PDA

View Full Version : just out of interest

silverpigeon97
07-06-2005, 06:24 PM
i first got pissed when i was 13, smoked at 14. Is this too young? Just out of interest when did other people start drinking and smoking

Shoden
07-06-2005, 06:37 PM
legal smoking age: 16
Legal drinking age: 18 UK 21 USA

Devourment
07-06-2005, 06:43 PM
I first got [/] when I was 16 after I had quite a lot of red wine & I've never smoked in my life.

13 years old is stupid. It's nothing to feel good about & neither is 16. But my first time was at my mum's friend's party.

rubah
07-06-2005, 06:44 PM
I haven't drunk or smoke, and I'm 16.

And I've had opportunities to do both, both provided by my mother:P

silverpigeon97
07-06-2005, 06:58 PM
maybe drinking cultures just different where i live? yorkshire, england

SilverWind
07-06-2005, 07:00 PM
NEVER WILL
NEVER HAVE, to both, so there.

Levian
07-06-2005, 07:38 PM
Started occasional drinking when I was 14. Got really drunk when I was 17. Never had a smoke. 13 is a bit young, in my opinion, but some people handle alcohol better than others, I don't know. :grinpink:

louby_4eva
07-06-2005, 07:41 PM
Got drunk for the first time when I was 16, never again. I've never smoked. 13 is a bit too young to be getting drunk.

Smile and Be happy :love:

Necronopticous
07-06-2005, 07:43 PM
Any age you start drinking or smoking is equally as bad.

Aphelion
07-06-2005, 07:44 PM
I'm 14 and I have two reasons not to do these things: 1 - I'm allergic to nicotine; 2 - I think any drink with alcohol tastes bad (I've just tasted it, didn't even drink half a glass). So...there you have it.

themagicroundabout
07-06-2005, 07:44 PM
i first drank alchohol when i was 11, i think, it takes a lot to get me drunk though. My dad thought i was drunk the other week but i knew i wasn't :p
i have no intention of smoking :D

boris no no
07-06-2005, 08:05 PM
me and my friend at school used to sneak her mums spirits into school and get pissed there :-/ we were 13 or 14. the first time i got horrendusly drunk was when i'd just turned 16. i blacked out for 6 hours.......
i was good and the first time i smoked was when i started college. i smoked on and off for a few years. stopped, started smoking heavily. then stopped...i smoke on the occasion now.
i think that i shouldn't have drunk that young. now i drink till i throw up and i make myself ill from it. yes bad but thats what i do. :love:

Del Murder
07-07-2005, 01:39 AM
15 for both questions.

Lord Xehanort
07-07-2005, 01:58 AM

Same story, except that my father was the bad parent. Though, he never would allow me to smoke... which is all as well.

Wait... do you mean 'first time drinking alcoholic beverages' or 'first time getting drunk'? I've never been drunk, but I have ACCIDENTALLY ingested alcohol before... and I once had a bit of wine, just for taste.

Rye
07-07-2005, 02:01 AM
i first drank alchohol when i was 11, i think, it takes a lot to get me drunk though. My dad thought i was drunk the other week but i knew i wasn't :p
i have no intention of smoking :D

You have the best sig ever. EVER.

I've never gotten drunk or smoked, I'm 15. :)

Lord Xehanort
07-07-2005, 02:04 AM
[SIZE=1]You have the best sig ever. EVER.

*mumbling*please be talking to me... please be talking to me... please be talking to me... please be talking to me... please be talking to me... please be talking to me... please be talking to me...

RSL
07-07-2005, 02:05 AM
I never started either habit! Yay for me.

Winter Nights
07-07-2005, 02:10 AM
18 for for both. Not because I couldn't.. I just had very high standards for myself back then. Now, I don't give a sh*t about standards.

Hroth
07-07-2005, 02:15 AM
I don't have a habit of either but I drink and smoke weed socially, at parties mostly. I never smoked cigarettes and I never will because it is just plain sick but I smoked weed for the first time when I was 13 and I drank the first time when I was about 13 or 14. I never got hammered though.

Yamaneko
07-07-2005, 02:25 AM
I smoked for the first time when I was ten. I've only tried it a couple times since. Smoking sickens me.

I first drank around the same age as well. I still drink socially on occasion.

SomethingBig
07-07-2005, 03:01 AM
Pissed? Is that slang for drinking? I sure am glad I'm not up to date with current teen jargon. I've never smoked or drank, save for wine. I never plan on starting any of those things, except for the occasional wine, of course.

I know of a few people who've started smoking at the age of 10.

Doomie
07-07-2005, 03:04 AM
I have never smoked. If you count the first taste of alcohol, that would be at like seven, if you count a sip of champagne on New Years Eve/Day. Once a year pour moi. Since then, I seldom drink. Maybe once in a while at a party. I've never gotten drunk, though.

Jebus
07-07-2005, 03:05 AM
First drink: first communion in second grade.

First REAL drink, around a year or so later.

Now I don't drink recreationally, although I do like the taste of wine.

First smoke: after my last orchestra concert, I was 18.

I never really got addicted to smoking, just an off and on thing. The last time I smoked was around three or four months ago. I guess I just don't get addicted to anything.

Sasquatch
07-07-2005, 03:32 AM
I "started" drinking when I was 18, and smoking shortly before I turned 19, in mobilization for--and in--Iraq, respectively. I'd had part of a cigarette when I was younger (don't remember when), and I had drank just a couple times before, but the first time I tasted alcohol was when I was like 12 and drank about half a beer.

Pissed? Is that slang for drinking? I sure am glad I'm not up to date with current teen jargon.

It's a British term for drunk.

MoonsEcho
07-07-2005, 03:40 AM
I had my first smoke and drink around the age of 14. Didn't care much for cigarettes, though I would smoke on and off. I still drink, but not irresponsibly.

crashNUMBERS
07-07-2005, 03:42 AM

Wow. That's not to motherly like. Im 12 and haven't done neither. I will never smoke although I may drink light stuff...

rubah
07-07-2005, 04:50 AM

Wow. That's not to motherly like. Im 12 and haven't done neither. I will never smoke although I may drink light stuff...

The drinking was when we were sitting on the front porch and she was drinking kalhua and I asked what it tasted like. She said I could find out for myself if I really wanted to xD I declined.

The smoking was when we were working on the fence a couple of summers ago, and two of the boys about my age that were helping us with their parents were taking a smoking break with our mothers. I asked her in an aside why they were, she said "They're working men. Why, did you want one too?"

She was a little irate at the time, though.

Erdrick Holmes
07-07-2005, 05:19 AM
I drink quite a bit. I'veo nly gotten drunk twice in my life. I need toi try drinking vodka served in a brita water filter pitcher. I heard that makes it taste good.

Reles
07-07-2005, 05:37 AM
Never ever ever ever ever. Well...maybe when I'm of age. I'll probably try drinking once (don't wanna get trashed), but smoking is out of the question because I'm allergic to it as well.

crashNUMBERS
07-07-2005, 05:42 AM

The drinking was when we were sitting on the front porch and she was drinking kalhua and I asked what it tasted like. She said I could find out for myself if I really wanted to xD I declined.

The smoking was when we were working on the fence a couple of summers ago, and two of the boys about my age that were helping us with their parents were taking a smoking break with our mothers. I asked her in an aside why they were, she said "They're working men. Why, did you want one too?"

She was a little irate at the time, though.

Ah, I see...

Cless
07-07-2005, 05:42 AM
First time I got drunk was a year ago, when I was sixteen. And I would run out of fingers if I were to try and count the amount of times that I've been drunk since. I've never smoked a cigarrette, or anything containing tobacco, but I did have a smoke of a pipe of weed this year, at 17. I was drunk at the time though, and wouldn't have chose to if I was thinking soberly.

It's kinda strange though, because when I was fifteen, I would never have dreamed of touching alcohol, nevermind weed. Still strongly against cigarrette smoking though. I just know I'll never do that.

crashNUMBERS
07-07-2005, 05:54 AM
Poor poor cless...

Mitch
07-07-2005, 10:29 AM
i first got pissed when i was 13, smoked at 14.

Same, but I don't smoke anymore but I drink a lot

Zerø
07-07-2005, 10:48 AM
I've never smoked before in my life & the first time I got properly drunk was when I was 17.

nik0tine
07-07-2005, 10:52 AM
(doesn't read any of the posts in the thread)

i first got pissed when i was 13, smoked at 14. Is this too young? Just out of interest when did other people start drinking and smoking I don't understand. You first got pissed at 13? What the hell is pissed? Like... angry?

I don't have a problem if you smoke at age 14 though. You're perfectly capable of making an informed decision at fourteen. I don't know why you would smoke tobacco, because you get nothing from it, but it's your decision, and yours alone.

bigbri2k5
07-07-2005, 02:40 PM
i first gut drunk when i was 13 at a party and i first smoked when i was 11. yes i know it was way to young but i gave up smoking and i never get really drunk anymore just a few drinks at parties

Craig
07-07-2005, 02:55 PM
I've drank little bits of alcohol over the years, and when I say little I mean like a sip of Wine or something. The first time I actually drunk alcohol properly was a few months ago, since then I've been drunk a couple of times. I only drink at partys.

And as for smoking, never have, never will.

crazybayman
07-07-2005, 03:32 PM
First time drunk - must've been 16, I think. University was a complete drunk, but I rarely touch the stuff now.

Don't smoke at all. Though I've taken "a draw" years ago as a joke while completely smashed (IDIOT :mad: ).

silverpigeon97
07-07-2005, 03:45 PM
just to set the record straight
being pissed = completely drunk
ive ever smoked a couple of times
im only 15 but eh, no one elses parents seem to mind

Dixie
07-07-2005, 03:54 PM
NEVER WILL
NEVER HAVE, to both, so there.Go both of us!:)

silverpigeon97
07-07-2005, 03:55 PM
so wht do people have against drinking anyway

Jess
07-07-2005, 04:25 PM
I tried alcohol when I was at a young age of 11, but I didn't get drunk. It was on Christmas day, I just had a glass of wine with my dinner.

The first time I smoked I think I was 14, I don't know why, and I wish I hadn't as now I occasionally do either socially, or when I'm angry/upset as it seems to calm me down. I think I was just curious.

I drink regularly now. I'm a responsible drinker, and I don't drink so much that I pass out or anything stupid like that. I know how to limit myself and drink moderately.

Mercen-X
07-07-2005, 06:32 PM
Tried both due to peer pressure. I'm such a freakin' pushover. Addicted to neither. In fact, haven't touched either since the first time. Never done drugs. 'Less you count MJ second-hand.

Aeris lives
07-07-2005, 06:48 PM
Never smoked never will..
I drink the odd time but ive never gotten drunk, i dont need to be drunk in order to have a good time! :p

rubah
07-07-2005, 07:30 PM
so wht do people have against drinking anyway

Nothing, if you don't drink to drunkeness, and follow your government's laws for alcohol consumption:P

But the people at school that brag about how they drink over weekends and stuff just strikes me as TERRIBLY STUPID.

Spammerman
07-07-2005, 11:17 PM
Never Happened
Never Will Happen