PDA

View Full Version : What's the point of Omega Ruins?

Yuna1
07-06-2005, 08:17 PM
OKay, the title explains it all! Now, is there really anything in here that is worth spending hours of gameplay, lost, scared and help less? If so, humor me.

Necronopticous
07-06-2005, 08:19 PM
Treasure, sphere levels, gil, and killing Omega make it a worthwhile time investment, I'd say.

Flying Mullet
07-06-2005, 08:20 PM
It's one of the best places to level up in the game. Also, the mimics give you 50,000 gil, which is the most gil you can get from any enemy in the game by far. Also, a lot of the enemies can either be bribed for excellent items or you can win or steal excellent items from them.

Lady Pain
07-06-2005, 08:22 PM
OKay, the title explains it all! Now, is there really anything in here that is worth spending hours of gameplay, lost, scared and help less? If so, humor me.
get no Encounters it helps

rubah
07-06-2005, 10:10 PM
It's an easier place to level up than the Monster Arena, but it goes more quickly than Zanarkand.

You can get a TON of spheres from monsters and chests.

You learn a blue magic (Nova).

It's got really good music that you only hear in a couple other parts of the game.

Two 'super' bosses (which aren't that superxD).

You need it for capturing monsters.

hockeydude
07-07-2005, 02:54 AM
its good for training.
and that omege/ultima weapon dude isnt hard. i beat him without any celestial weapons or anything. most damage i could do on him was 9,999. except for when i used the behamut guy.(spelt wrong?) its not as hard as people say.but i did forget to use lancet on him so i never got nova :cry:

but theres one thing i still dont get....DO YOU ACTUALY GET LV4 SPHERES IN THERE??????? IF SO WHICH MONSTER GIVES THEM!!????!!!

XxSephirothxX
07-07-2005, 03:31 AM
When I first arrived there I pretty much died with a random battle or two, so I stuck by the entrance and save point, did a battle, replenished HP, and repeated. After a couple hours I went through the whole place, killed Omega Weapon very easily, and then went and beat the game. If you can survive in this place, you can beat the rest of the game easily.

Lon611
07-07-2005, 04:09 AM
It's an easier place to level up than the Monster Arena,

hmmm, not if u kno the trick with the master tonberry. thats easily capable of giving u 99 sphere levels after the battle, and isn't even a difficult battle. :tongue:

abrojtm
07-07-2005, 04:26 AM
If you happen to be lucky enough to open the chests in the right order, with none of them disappearing you can get some AWESOME treasure. This order changes randomly every gameplay though, and I'm not sure if you can save/load. It's also timed. Timing starts when you get to a chest. Here are some of the treasures:
Lv.4 Sphere
Turnover (MagicCounter CounterAttack)-Wakka
Lv.3 Sphere x2
Friend Sphere
Cactuar Wizard (Half MPcost)-Lulu
War Monger (DoubleAP DoubleOverdrive)
Teleport Sphere x2
WARP SPHERE x99 !!

Tai-Ti
07-07-2005, 04:31 AM
Sum of the fiends give ya good experience, and good items if you over-kill em, You can steel rare items from omega/ultima weapon, and they too give a fait bit of experience, and of course, the most important gain:
self-satisfaction :D

boys from the dwarf
07-07-2005, 07:42 AM
if you open all of the chests in the omega ruins and get something from all of them(choose the right one.)you get 99 master sphere.it might of been warp sphere but im not sure.

abrojtm
07-07-2005, 09:13 AM
if you open all of the chests in the omega ruins and get something from all of them(choose the right one.)you get 99 master sphere.it might of been warp sphere but im not sure.

Yea, it's Warp Sphere x99, if you look up just a pinch, you can see most of the treasures that you can obtain by opening chests in the Omega Ruins.

Also, the Omega Ruins are the only place to get Blue Magic: Nova, and the only place to Capture the monsters that reside there (most of them at least).

Tai-Ti
07-07-2005, 12:43 PM
Warp Sphere x99? I didnt no that, i hosuld have been more carefull when opening the chests not to open the ones with the fiends inside! :D

rubah
07-07-2005, 08:09 PM
It's an easier place to level up than the Monster Arena,

hmmm, not if u kno the trick with the master tonberry. thats easily capable of giving u 99 sphere levels after the battle, and isn't even a difficult battle. :tongue:

Okay, so what I meant was 'the fiends are easier to kill to level up, so that by the time you kill them without immediately fear of death, your magus sisters *might* be tough enough to kill earth eater without dying much'

hockeydude
07-07-2005, 09:43 PM
what iis this master tonberry trick everyone keeps talking about :s

abrojtm
07-07-2005, 10:40 PM
what iis this master tonberry trick everyone keeps talking about :s

Overdrive->AP
Triple Overdrive
Triple AP

Overdrive Mode: Stoic...

I'd explain it in more detail if I had the time, but I'm sure someone will step in and tell you more about it.

rubah
07-07-2005, 11:28 PM
Throw double ap on there also, for a good time.

It requires having three characters, with weapons that have overdrive->ap and a variable number of the double/triple overdrive/ap abilities.

Two people have theirs set to comrade, and one set to stoic. The one with stoic should have the lest hp of the three.

Initiate a battle with a *don* tonberry and have the person with least hp attack. Counterattack is dealt out on a 'how much damage have they done?' basis. No one's overdrives should move at all.

Revive, and slap him around. Haste the attacker over and over to get more strikes in. Use auto-life if you have it.

Repeat until dead. Hopefully you have 99 sphere levels. YOu can start attacking witht he other members when the guy stops walking towards you xD

Also on Rubah's super happy funwithspherelevels time.

King Cactuar!

This guy is slightly more difficult, because he's more random. But who can go wrong with attacks of 99999? It's more or less the same strategy, except with more hasting, and you might want to reconsider whether to use stoic or comrade.

Yuffie514
07-08-2005, 12:42 AM
1) an excellent training place
2) powerful fiends
3) rare items and equipment

...Great Malboro is one of the toughest fiends. never give him a chance to use Bad Breath b/c he'll make ur characters suffer slow deaths. i prevent this by adding useful abilities to my equipment, especially First Strike. it allows a character to be the first to start a battle. if one of ur characters have it, have 'em use Provoke. Great Malboro never uses Bad Breath on me when i Provoke him.

Aurora_sword
07-08-2005, 02:57 PM
yes, well
it has ultima and omega weapon so, worth a look and the al bhed primer 26 down't forget

hockeydude
07-08-2005, 04:04 PM
how do you get triple ap :S:S

Legendary Caladbolg
07-10-2005, 09:14 PM
Also, the Omega Ruins are the only place to get Blue Magic: Nova

You can also get nova from Nemisis in the monster arena. Although it takes a really long time to unlock him.

MAS82587
07-10-2005, 09:29 PM
u get some good items and fight a couple of optional bosses.

Ifrite
07-20-2005, 03:01 PM
To get many levels!! it's a very good place to get some exp./levels. :p

thw waxing moon
07-27-2005, 01:03 PM
Nova

nuff said

Cruise Control
07-27-2005, 03:00 PM
How do I get nova in there??

Savannah
07-27-2005, 07:03 PM
I'm curious about this Nova thing that apparently I missed out on (didn't Lancet Omega).

Shalashaska
07-27-2005, 09:19 PM
Nova is the 'ultimate' overdrive for Kimahri, though it's really nothing special (it doesn't even have an original animation). If you missed taking it from Omega you can Lancet Nemesis in the MA as an alternative.

Yuna1
07-27-2005, 09:29 PM
meh, I don't use Kimarhi all that much anyway. But I agree with the training and gil thing. That was very useful. Thanks to all the training I did, I beat the aeons in one blow, and Yu Yevon wasn't that hard also. (Either way Yu Yevon wouldnt be hard, because all I did was zombie attack, and then use Life on it :D he he he)

KuRt
07-27-2005, 11:54 PM
It's an easier place to level up than the Monster Arena, but it goes more quickly than Zanarkand.
You can get a TON of spheres from monsters and chests.
You learn a blue magic (Nova).
It's got really good music that you only hear in a couple other parts of the game.
Two 'super' bosses (which aren't that superxD).
You need it for capturing monsters.
And it looks cool