PDA

View Full Version : No Level Up Game o.o

Alexander
07-06-2005, 07:25 PM
Well, I'm at Galbadia Garden, with some exp gained (Geezard and its 79 HP T_T), but NO level at all.

I haven't played Triple Triad too much. Well, not to the point to have 300 Meltdowns, Deaths, and Quakes. o.o I use the normal junctions, like, Water, Aero, Bio, Break... o.o

And the game is still easy. I mean, even Diablos was easy.

Is this "challenge" supposed to be easy by now? If it is, when does it get hard?

Necronopticous
07-06-2005, 07:29 PM
http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=55528

I'm also in the middle of this challenge. Because of the fact that Final Fantasy VIII introduced the idea of enemies leveling up as you do, the game is a lot easier to beat at starting levels than it ever was previously. I'm on Disc 3 and I haven't had any problems yet, in fact the game has been easier than normal. Though, in all fairness I did spend countless hours playing cards.

Alexander
07-06-2005, 07:31 PM
Yay. XDD

Well o.o is there a good card player in Galbadia Garden? *Triple Triad beginner* I want to get more Meltdowns and Bios o.o;

And where do I get Rinoa's, Squall's and Irvine's cards? I know where to get Zell's and Quistis', but I forgot. XD

rubah
07-06-2005, 09:55 PM
Rinoa's card:

Get Ifrit's, lose it to her father in Deling City, Play him again for Rinoa's. Regain Ifrit's from the headmaster of galbadia garden in F-H

Squall's: Get it from Laguna in disc3 on the Ragnarok

Irvine: Give the card queen something or other, and get it from Flo in F-H

Alternatively, you could get any cards you missed from the Queen of Cards in Disc 4 in the crash site outside of Esthar.

Oh, and the point of a low-levels game isn't the difficulty.
It's either so you can abuse the abilityx4+str/vit/mag/spr+ abilities in discs 3 and 4 or to make the entire game easier.

Xaven
07-06-2005, 10:10 PM
Squall's: Get it from Laguna in disc3 on the Ragnarok

Don't you get it from Laguna in Esthar?

Alexander
07-07-2005, 02:16 AM
Update o.o/ (I'll try to keep this updated)

I've beaten Minotaur and Sacred (easy peasy, I used this chance to draw 300x Life, 300x Berserk and complete 300x Double, since I had 60x from Elvoret and Gerogero)

I've updated weapons o.o/

Squall: Cutting Trigger
Irvine: Ulysses
Quistis: Slaying Tail
Rinoa: Rising Sun
Zell: Maverick
Selphie: Flail >___<

Sugestions on the weapons? If I can get better ones right now (I'm at Deling playing a LOT of cards =P)?

Junctions o.o

HP - I'm using Curaga, because I can get easy peasy 300x of them by throwing 30000 Gil by the window... Tents are expensive XD
Str - Squall is using Quake, and now I'm getting some Armadodo cards to give Quakes to Irvine and Quistis, as well ^^ they are using Water o.o
Vit - Quistis is using 100x Meltdown, and Squall and Irvine are using 100x Protect.
Mag - Everyone is using 100x Break. I'm getting some Deaths.
Spr - Everyone is using 100x Shell.

Sugestions here? Can I use better magic by now? If yes, which ones? o.o

Well, that's all. o.o/ Now I'm going to get more 200x Meltdowns \o/

PS:

Rubah: Well. If someone gets a level, I'll level them all to Lv100 with the booster abilities. If not, I'll just try to kick Ultimecia's fat ass (hey, she is Quina *shot*) with Squall at Lv7.

Mo-Nercy
07-07-2005, 04:51 AM
I recently failed at my attempt to finish the game with an average of level 10. Failed badly too. :D. I did more or less what you're doing now up to about the missile base. It was then that I said something along the lines of "to hell with this" and played the rest of the game normally and finished with a level 35 average. :cry:

Nice stuff working out that Quake rocks on Str. Took me a while to see it. It's also good for magic at this point of the game. And stick with Meltdown on Vit all the way to the end because only Ultima can do better on that particular stat. Get Meltdowns for everyone (may be a bit hard at this point of the game though). Reflect rawks for Spr but I'm not sure if it's possible to get a full stock so early in the game.

boys from the dwarf
07-07-2005, 07:34 AM
beating FF8 at level one is worth doing but it isnt much to brag about because its very easy to do.

Alexander
07-07-2005, 09:19 PM
Updates XD

I'm at Disc 2, D-District Prison.

Everyone has 300x Regen (from Biggs) and 300x Reflect (from Wedge).
I'm looking for card players to get more Meltdowns (Gayla Card) and maybe Quakes and Deaths (Armadodo and Tonberry).

I'm with the items to upgrade Selphie's weapon o.o

I have 300x Blinds, Hastes, Slows and Esunas, as well.

How, questions XD:

Should I deactivate Enc-None and Card some enemies? I have all of the necessary abilities, bar Brothers' Str-J.
How can I get Micro Missile (Quistis' Blue Magic) if I can't Card the robot that drops the item?
Should I Card Mod cards with good items (bar GF and characters cards) even if I have ony one card? Like, Krysta Card (Holy Stones)?
IIRC I can get a Power Generator here. If yes... How?

disapointedchild
07-07-2005, 09:44 PM
Well, if you think that is to easy, try doing it like this. This is the way i am doing it, and I have recently beaten Edea. It isnt really hard yet, but well just hear the guidlines.

This way, this easy game actually becomes a great challange instead of the easiest of all the FF's. This is how to go: All the characters must only have their first weapon trough the whole game. Cards are not allowed to be refined into items. You are not allowed to draw from enemies or bosses (neither GFs or Magic), only drawpoints or refine items into magic. And finally... are you ready? ...Only junction Ability (mad rush, darkside etc). No other forms of junctioning are allowed. No magic junctioning to boost stats and not even those 20%str and Auto-protect etc junctionings are allowed to be junctioned.

So basically... your party have their first weapons... low stats (suprisingly useless attack command) and more limmited amount of Magics and GFs + can't get 100hero from the Laguna card . In the very begining it's not that hard but since the monsters also lvl up... on my current place in this FFVIII challange I had to hit one of those small brown crawles 3 times to kill it.

And finally... the ULTIMATE challange... to defeat Omega and Ultima Weapon this way (without using "the end" of course) however that's an optional super challange.

All in all this is just for FFVIII freaks who want to test their skill at FFVIII

Yeah no junctioning whatsoever. Only different cammand options.
I am going to make a thread about it soon. After i finish beating Norg.

Now this is a challenge. :evilking:

rubah
07-07-2005, 11:08 PM
There will be plenty of krysta cards later. I dont' remember them being very useful for actually playing cards. Card them like crazy.

RedCydranth
07-08-2005, 04:23 PM
WHAO!!! Alexander..I'm playing a low level game of FFVIII roght now too, and I just got out of D-District prison.

I'm staying low level and I'm drawing maximum magics from everyone, but I'm not carding, I'm running. I don't know where you got the quakes, where??

Oh, about getting quistis's blue magic from the non-carded enemy, put Mug on a low hitting character and you'll get the item.

The problem i'm running into is the friggin' car, you need it to enter the missile base and it runs out of fuel too quick. GOD forbid they make these cars with unlimited fuel. It IS final fantasy, I don't think the realism of needing fuel is THAT neccessary, and fuel is too expensive.

Alexander
07-08-2005, 09:04 PM
Updates ^^

I'm at Disc 2, side-quest time. XD
I've beaten Odin (and I have 300x Triple *-*~) and now I'm Carding Tonberries. Because they give no Exp already, so if I card them, I can get the double of Chef's Knifes. XDD I dunno if Carded Tonberies count to make Tonberry King appear, though.

I have 300x Death. But since I got 300x Triple, they are only useful to St-Atk-J and St-Def-J, since I can have Quake/Tornado on Mag now. XD

Btw, RC, I got Quakes from Cards. Armadodo Card is 1x Dino Bone, and two T-Rexaur Cards are 1x Dino Bone. Dino Bones can be refined into 20x Quakes with Time Mag-RF. But in Disc 2, Tornado is better, and you get them from Abyss Worm Cards - 1x Windmill each, and T Mag-RF from Quezacotl refines them into 20x Tornados. Tornados are very good to HP as well, but Mag is waaay more important. When you get control of the Garden, go back to the Tomb of Unknown King and Card some Armadodos. Quakes are useful to HP, and Elem-Def-J, because Ultima Weapon and other tough cookies use Quake.

In Balamb, I've done the Mega Potion trick, as well. Boring, time-consuming, slow, but you don't even need to move. XD
(The trick: Buy 100x Tents (100000 Gil), refine them into 25x Mega-Potions (Carbuncle's Recov Med-RF), and sell the Mega-Potions (125000 Gil). "Quick" gil, and since my SeeD Lv is 12, it was VERY useful. XDD)

Question Time:

Can I still get Micro Missiles? >_< I only got Mug now, I ditched it in favor of Enc-None in Disc 1. T_T
Where can I get the 'agas, aside enemies and Wizard Stones?
Should I get more Krysta cards to have Holy Stones and them refine them into Holys? Because IIRC Holy are a great junction to St-Def-J, and they are easy peasy to get (at least to me, now that I have Quistis Card I'm a crazy card player now. lol XD)
Where can I get Star Fragments, Dragon Skins, etc? Most of the next weapons needs them.
Can I get ultimate magic already? Like, Meteor, Flare, Ultima?

rubah
07-09-2005, 02:30 AM
You can refine 20 blizzaga cards from snow lions. I just found this now. It goes to a north wind. Same is true for Blitzes and dynamo stones, and probably Bombs and bomb fragments, but I dont' have fire-refine yet xD

Alexander
07-10-2005, 05:25 AM
Updates \o/

End of Disc 2. o.o

Wacthed the Trabia Garden event (I felt like to delete the save and never play FFVIII again =3), and did most side-quests.

Updated magic and card stock - got all of Lv7 Cards, as well as a lot of rare cards, and I caught all 'agas.

Obtained Tonberry and Carberus, drew Pandemona and Alexander.

Questions:

How can I banish Random rule? T_T
And o.o where can I ger Quezacotl's Card? And I'm missing a Lv5 Monster Card... near Chimera... EDIT: Nevermind XD I remebered, it is PuPu Card o.o

rubah
07-10-2005, 08:02 PM
I believe quezacotl is from the mayor of F-H.

You banish rules by combining the rule sets between places and hoping that the one that changes when you push 'quit' instead of 'play is random:o 'we don't have them thar fancy rules here. wanna use a combination.' 'sure.' 'woohoo' 'never mind, I decided not to.' 'HAHA we'll spread PLUS like a virus!' 'reset'
'HAHA we'll spread PLUS like a virus!' 'reset'
'HAHA we'll get rid of your precious RANDOM.' 'woohoo!'

Or something. Not actual dialog, btw xD

Alexander
07-10-2005, 10:46 PM
(Thx, rubah \o/)

Updates... again o.o

Disc 3, Esthar.

Watched Squall suddenly falling in love wth Rinoa, went to Esthar.

There, I junctioned all GFs to Edea, and killed Squall and Quistis, and Edea started to werak havoc. XD

Got LOTS of money (Mesmerize Blades > Mega Potions), got most of Tonberry's menu skills, completed Quezacotl, Shiva, Ifrit and Siren's skills, got the Remedy+, 22 Malboro Tentacles... and no main character leveled up. Edea is at Lv45 now, though, XDDD

Question:

At which level Ifrit learn Ammo-RF? Because I remembered now that I'll need it in order to get the Lion Heart.
Oh, this question is valid to Shiva's Doom, Ifrit's Mad Rush and Siren's Treatment, as well. x.x

Mo-Nercy
07-11-2005, 02:38 AM
beating FF8 at level one is worth doing but it isnt much to brag about because its very easy to do.
I'd like to see you try since your character's start on level 7.

Alexander
07-11-2005, 04:26 AM
Little Info: Shiva learns Doom at Lv10, as for Ifrit's Ammo-RF and Mad Rush. Siren learns Treatment at Lv12. I discovered this when they reached those levels, and by the time Edea was Lv53 XDDDDD

Dragonheart
07-14-2005, 12:06 PM
how do you get 300x of any magic i only get 100 thats it

BG-57
07-14-2005, 02:35 PM
I think they mean 300 magics distributed across three characters so that each character has 100 magics of that type.

rubah
07-14-2005, 09:24 PM
Little Info: Shiva learns Doom at Lv10, as for Ifrit's Ammo-RF and Mad Rush. Siren learns Treatment at Lv12. I discovered this when they reached those levels, and by the time Edea was Lv53 XDDDDD

Why didn't you level shiva and ifrit with seifer in dollet? xD

Alexander
07-14-2005, 10:09 PM

Why didn't you level shiva and ifrit with seifer in dollet? xD

Maybe because they were Lv1 o.o

And because I didn't know that they learned those abilities by level xD

Well, LONG update XD

Disc 4, Ragnarok. XD

In Disc 3 I obtained ALL GFs. Got 300x of every magic I was missing, including Ultima. Ultima Weapon, Jumbo Cactuar, Bahamut... they all were PUSHOVERS >=O

I only had a hard time against a Ruby Dragon, because I used LV Up on him twice, in order to Draw Meteor and Flare.

My junctions are something like:

HP- Meteor (Full-life if Selphie)
Str- Ultima (Meteor if Selphie)
Vit- Meltdown
Mag- Pain (Ultima if Selphie)
Spr- Full-life (Reflect if Selphie)

Customized the GFs, yadda yadda yadda.

Then, I entered Lunatic Pandora.

Fujin and Raijin: Raijin died with one attack, Fujin with two.
Mobile Type 8: Mug, Attack, Armor Shot x2. Dead.
Seifer: He kiiled Odin (YAY! NO MORE RESET BECAUSE OF HIM! \o/). Renzokuken. Gilgasmesh pwned Seifer.

Now, to the glorious point. The manliest guy EVER in Final Fantasy. The newbies' terror. Once, "he" was the hardest storyline boss in FFVIII.

..."Sorcerer" Adel. xD

I can't believe it. Everyone says you should Lv up to fight her. I heard someone saying that the minimum level to fight her is Lv55. ...And my average is... Lv9. Guess what? ADEL WAS THE BIGGEST PUSHOVER I EVER FOUGHT IN THIS CHALLENGE! Aside Fujin/Raijin, of course.

Meteor did.... 30 damage... per Meteor... aside Irvine, he didn't have Shell or Spr+??%, he took 100 damage. Crap.
Energy Bomber. 50% Vit, 50% Spr. Guess what. 200 damage to the target.
Ultima. 500 damage (!) to Squall, 1200 (!!) to Quistis, and 1800 (!!!) to Irvine. Still crap, Irvine had 9000+ HP. XD

The fight was:

Adel drains HP from Rinoa.
Squall casts Regen on Rinoa.
Quistis uses Aura Stone on herself.
Irvine casts Counter Rockets.
Squall Draws Regen from Rinoa. (duh)
Adel uses Meteor. Crap.
Quistis uses Mighty Guard.
Irvine casts Double Aura, himself and Squall.
Adel uses Energy Bomber on Squall. Duh.
Quistis uses Might Guard again to put everyone in Haste and Float.
Irvine uses Quick Shot. She is alive.
Squall uses Curaga on Rinoa (remebered Rinoa should have very low HP x.x)
Adel uses Ultima. Bah.
Irvine uses Fast Shot. ADEL IS TOAST.

Then, I fought all of those Sorceress. Attack, Ultima Stone, Fire Breath... x.x''' pushovers. Now, Sorceress "Final". Hyper Shot, twice and she died. T_T so easy

Now I'm playing some cards. You know, all the cards I missed. Actually, only six. Chicobo, Chubby Chocobo, Irvine, Kiros, Doomtrain and Phoenix. I will Card Mod Gilgasmesh adn get it back from Xu and my path to victory against Omega Weapon is set. XD