PDA

View Full Version : Eyes on FFPS3

Tidus5
07-06-2005, 03:11 AM
I know this is still a little way off into the future, but does anyone have any rumors or info on the newest FF coming to PS3? There are rumors that FFXII is actually going to be released with the PS3 but I dont know how much truth is in these statements.

POST ANY INFO ON THE NEW GAME- FFPS3 - HERE!!

TheAbominatrix
07-06-2005, 03:12 AM
FFXII is going to be for the PS2. FFXIII is going to be for the PS3. The only info I've heard on it is that they're working on it.

Tidus5
07-06-2005, 03:23 AM
i know that xii is coming out for ps2, i was only saying that some people have been coming up with crazy rumors as to why it has been delayed for so long. As for FFPS3, all ive heard so far is that its going to be made.....sigh..... i want details!

crashNUMBERS
07-09-2005, 09:13 PM
I never seen any pics, info, or any crap about FFXIII. Squares been really secretive lately with KH2 and such...

Wishwash
07-09-2005, 09:48 PM
I hope its on Xbox 360 because lets face PS3 sucks like the PS2 did.

TheAbominatrix
07-09-2005, 09:54 PM
You say that as if you've played it. Get over the fanboy nonsense, please.

And, as has been said a hundred times or more, the FF series will continue on Playstation.

crashNUMBERS
07-09-2005, 10:03 PM
I hope its on Xbox 360 because lets face PS3 sucks like the PS2 did.
Yeah and pigs will fly...

Doomie
07-09-2005, 10:31 PM
Get over the fanboy nonsense, please.

<3

Crossblades
07-10-2005, 12:55 AM
You say that as if you've played it. Get over the fanboy nonsense, please.

I used to have a PS2 and I sold it because I thought it sucked

TheAbominatrix
07-10-2005, 01:04 AM
That's fine. You've had a PS2. However, no one can be like "OH, the PS3 sucks" because no one has had/played a PS3. I think Xbox is a steaming pile of dog/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif, but I've played it. I'd have no right to judge the 360. And, not to mention, the system qualities and our opinions on them have nothing to do with this topic.

crashNUMBERS
07-10-2005, 01:17 AM
Kinda like what I said in my "Minor FF fans" thread...

-N-
07-10-2005, 04:50 AM
It doubles as a toilet-paper dispenser.

Wishwash
07-10-2005, 04:01 PM
Wat the hell r u on about, im not bloody fan boy, it looks to me like your the fan boys. And hey everyone is aloud there own opinions on things. But then you get idiots like u who thinks that if someone has a different opinion on something then it aload of crap. *snip*

Destai
07-10-2005, 05:56 PM
Wat the hell r u on about, im not bloody fan boy, it looks to me like your the fan boys. And hey everyone is aloud there own opinions on things. But then you get idiots like u who thinks that if someone has a different opinion on something then it aload of crap. Go sort your life out u losers.What are you, retarded? You said the PS3 sucks although you have no reason for thinking so as well as the fact that you havent played it. Wether or not you've played the PS2 has no effect on the PS3. Simple enough really so you should quit bitching because that statement you posted a while back makes you look like an Xbox fanboy and so far I dont see reason to think different.

RedCydranth
07-10-2005, 06:30 PM
Wat the hell r u on about, im not bloody fan boy, it looks to me like your the fan boys. And hey everyone is aloud there own opinions on things. But then you get idiots like u who thinks that if someone has a different opinion on something then it aload of crap. Go sort your life out u losers.

Whoa there... You don't think you're a fanboy? We deem you a fan boy because you make a statememnt without fact and you type like one. Anyone who uses Wat u and r as words are people who quickly lose credibility. If you think FF should go to the XBox 360 then you can think that, and you have every right to state it, but your reasoning is straight up wrong.

"FFXII is gunna suck becuz teh name Vaan is ghey!!1!twelve" is a poor example of how to make a statement.
"I think FFXII is not going to do well because from what I have seen the hero looks bland and reminds me of Tidus too much. I think they need a more original main character." is a more accepted approach to making an opinion.

NOTE: i do not feel FFXII is gonna suck, I just used that as an example to teach this guy how to express himself properly.

Back on topic, Square isn't going to release anything about FFXIII until XII is out and been out long enough for people to desire the new one. Don't get too worked up about XIII, since we haven't even experienced XII yet. As far as what console it will be on, I agree that since the FF series has had a long successful run with the Playstation, they will continue and not jump ship to X-Box 360. XBox hasn't shown themselves to be a reliable RPG system and Square won't release an RPG game to an audience of FPS and action players.

Wishwash
07-10-2005, 08:19 PM
hey destai I think you need to read wat I wrote before you come back talking *snip* about me.
You said the PS3 sucks although you have no reason for thinking so as well as the fact that you havent played it.
Well like I said earlier everyone is aloud there own opinion on thing and thats my opinion. *snip*
Wether or not you've played the PS2 has no effect on the PS3.
At wat point did i say anything about PS2 have an effect on the PS3. *snip*. This ends here because first this is going way to far from wat the topic was about and I really can't bothered to read some really poor come back from one of you. opinion are opinion. I could not give a crap about final fantasy 13 because i personal think that final fantasy are really becoming poor, yeah I will try 12 but I don't like the look of it.

edit by eest: lose the insults or lose your posting privledges

eestlinc
07-10-2005, 10:21 PM
let's play nice now.

RedCydranth
07-10-2005, 11:05 PM
At wat point did i say anything about PS2 have an effect on the PS3.

Well.. um.. Here...

lets face PS3 sucks like the PS2 did.

I really can't bothered to read some really poor come back from one of you.

If you can't be bothered to read our posts, why should we be bothered to respect your opinion? If you don't read other posts, why are you even on this forum? So you can call us losers and make yourself feel better about your wasteful existance. Psh... Go back to seventh grade.

Thank you eestlinc for cutting those insults out.

I would like to see a new FFT on the PS3. Not a direct sequel, but a new storyline in a new world using that same system, not the one from FFTA. I think the PS3 will be able to really do wonders for tactical gameplay, perhaps not squares, but hexagons to allow more tactical movemements like pincer attacks and such. Who knows the possibilities.

Destai
07-10-2005, 11:08 PM
Incase you're curious, my comeback rocked ;)

Wishwash
07-11-2005, 01:05 PM
edit by eest: lose the insults or lose your posting privledges[/QUOTE]
Wow O No Please don't banned Me, the fact that i never post stuff anyway because your all losers. And anyway ban me I can just get a new account. You people must sit there all day just reading and posting stuff on this forum.

Incase you're curious, my comeback rocked

Wat the hell you on about your come back sucked I owned you in my comeback you twat.
You were warned. ~ Leeza

JaytodaP
07-12-2005, 12:55 AM
In my opinion, the newer FFs arent very promising to me. I hated FF10. The voices were unfitting to the characters. Without any training or anything, Tidus could magically master a sword. And Why would you use a dodgeball or whatever it is for a weapon. I dont think it would hurt THAT much. I'll rent 12 but I wont buy it. And if its the same deal on the PS3, Ill get My NES out and start playing FF1 because its a whole lot better ten is. But then again, this is my opinion.

RedCydranth
07-13-2005, 12:16 AM
LOL @ Wishwash

In my opinion, the newer FFs arent very promising to me. I hated FF10. The voices were unfitting to the characters. Without any training or anything, Tidus could magically master a sword. And Why would you use a dodgeball or whatever it is for a weapon. I dont think it would hurt THAT much. I'll rent 12 but I wont buy it. And if its the same deal on the PS3, Ill get My NES out and start playing FF1 because its a whole lot better ten is. But then again, this is my opinion.

Well, Sure FFX wasn't top notch, but your reasonings are a little off. Sure Tidus magically masters a sword out of nowhere. However, Thats a much smaller plothole that the sudden appearance of four heroes and no in game explanation in your beloved FFI. And no, just because its on NES doesn't excuse that they never explained how or why. About that whole Blitzball deal.. Lets see, I don't care how hard you punch with your fists, it wont do the damage a sword would, but often in your beloved FFI the Blackbelt/Master out hits the Warrior/Knight. Explain that.... And if you look through some of the best FF games there are ever more outrageous weapons. FFT used a harp, purse and cloth roll. FFVII has a Megaphone as a weapon. I don't care what color it is, its not gonna make the bigg stuffed animal hit harder, and how about FFVI and its wonderful usage of paintbrushes as weapons. VI and VII are easily proclaimed as the two greatest games in a series and you don't see people saying they hate it because Cait Sith's weapon is unrealistic. They use real reasons like, I thought the plot was very see through and unrealistic, or the matreia system was overly abusive and made the game far easier than it could have been. Also, no one can get away with, "I didn't like FFVII so FFVIII has GOT to be far worse". Because that is the VERY same Logic that Wishwash used in justifying the PS3 being a bad system. So, if you think FFXII is going to blow goats, thats fine, but you can't honestly cite FFX as the reason FFXII isn't going to be good.