PDA

View Full Version : Toma's Pop

Gizmo
07-05-2005, 07:22 PM
Of course, I'm talking about the CT.
Well, I've a problem to find him in Chorra's café.
I've made all the sidequests, except of this one: Toma doesn't appear in Chorra's Café in the era 600, so I can't continue without the item.
Could anybody help me to find out the problem ?
Thanks,

Gizmo

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
07-06-2005, 07:10 AM
Did you already get the rainbow shell? If you did he won't be there anymore.

Gizmo
07-06-2005, 05:20 PM
No, that's what I want to do. Really, it's very strange.
An old man appears in his place on the Cafe and tells me "Toma's off to find the Rainbow Shell".
I read in some walkthroughs this, though my part doesn't appear. Damn it !!
I tried everything and really I don't know why, he doesn't appear.
But thanks for the answer.

Azure Chrysanthemum
07-06-2005, 05:51 PM
Try beating some of the other quests in 600, that may make him appear.

Gizmo
07-07-2005, 01:12 AM
I made all quests (except the Black Omen), sidequests and it doesn't work. I tried going to all eras and talking to every character, though it doesn't work.
Really, it's very dissapointing to have the game half-completed.

ChocoboRider
07-07-2005, 06:18 AM
try everything, man. try going to 1000 ad and visiting his tomb once. try looking for toma in another bar somewhere else in 600 ad. try everything.

Gizmo
07-09-2005, 12:44 PM
I found out the problem, though I cannot change it. It all depends in what you do with Magus. I let him live, so he joined, and that's the reason why Toma doesn't appear later on. I don't know why is important the destiny of Magus in this quest.

TheAbominatrix
07-09-2005, 12:46 PM
That's not the problem. I just completed the game recently, and I let Magus live. Toma still appeared, as usual.

Gizmo
07-10-2005, 09:07 PM
Are you sure ?
I mean, when I let Magus live, I started doing the "Sun Stone" quest, so maybe the problem is, the order in which you make the sidequests.
Also, finding Toma is irrelevant for the quest... I mean, I found the island where the Rust Tyrano is, without the sequence of Toma's grave (Toma's Pop).

Lazy Fishstick
07-17-2005, 07:58 AM
Yes, you can go into Giant's Claw without talking to Toma. He just tells you where it is incase you don't already know. Just go to the mountain up-left of Choras and try to enter it to continue

TheAbominatrix
07-17-2005, 08:02 AM
Are you sure ?

Yes, I am one-hundred percent sure, as I had Magus in my party when I met up with Toma's ghost, not to mention that there's no logical reason why Magus would have any bearing on his appearance.

Sefie1999AD
07-17-2005, 11:41 AM
I also let Magus survive every time, and I've still been able to do Toma's side-quest. Have you been in Giant's Claw already and got the Rainbow Shell? The only purpose for Toma's pop is to find the location of the Giant's Claw, but you can find the place yourself too. I also suggest you do the Sun Stone quest before Rainbow Shell quest, so when you meet Melchior after defeating Yakra XIII, he'll also give you the Rainbow Sword and PrismSpecs right away.