PDA

View Full Version : Most important aspect of FF

Zante
07-04-2005, 03:49 PM
I was wondering what everyone thinks is the most important part of a good FF. For me its definitely the story and good characters.

ThroneofDravaris
07-04-2005, 04:23 PM
Not sure how to interpret this question, so I interpreted it as “what is the most important part of an FF game that makes it an FF game”. In which, the reoccurring themes is the correct answer.

Alexander
07-04-2005, 04:49 PM
Story and Characters. I don't care if even Cid and chocobos are taken out if the story is a masterpiece.

DJZen
07-04-2005, 07:15 PM
To me it's the gameplay first, even though I'm clearly the only one who thinks that (so far). The battle/interaction system has ALWAYS defined what Final Fantasy is.

After that I'd say the traditions play a very important role. It just wouldn't be FF without Firaga and Monks. The black and white mage costumes are classics and instantly recognizable by all FF fans. Moogles and Chocobos are staples of the series now as well. If they release a game that doesn't include one, it'll definitely include the other.

KoShiatar
07-04-2005, 08:44 PM
Chars+story all the way.

XxSephirothxX
07-04-2005, 11:02 PM
The story, really. I can't understand playing an RPG for the gameplay, because generally it's either very repetitive or bland. Or just boring. If a Final Fantasy game doesn't have chocobos or Cid or moogles, or even the turn-based gameplay, does that make it "Not Final Fantasy?" Of course not. It's a title, nothing more, nothing less. The quality of the product is what counts, really, and I don't think you can have a quality RPG without a good story or characters.

Levian
07-05-2005, 01:30 AM
Somebody needs to die. I buy FF games for bloody action.

rubah
07-05-2005, 05:35 AM
I'm surprised no one has voiced the 'omg these games have better stories~' thing yet.

It's definitely not story for me. Gameplay would seem more like it, because you can typically plan on sitting for as long as you want just levelling every little bit without advancing story at all. and sometimes that would be rewarding in itself.

'Yeah, I finally got everyone to 255 stats apiece!'

why else would someone do teh monster arena quest in ffx after beating the final boss? Yet many people do.

Azure Chrysanthemum
07-05-2005, 10:04 AM
Storyline is most important to me in pretty much every game I play, followed closely by gameplay. Graphics and such are nice, but they don't mean a thing if a game lacks those two key elements.

nik0tine
07-05-2005, 10:08 AM
It's all about the story.

Lilian
07-05-2005, 11:39 AM
The primary thing I play any RPG for is the story and the characters. But with Final Fantasy, it's really the recurring themes that make the series what it is. There's plenty of games that have a storyline/gameplay/graphics/music just as good as the FF games, if not better--but only Final Fantasy has chocobos, Moogles, Cid, and all the other staples FF fans have come to expect.

MoonZapdos
07-05-2005, 12:08 PM
:choc: KWEH! Viva los chocobos! KWEH! :choc:

Chris
07-05-2005, 02:13 PM
I'd say all of 'em, although a few misses can always be forgiven.

DJZen
07-08-2005, 07:07 PM
The story, really. I can't understand playing an RPG for the gameplay, because generally it's either very repetitive or bland. Or just boring. If a Final Fantasy game doesn't have chocobos or Cid or moogles, or even the turn-based gameplay, does that make it "Not Final Fantasy?" Of course not. It's a title, nothing more, nothing less. The quality of the product is what counts, really, and I don't think you can have a quality RPG without a good story or characters.

Sure you can, it's called Dragon Warrior. Despite what rumors abound it's actually pretty fun.

Reles
07-08-2005, 11:32 PM
Story and Characters and Battle System. Though I'd get mad if Cid and chocobos weren't there.

Ravenmorghane
07-09-2005, 12:15 AM
all of them really, the best FFs are all rounders that cater for all. i'd say ff7 probly does that.
a decent storyline is a good startin point tho

J.D
07-09-2005, 03:33 AM
Biggs And Wedge
Nuff Said

Winter Nights
07-09-2005, 03:45 AM
Story and even more so characters. I have to be able to relate to the characters.

Kakashi509
07-09-2005, 03:50 AM
the fact my least favorite character from that game will pretty much die :D

Crossblades
07-09-2005, 03:51 AM
Story and Characters. Plus retaining the FF elements likes Chocobos, Summons, Moogles, etc.

Del Murder
07-10-2005, 03:45 AM
I will play a game with a bad story and a good battle/levelling system, but I don't think I would the other way around. Those are the two most important things. FF has always had great gameplay and that is what I like most about the games.