PDA

View Full Version : Can you miss out the Thunder Plains mini-game: Calibration ? + STILL get 100%?

Nick :)
07-06-2005, 05:42 PM
Hey all, I'm really stuck on Reverse Calibration on (hidden) Tower 10. in Thunder Plains and it's annoying me. I don't think it's a actual mission, but do you HAVE to do the mini-game to get 100%?
Cheers,
Nick.

Lady Pain
07-06-2005, 05:50 PM
Hey all, I'm really stuck on Reverse Calibration on (hidden) Tower 10. in Thunder Plains and it's annoying me. I don't think it's a actual mission, but do you HAVE to do the mini-game to get 100%?
Cheers,
Nick.Dunno

what no you have to do it I wen't on with out doing it and I diden't get the 100% plus the 100 hundred levels.

Please don't double post, use the edit/delete button instead

~Void

BizzerocitY
07-06-2005, 06:36 PM
Well, you don't have to perfectly calibrate them. Just *attempt* all of them, all 10 of them, there's a hidden one to the left of the travel agency, so go to the travel agency, then hug the wall on the left, and run tapping X and Yuna will view a tower, but not really sure if it is one, then keep running tapping X, and you'll have to attempt that one, and after calibrating or trying to, go talk to the al bhed guy and he'll give you a garment grid, and good day sir.

If you forgot to do the 13 Squatter Monkey quest in Kilika, does that hurt your %age?

Markus. D
07-07-2005, 03:37 AM
in my first playthrough i ddnt pratically even touch thunderplains.

i still had to take care of that hell of a tough behemoth.
i think theres more to it then that. maybey cid related.

Tidus5
07-07-2005, 03:48 AM
yes, you have to do the squatter monkey side quest to get 100% completion. just walk slowly through the woods and listen for the little squeak. Also, there is a hidden ledge that not many people know about. You can jump on top of a tree near the right side of the map and a monkey is chilling there with a chest that contains the Chaos Maelstrom Garment Grid which lets you use arcana abilities

Tai-Ti
07-07-2005, 03:55 AM
Argh, i hate the tower calibration thing, dont get me started! But i think it dose affect the 100% thing, theres a walkthrew here that tells you what adds to your percentage, look @ that.

BizzerocitY
07-07-2005, 05:05 AM
Ah, crap, can I do the monkey quest in Chapter 3? I reaaaallly don't want to restart.

Tidus5
07-07-2005, 05:59 AM
i dont know if you can redo the squatter monkey quest... but i do know that there are multiple times you can have the monkeys fall in love in zanarkand

Nick :)
07-07-2005, 04:52 PM
Yo dude, check the walkthrough with the Squatter Monkey thing... Because it doesn't say you have to do that but either way according to the guide you get 100%.

Dr.M
07-18-2005, 06:37 AM
the tower colaberation is not worth any competion point at all. although if u can susessful do all the towers (which is a pain in da ... well u know) an al bhed guy will give u samurai's honner garmet grid. and if u can try the last tower more than 30 times in chapter 3 then in chapter 5 u get a ribbon!

Quare
07-20-2005, 10:00 AM
Geez ! just go thru EVERY location in EVERY chapter bcuz almost in EVERY location is a mission.. almost bcuz in killika in chapter two u dont really do anything.. but still u gottta go to EVERY location even just for the cut-scenes... oh and if ya dont do squatter monkeys .. hehe well ur done for ;/ sorry..

Directorate Jax
07-26-2005, 08:36 PM
Based on all of the various walkthroughs I've read for 100% completion, including the one on this website, I'd say that the squatter monkey mission and any attempts/successes at lightning tower calibration are not required for the perfect ending. Finding all 13 monkeys and only /attempting/ to calibrate each of the ten towers will net you two additional garment grids, however. There's probably a reward for successfully caibrating them though I'm unsure of what that is.

I would agree with the previous poster though: Do everything, speak with everyone, and view every commsphere because occassionally a walkthrough can be confusing or misleading and cause you to miss something. For example, the walkthrough on this website — it said to view the SCENE with Isaaru on the Zanarkand commsphere instead of SCENES unlike the other instructions and I took that for granted like a fool and only viewed it once, missing out on the Bevelle episode completion and thus completion percentage points. Of course, I didn't notice it until I checked Bevelle (saved for last) and got Episode Concluded. New Game Plus, heh.