that you wouldn't rip your hair out of your head and bang your head against the wall every 5 minutes since you've been stuck in the same part for two weeks even with the help of a walkthrough, and you're forced to use cheats to advance. :p

Alexander
07-06-2005, 02:58 PM

Because if it were hard, you would stress a lot. And if you play a game, you play it to DON'T stress. Unless you intentionally put limitations to yourself. Then the game is fun, even if you get lots of Game Overs. Because now you are EXPECTING them. XD

MoonZapdos
07-06-2005, 03:00 PM
Well, Ruby Weapon IS weak compared to Emerald. Face the facts...

DelightfulSpekkio442
07-06-2005, 03:02 PM
That's why I like Chrono Cross and FFIX so much. They're not ridiculously easy, but you don't need a walkthrough to beat them and you only die a couple times throughout the game - you can just enjoy making the story unfold. Nothing more annoying than having to redo an entire dungeon (you can tell I'm used to SNES9x save states).

Errrmm...oh yeah, the topic. :)

I've found that most trick methods I've tried to use against Emerald and Ruby in FFVII end up backfiring somehow. More likely it's my fault for not doing it right or something. I ALMOST beat Ruby once - but unfortunately I was playing on my laptop, which has the dreaded "Final Attack" + "Microsoft" Materia combo. Everytime I'm about to win a ridiculously hard battle, it turns itself off. :mad:

MoonZapdos
07-06-2005, 03:08 PM
well FF6 isn't easier neither.

Rengori
07-06-2005, 05:55 PM

So that you wouldn't rip your hair out of your head and bang your head against the wall every 5 minutes since you've been stuck in the same part for two weeks even with the help of a walkthrough, and you're forced to use cheats to advance. :p
Do you really hate challenges that much? Megaman games (The older ones and Zero series) are really freakin' hard but I don't complain. Hell, it took me about 30 tries to get past those /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gifing lifts in Guts Man's stage. And it took about 15 tries to get past the laser beams of death in Quick Man's stage. There are more I could point out but I'm probably losing some of you.

Shoden
07-06-2005, 08:07 PM
you want an easy game play FFIX and FFX 7 isn't easy it takes great skill to master every piece

Kappy
07-06-2005, 08:59 PM

CLASH! CLASH! CLASH!
CLASH! CLASH! CLASH!
CLASH! CLASH! CLASH!
CLASH!

Exactly, though I always thought of it as more of a WOISHAHEE!! than a CLASH!

Garnie
07-06-2005, 09:08 PM
if youve allready maxed your charrictors out to lv 99 then killing the wepons and sephiroth is way easy anyway. its easy when you know how :;):

Kappy
07-06-2005, 09:24 PM
if youve allready maxed your charrictors out to lv 99 then killing the wepons and sephiroth is way easy anyway. its easy when you know how :;):

Not necessarily. Safer Sephiroth's stats increase as Cloud's level go over certain point. He's much stronger at Level 99.

Sefie1999AD
07-07-2005, 03:33 PM

Not necessarily. Safer Sephiroth's stats increase as Cloud's level go over certain point. He's much stronger at Level 99.

I once leveled up Cloud to 99 and fought him, and he's not really harder. He does the same amount of damage, and he just has more HP. One Knights of the Round couldn't destroy him, but two KotR's did (I used W-Summon). When Cloud was still on level 94 or so, one Omnislash or KotR instantly killed him, or three 4x Cuts.

Rengori: Please calm down. You don't have to get upset and cuss about what I said, seeing as my post was so over the top that I was clearly joking. You're free to like challenges, but you don't have to bash others who don't share your gaming style. :)

Rengori
07-07-2005, 06:18 PM
I originally censored it but it must not thought it was enough. I just really really hate those lifts in Guts Man's stage.

* White Aeris *
07-07-2005, 06:34 PM
This is ridiculous!
I thought this game was easy, and then suddenly I hear about this thing too!
Place eight Mime Materias, each paired with the Counter Materia, use a Limit Break,
and youīll actually be able to perform EIGHT LIMIT BREAKS IN A ROW per character!
I think this is a little too much.
I mean, if youīre using this strategy on all of your characters, then... oh, God...

Imagine Cloud going all crazy with this strategy.
Using the Omnislash, this will result in the following potential max damage,
EACH TIME HE COUNTERATTACKS:

9999*15*8 = 1199880 DMG!!!
What is this, anyway?!
I think this is all too much, I know you can just ignore it all,
but itīs still there...!
He could kill Ruby Weapon in a single counterattack performance,
for Godīs sake!

WOW!!! thats good!!!

Mercen-X
07-07-2005, 07:12 PM
Do you really hate challenges that much? Megaman games (The older ones and Zero series) are really freakin' hard but I don't complain. Hell, it took me about 30 tries to get past those /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gifing lifts in Guts Man's stage. And it took about 15 tries to get past the laser beams of death in Quick Man's stage. There are more I could point out but I'm probably losing some of you.
I own Megaman 4. It's the second Megaman I've ever played and the only one I've ever owned. Back when my Nintendo was still in one piece (my dad smashed the piece of crap because I hadn't done my homework), I once played for 12 hours just to get to Wily's stages. I don't remember if it was the Giant Stomper or that creepy Puzzle that did me in. All I know is that for all the work I put in to getting there, I could never progress any farther.

Damn, I'm glad lives are practically done away. Life limits are lame. Life limits were a way to make people feel like they could accomplish something in a record-style. It was a way to hook the fanbase. No one did anything important, they just wasted their time trying to set records for these damn games. I still say that if you're turning to a game for challenge, then you are lazy and spoiled.

Rengori
07-07-2005, 07:29 PM
First off, I wasn't trying to set a record. I was trying to get through so I could beat the game. More than often I play video games at night, after I do my school stuff. I do lots of stuff other than play games or watch TV in the day.

Mercen-X
07-07-2005, 09:25 PM
Have you ever played that World Hazard game or whatever the hell it's called. It was a game for the Nintendo 64. The most furstratingly annoying and difficult game I've ever had the misfortune of playing. If you want challenge, find this by whatever name it really is and see how you like it.

Rengori
07-07-2005, 11:51 PM
I gave my N64 to friend for his a birthday a few years ago. If I had it, I would still give it a shot.

Sephitachi7
07-08-2005, 05:18 AM
Mercen-X, I don't really agreewith what you said about turning to a game for a challenge. Yes, there are more things in life to challenge you, but if games were easy to beat then they would get boring and they wouldn't be fun. A good game is one that is not impossible to pass, but is challenging enough for the player to not be bored after 10 mins.

boys from the dwarf
07-09-2005, 12:31 PM
all weopons are its not hes or shes its obvious that they are its them being hes or shes isnt explained in the game and its easy to tell that they are created by the planet therefore are ITs.if you say rubys a she you may as well say that the planet is a he or she but they are all planet monsters so are smurfin its.

yuffielover
07-11-2005, 08:45 PM
Did you know that you can do the same thing with Yuffie's Doom Of The Living if Yuffie has a 255 Strength and Luck? Also, you can do it to Sephiroth, unless all 8 of your characters are at level 99. Then, he's even tougher than Ruby Weapon, with some of his attacks being instant death attacks, since he has nearly 1500000 HP with all 8 characters at level 99.

Wizdom
07-13-2005, 10:43 AM
beating emerald weapon in 78 seconds!! (http://n.ethz.ch/student/wmartin/videos/FFVII%20(JP)%20Beating%20Emerald%20Weapon%20(in%201.18%20min).rmvb)

Equipment :Missing Score + Wizard Armlet
Materias :Counter Attack - Mime everywhere

liamo
07-13-2005, 01:15 PM
you had to say that the planet is not a woman didn't you?! now this thing could turn into a battle of the sexes

Rengori
07-13-2005, 05:39 PM
beating emerald weapon in 78 seconds!! (http://n.ethz.ch/student/wmartin/videos/FFVII%20(JP)%20Beating%20Emerald%20Weapon%20(in%201.18%20min).rmvb)

Equipment :Missing Score + Wizard Armlet
Materias :Counter Attack - Mime everywhere
So that's what the limit break/counter attack/mime combo looks like.

Wizdom
07-13-2005, 06:53 PM
yes it is!