PDA

View Full Version : There's still something I don't get... (SPOILERS YOU STAY OUT OF THIS TOPIC OKAY)

Dr. Casey
07-05-2005, 07:46 AM
The game says that Cloud was the only one during Hojo's experiments to show a response to the JENOVA cell injections. So, um, what WAS the response? Couldn't have anything to do with the semi-catatonic state he was in, since the people in black were messed up as well... the only thing I can think of that separates Cloud from everyone else is his ability to be controlled, but the files talking about Cloud being the only success were written way before that had ever happened. Meh...

Masamune·1600
07-05-2005, 02:31 PM
The CLONES (people in black) were the survivors of the Nibelheim disaster, and were experimented upon by Hojo. They clearly were affected by the JENOVA therapy they were given. When you suggest that Cloud was the only individual to suffer a 'reaction' to JENOVA cell injection, I assume you're referring to the second Escape Report in the basement of the Shinra Mansion.

Escape report no. 2
Description at the time of capture.
A - Former member of SOLDIER/Number ( )
No effect could be detected from either Mako Radiation Therapy or Jenova on him
B - Regular/Number ( )
Reaction to Jenova detected.

However, this clearly refers only to Cloud and Zack. Zack, then, a member of SOLDIER who had previously handled JENOVA injection, was unaffected by the treatment. Cloud, however, did suffer from the aforementioned adverse reaction to the JENOVA cells. The CLONES clearly responded to the treatment, following "Sephiroth" around and heading north to the Jenova Reunion. Even SOLDIER members could be somewhat affected; recall the former SOLDIER turned shopkeeper in Junon who expresses an inexplicable desire to wear black.

Rengori
07-05-2005, 06:36 PM
I was about to ask the same question. Thanks for clearing that up.

Dr. Casey
07-06-2005, 01:54 AM
I was about to ask the same question.

Kickass. XD

I vaguely remember Hojo saying that it was ironic that he considered Cloud a "failure", when he was the only success... might be misremembering, I dunno.

Squall of SeeD
07-06-2005, 11:40 AM
I was about to ask the same question.

Kickass. XD

I vaguely remember Hojo saying that it was ironic that he considered Cloud a "failure", when he was the only success... might be misremembering, I dunno.

He does say that, but Cloud is also the only one that Hojo saw at the Reunion, as all the others were killed before he saw them.