PDA

View Full Version : Xenogears and the Trader Card.

nik0tine
07-06-2005, 11:21 AM
Well, it's my third time through this game, but I have yet to get the trader card from Hammer. I am currently at that point in the game, and I can't seem to get the Trader Card. I thought that you were supposed to equip and Ether Doubler on Elly and use Aerods to cause 9999 damage. However, I have an Ether Doubler equiped on Elly and my Aerods do zero damage. (Both when he is glowing red, and when he is not glowing red). Am I missing something, or am I using the wrong strategy?

Also, I have tried using Fenrir and Crescens and have them get thier Infinity mode, but they don't seem to get it when I need it. Is there a way to go about getting infinity mode easier for gears other than Welltall 2?

Any tips on getting the trader card would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Bucky
07-13-2005, 01:19 AM
use fei (for system id), citan (because he's strong and fast), and maria (very strong, and doesn't need to learn death blow moves to have good gear attacks.) do the majority of damage with fei using system id, and just have citan and maria build up ap, trying to get them into infinity mode. once hammer flashes, you have 10 turns to do like 25000 to him, so lvl 3 hits or infinity hits are the best, but make sure that fei is on booster, and has at least 2 turns left in infinity mode.

-N-
07-13-2005, 07:04 AM
I used a physical method to destroy Hammer to get the Trader Card. Have Fei use System Id, and Citan and Emeralda (fastest Gear speeds) get up to Infinity ASAP. It's not easy, but it's possible. I wouldn't wait until he glows red or whatever either. Just start wailing on him as fast as you can as soon as you can.