PDA

View Full Version : Space Station Silicon Valley

Rye
07-06-2005, 12:58 AM
Oh please, let there be someone else who's played this game. I don't know anyone else who's played it.

http://www.gamestop.com/common/images/lbox/918148b.jpg

It's for N64, like most of my favourite childhood games are (Pokemon Snap 4 lief) and though it is a bit of a cheap production game, as there is a fault in one of the levels were you can't get the trophey thing, this game is awesome.

"It was towards the end of the year 3000 that the Space Station Silicon Valley wandered back into the solar system. The Silicon Valley project had been mankind's first attempt to produce intelligent, self-replicating, evolving machines. Too dangerous to be conducted on Earth, huge orbiting Space Stations were created to house the fabulously expensive new technology needed to grow your own robots. The flagship was named "Silicon Valley". It was built in 2001 and, seven minutes after being launched, it vanished..... And now it has just returned!"

Basically, you're this robot called Evo, and you're with this weird guy, and you're trying to get somewhere (I don't remember a lot of the beginning, it's been a while since I've played) but you're fighting with the weird guy, and you crash into Space Station Silicon Valley. Your chip thing is ejected from your robot body, and you have to get into the robotic sheep or dog or something your ship crashed into before you die, as you can't stay in your little chip form for long.

Space Station Silicon Valley is a game full of angry dangerous robotic animals in 4 different type of environments: Ice, Desert, Jungle, and Country-ish. The animals are awesome, because they're like the animals we all know, but with weapons or wheels. Like, for instance, one of the first animals you control is a tiny mouse that has wheels for legs and can go really fast, and it attacks with its tail, as it can turn into a sharp pin thing. There are sheep with spring-ish drills attached to the bottom, Walruses with rocket launchers and skis, Penguins that lob snowballs and have parachutes, etc.

This has to be one of the best games I've ever played, as I adore games with different types of creatures, like Pokemon. It's funny to me, and it has 30 levels, so you won't finish it in a day or anything. :) So, please, someone who has played this, do you like it?

If you've never played it, it's like, 5 dollars used, so please go to Funco Land or any old used video game store and buy it? xD You'll really enjoy it.

omnitarian
07-06-2005, 01:06 AM
'Tis a great game. It has a really big cult following, from what I've seen.

Rye
07-06-2005, 01:07 AM
'Tis a great game. It has a really big cult following, from what I've seen.

I think I've missed this cult, as everywhere I asked previously, no one ever heard or played the game. Glad you like it though. :)

Markus. D
07-06-2005, 02:12 AM
OOOOOOOH, this game is awesome, i ddnt beat the last stage though.

Cless
07-06-2005, 02:45 AM
I remember lending this game off someone for a week when I was ten. Can't really remember too much about it though, I'm afraid. From what I can recall though, it was very colourful!

XxSephirothxX
07-06-2005, 03:50 AM
I've never played it, though I didn't get an N64 until quite a bit after it was released, and that looks like an early title. Sounds really fun. :)

Rye
07-06-2005, 01:22 PM
The last stage was a pain in the neck to beat. Just imagine all the worst animals you've had to face plus a few new really difficult ones all appearing, and you have to kill them all. You get to be in Evo's full robot body, but still, it's REALLY hard.

Polnareff
07-07-2005, 08:58 AM
no one ever heard or played the game

Well, the game is pretty rare to come by. So that may be why many haven't played it.

As for me, I've played this game at a friend's house, and I was surprised as to the depth of the entire game. I mean, you, as the chip, can take over pretty much any animal in the expansive levels. And the animals' powers were cool and mostly unexpected (except for the whole penguin/snowball dealy, anyway >_>)

and that looks like an early title.

Yeah, the game came out in 1997 (I should know because my friend got it a couple days after it came out). It was pretty good and had some good gameplay for its time.

Rye
07-10-2005, 05:43 PM
no one ever heard or played the game

Well, the game is pretty rare to come by. So that may be why many haven't played it.

As for me, I've played this game at a friend's house, and I was surprised as to the depth of the entire game. I mean, you, as the chip, can take over pretty much any animal in the expansive levels. And the animals' powers were cool and mostly unexpected (except for the whole penguin/snowball dealy, anyway >_>)

and that looks like an early title.

Yeah, the game came out in 1997 (I should know because my friend got it a couple days after it came out). It was pretty good and had some good gameplay for its time.

I loved throwing Snowballs. :D The Hyenna's power was unexpected.

Lindy
07-10-2005, 05:45 PM
One of the best games ever.

Best puzzle games ever.

Racing Rocket Walri <3

Rye
07-10-2005, 11:03 PM
One of the best games ever.

Best puzzle games ever.

Racing Rocket Walri <3

I'm glad someone else thinks that it's one of the best games ever too. It never gets old for me, and I've played it many times. :)

The Walri rocked, and the Helicopter Rabbit was cool too. That level that they both were in, the ones with the heads, is one of my favourites.

Lindy
07-10-2005, 11:28 PM
The final level was pretty cool though, when you FINALLY get all yer body parts back together and now BAMF LASER EYED ROBOT POWER BOOM!