PDA

View Full Version : Kefka

Yoruhoshi
07-04-2005, 06:11 PM
Now we all know that Kefka's a raging mainiac. So I have a couple of questions. 1: As Kefka is a mainiac, does anyone have any logical (or humorous) theories as to how he got to be that way? 2) If he has any fans (other that myself for I find him hilarious) will you tell us why you like Kefka? and 3) Am I the only one that thinks if you put Kefka and Sephiroth together in the same room and leave them there for a set period of time, its a call for disaster??

boys from the dwarf
07-04-2005, 06:56 PM
1.power hunger and mental dissabilitys.
2.i like him and his hilarity but he is a bit of a dickhead.
3.if that did happen.the world is doomed!

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-04-2005, 09:05 PM
It's stated in the game that Kefka's mind snapped when Cid artificially infused him with magical abilities.

KoShiatar
07-04-2005, 09:16 PM
Yes. He probably couldn't stand the power granted to him by the Espers and, like someone says, "something in his mind snapped". Notice that this does not happen all the time, since Celes apparently received the same kind of treatment and is perfectly sane.

Sasquatch
07-05-2005, 05:03 AM
Kefka was the first Magitek Knight, and they didn't have the system down yet--by the time they got to Celes, they had it refined enough to not drive the subject crazy.

As for why we like Kefka (as a villian), there's another thread about that--but, basically, he's the best villian the Final Fantasy series has yet come up with.

Either Sephiroth would get pissy like the little bitch he is and kill Kefka while he's not expecting anything, or Kefka would drive him mad with his laugh and they'd become partners.

boys from the dwarf
07-05-2005, 07:12 AM
if kefka and sephiroth joined forces the world would be taken over by cult of kefka and sephiroth and hos crazy little partners.

MoonZapdos
07-05-2005, 11:48 PM
Now we all know that Kefka's a raging mainiac. So I have a couple of questions. 1: As Kefka is a mainiac, does anyone have any logical (or humorous) theories as to how he got to be that way? 2) If he has any fans (other that myself for I find him hilarious) will you tell us why you like Kefka? and 3) Am I the only one that thinks if you put Kefka and Sephiroth together in the same room and leave them there for a set period of time, its a call for disaster??

1) Drugs
2) He's a freak
3) I hope Sephiroth doesn't make mince meat out of him in that room

Tama2
07-06-2005, 06:21 AM
1) That magic deal.
2) He is the best villian in the FF series. Funny, crazy, and a laugh that you gotta love.
3) Only one man would come out. Kefka....

boys from the dwarf
07-06-2005, 07:17 AM
3.)only one man would come out.sephiroth...(or they team up and destroy the world.)
id say kefka and sephiroth are possibly the most powerful villains in all FFs but think sephiroth has the advantage.

TheAbominatrix
07-06-2005, 07:24 AM
Sephiroth with Jenova, maybe. As it is, Sephiroth was beaten by a grunt soldier with little training. Pretty pathetic if you ask me

Heath
07-06-2005, 10:25 AM
Sephiroth with Jenova, maybe. As it is, Sephiroth was beaten by a grunt soldier with little training. Pretty pathetic if you ask me

Hooray for understanding FFVII <3

And yeah, it is stated in-game (by a soldier in a cafe in Vector, I think) that Kefka snapped due to the MagiTek procedure not being fully refined yet.

I like Kefka because he's amusing and is portrayed as genuinely insanely evil. I mean, he poisons the population of Doma, starts fires at Figaro Castle and eventually backstabs his own emperor.

Edit: The 'hooray' statement wasn't sarcasm, just in case it came across like that.

Christmas
07-06-2005, 11:18 AM
(1) He is injected with JENOVA's cells
(2) Cause he has nice wings growing on his back
(3) He will join Sephiroth to discuss about their Mama.

TheAbominatrix
07-06-2005, 11:19 AM

Hooray for understanding FFVII <3

And yeah, it is stated in-game (by a soldier in a cafe in Vector, I think) that Kefka snapped due to the MagiTek procedure not being fully refined yet.

I like Kefka because he's amusing and is portrayed as genuinely insanely evil. I mean, he poisons the population of Doma, starts fires at Figaro Castle and eventually backstabs his own emperor.

Edit: The 'hooray' statement wasn't sarcasm, just in case it came across like that.

<3

BG-57
07-06-2005, 04:08 PM
As it is, Sephiroth was beaten by a grunt soldier with little training. Pretty pathetic if you ask me

Sort of like if Darth Vader had been taken out by a Stormtrooper. :greenie:

boys from the dwarf
07-06-2005, 06:36 PM
yeah but i wouldnt quite consider cloud to be a grunt and the original sephiroth may not of been the best fighter ever (although one of them.)but the reincarnation is insanely powerful.(and also sephiroth had to be powerful in the first place to make his soul live on then revive himself and get all those new powers.)

The Man
07-06-2005, 07:41 PM
Kefka has personality and some of the best lines in any FF game ever made. The only FF villain who comes close to being as good as Kefka, in my estimation, is Kuja.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-06-2005, 07:49 PM
Everyone knows Goldor is the best Final Fantasy villain ever, and Square was obviously trying to create a character that would live up to Goldor's magnificence with Kefka. It was a pretty good try.

TheAbominatrix
07-06-2005, 11:20 PM
yeah but i wouldnt quite consider cloud to be a grunt and the original sephiroth may not of been the best fighter ever (although one of them.)but the reincarnation is insanely powerful.(and also sephiroth had to be powerful in the first place to make his soul live on then revive himself and get all those new powers.)

He was just a grunt. He couldnt even make the cut for SOLDIER. And the reincarnation, as I said before, is due to JENOVA.

Tama2
07-06-2005, 11:41 PM
So in the end Kefka rocks.

Sasquatch
07-07-2005, 12:40 AM
Yes. Sephiroth sucks, nobody cares. Kefka is awesome. Back on topic. :D ;)

Yoruhoshi
07-07-2005, 01:20 AM
Yes. Sephiroth sucks, nobody cares. Kefka is awesome. Back on topic. :D ;)
Hey!! I know a few people that are Sephiroth junkies and will take true offense to that. But I love Kefka. When I get the chance I will post a chibi pic I drew of him in the Arts thread.

mythus
07-07-2005, 04:33 AM
1.) He snapped due to the magitak infusions.

2.) I am a divine worshipper of the almighty Kefka. I have a tread debating his greatness here on this site. It can be reached at http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55999

But just incase you don't feel like looking, I'll copy and paste my love for Kefka here! Prepare for a long post!

He is in all my favorite FF character and FF villian. Being the most successfull of all villians and one who you knew was evil without question.

Kefka was the nicest of all the evil clown fiends. Now if Ronald McDonnld tried to take over the world and kill multiple people we'd be in trouble... wait, he's already doing that.

Kefka, you are my god. No villian compares to Kefka!

Mwahahahahahahaha!

Kefka was the first true human villian in the FF series. The only other human villian before him was the Emperor of Palmaceia (FF2j). X-Death doesn't count because he turned into some tree thing.

Kefka was the first villain in the FF series that turned on his superior. Kefka so foar has been the only FF vilian to accomplish his goal. And Kefka's reason were clearly laid out....

"I am going to create a monument to nonexistence."
"What fun is it if no prescious lives were lost?"

Kefka was an experiment gone wrong. An experiment of infusing Magitek power into a person. After that something snaped in him and he went mad. He was not some badarse carrying around a long sword wanting to return the world to the ancients. He was not some crazy person looking to live on forever, he was not some self-righteous person seeking to save the world by becoming something worse. No, he just wanted to be god and destroy everything, which he did. He actually won.

He is the only FF villain to accutally cause the heros to become depressed and lose faith...

~Celes attempting sucide~
"I just don't have the will to fight anymore.."
~Strago becoming a worshipper of Kefka."

He definetly is not in the same mold as the other FF villains.

3.) Kefka would end up killing Sephiroth in some backstabbing way...

boys from the dwarf
07-07-2005, 04:14 PM
but what about ultros.hes an amazing villain.and when i found him in the colluseumworld of ruin i laughed me head of. :eek: :eek: :eek: :confused: :whoa: :erm: :sweat: :laughing: :bgl: :laughing: :hahaha: :freak: :lol: :lol: .everyone must :bow: to ultros.

Sasquatch
07-07-2005, 04:23 PM
Is it just me, or was FFVII's "Jenova infusion" a big rip-off of FFVI's Magitek infusion?

Psycho Sheep
07-07-2005, 07:29 PM
Okay, anybody who's beaten both FF7 and FF6: Who gave you the harder time -Sephiroth or Kefka? After doing all the sidequests, (except weapon, of course-never did beat them...) Sephiroth is a PANSY. His big starategy is to hit you with one target attacks right after supernova. But since supernova can't kill you outright, it almost guarentees a limit break (assuming that you were at ok health.) which means bye bye sephy... While Kefka wasn't that much harder, he did have that humongous tower before him, and it was a real pain with status ailments (I had to reset 3 times cause of zombification...) Clearly, Kefka>Sephy

The Man
07-07-2005, 10:04 PM
Is it just me, or was FFVII's "Jenova infusion" a big rip-off of FFVI's Magitek infusion?
No, it was a big rip-off.

Hexarar
07-08-2005, 09:58 AM
So. Sephy before JENOVA watchamacallit... sucked.
Kefka, before obtaining the power of the goddesses... sucked.
Sephy, after rebirth/raising from dead/Jenova thingie/whatever, was... incredibly powerful.
Kefka, after obtaining the power of the goddesses, was... incredibly powerful.
Do I see similarity?
Go figure.

GooeyToast
07-08-2005, 10:04 AM
Nope. Don't see any.

Sasquatch
07-08-2005, 05:29 PM
Actually, Kefka didn't suck before he absorbed all that power. Remember Thamasa?

Dignified Pauper
07-08-2005, 05:45 PM
Yea, Kefka always had a little bit of juice in him. Not to mention his clown get-up it totally seksi.

GooeyToast
07-08-2005, 08:25 PM
Evil clowns are always a good thing.

Kefka is a great villian, i must say.

KoShiatar
07-08-2005, 09:02 PM
At least Kefka was himself every time you saw him and not some shape-shifting entity, and all he did came from his own mind.

GooeyToast
07-08-2005, 11:49 PM
Ditto.

~Keep it gooey~

boys from the dwarf
07-09-2005, 12:41 PM
i know why sephiroth was able to be beaten by cloud(grunt soldier.)because cloud is his clonebut still the original sphiroth was weak but the reincarnation is very powerful and id say is kefkas equal.they are both very even and their final forms are similar and some say that kefka inspired the making of sephiroth.

TheAbominatrix
07-09-2005, 12:45 PM
Cloud is not his clone, and the 'cloning' experiments (which do NOT make clones in the typical sense of the word) didnt begin until after the incident at the reactor.

And the 'reincarnation' is powerful, yes, thanks to JENOVA.

Kakashi509
07-09-2005, 02:33 PM
well see It's a 50-50 chance so either one of them could win {because everyone knows sephiroth is a complete loner he wouldn't become his partner} though I still think sephiroth would come out on top

Saiyan Knight
07-09-2005, 02:47 PM
Kefka was the first Magitek Knight, and they didn't have the system down yet--by the time they got to Celes, they had it refined enough to not drive the subject crazy.

As for why we like Kefka (as a villian), there's another thread about that--but, basically, he's the best villian the Final Fantasy series has yet come up with.

Either Sephiroth would get pissy like the little bitch he is and kill Kefka while he's not expecting anything, or Kefka would drive him mad with his laugh and they'd become partners.

Damn right.Kefka is the man.

Azure Chrysanthemum
07-09-2005, 04:15 PM
Remember, Kefka actually had a lot of powerful magical spells. Sephiroth's attacks were pitifully limited, and if you want to bring up Super Nova, Fallen One is a hell of a lot better than Super Nova and it doesn't take 5 hours to watch either. Kefka's got a much better chance of winning.

Saiyan Knight
07-09-2005, 04:18 PM
Plus Kefka destroyed much of the world and is guilty of genocide.He is way cooler then Sephiroth.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-10-2005, 07:46 AM
It doesn't count as genocide if he didn't go after a particular race or ethnicity or whatever. He killed prettymuch indiscriminately.
Fallen One is a hell of a lot better than Super Nova and it doesn't take 5 hours to watch either. Kefka's got a much better chance of winning.Both Kefka and Sephiroth have Fallen One/Heartless Angel.

bipper
07-12-2005, 04:33 PM
1 Kefka actually snapped with the infusion - that has been established. But if they perfected the system why is celes so messed up :confused:
To me Kefka seems more sane than Celes. Bu being chained to a wall and horsewhipped might break my spirits too ;)

Seriously, Kefka's snapping via Imbueing may of been a form of demoninc posession knowing the religious roots of FF VI.

2 Kefka is insane and he has the ultimate power to move the statues :rolleyes2 What is there not to like! (3 statues - the trinity?)

3 I think that Kefka would think that Sephirath would need a hair cut -- and i see the word hate beins screamed at least 5 thousand times...

Bipper Goes!

TheAbominatrix
07-12-2005, 04:37 PM
How is Celes messed up? She's going through emotional things, she isnt psychotic.

bipper
07-12-2005, 04:45 PM
I think Celes' problem is legitamate. She is emotional for sure, but just what is insane.

Some one scared to face thier problems, to confront themselves ends up just as insane as the mad raving lunatic with a lust for espers.

We are all insane, kefka is the sane one ;) Thus the title of my post :mad:

Locke is insaine in his over protective anal ways, as is sabin. Giveing up the throne - thats insane.

And Mog.. and gogo....nuts!

TheAbominatrix
07-12-2005, 04:48 PM
Well... I think your view of insane is rather different from mine :)

I think those all are troubles, not insanity. But, whatever word you use, go for it.

Yoruhoshi
07-26-2005, 05:19 AM
I say anyone who is crazy enough, join me and we shall start a Kefka-worshipping cult and take over the world!! Bwahahahahahahah*cough*ha.

Tama2
07-26-2005, 05:45 AM
Kefka is #1!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yoruhoshi
07-26-2005, 05:25 PM
Yes he is!! Hahahaa!! *pats Sephiroth's shoulder* sorry pal, but you're at least second in my book.

Saiyan Knight
07-26-2005, 07:06 PM
I'll say it again, Sephiroth is a peon compared to Kefka.Kefka is the man.