PDA

View Full Version : Biased Driving

Hawkeye
07-06-2005, 09:07 PM
Better drivers? Males or females?

Rye
07-06-2005, 09:08 PM
I guess both are good, I've seen some female monster truck drivers.

omnitarian
07-06-2005, 09:10 PM
I think they're both equally awful.

P.S. This topic reminded me of Rasputen (http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/member.php?u=14023). Thanks a lot.

boris no no
07-06-2005, 09:12 PM
aleins.
obviously

SomethingBig
07-06-2005, 09:14 PM
I learned from my driving class that teenage females are better than teenage males, but older males are better than older females. Or the other way around. All I know is that I've gotten close to some pickles on the rode.

Psychotic
07-06-2005, 09:16 PM
I voted for males because I am a man and I have never driven but if I did I could win the racing championship super cup tournament trophy and still have time to beat Gorbachev in an arm-wrestle, with the fate of the free world on the line!

Garnie
why pick on the women?????????

Shoeberto
Males
- Speed demons.
- No concern for those on the road with them.
Females
- Cell phone demons.

Conclusion: Take it on a case-by-case basis.

Xaven
07-06-2005, 09:39 PM
Males
- Speed demons.
Females
- Cell phone demons.

Conclusion: Take it on a case-by-case basis.

Well, that sums it up.

Old Manus
07-06-2005, 09:48 PM
Heard the saying:

"DAMNED WOMAN DRIVERS!"?

My 2000th post!

Agent Proto
07-06-2005, 09:48 PM
I'm safe. I'll have to go with males being the better drivers.

Cruise Control
07-06-2005, 10:05 PM
I believe that in general women are a ble to keep a level head in a vehicle, more so then men

rubah
07-06-2005, 10:21 PM
I feel safer when my dad drives.

I learned to drive from him. (I put my mom out of mind as a bad example to follow xD)

So in theory, I drive like a man.

ShunNakamura
07-06-2005, 10:27 PM
I don't know.. at my school it seems it is always the females getting in wrecks and stuff.. though thier accidents are far less severe then the ones the guys get in.

Lets put it this way. The guys like to go fast and ramp things. But most in my class have enough brains to do it where no one else is at.. so while dangerous they tend to only damage their own cars when something does go wrong.

The females.. not sure why but they have a habit of ditching themselves alot.. or blowing thier engine out. This one girl in my class went through 3 chars or so in 3 months. And I know for a fact that she attempts to drive safe. One time her engine blew up. several times she ditched herself. once totalling the car and gettting severe whiplash.

So here it simply is girls have more incidents but usually have no injuries from them(the one I said above was the only girl that I can recall needing medical attention in a car crash for a couple years here) whereas when the guys do wreck and need attention it is a big one. Broken ribs, arms, legs, severe whiplash etc. 60-80mph crashes cause a lot more damage then the girls who wreck going 40-55 in the country.

Kirobaito
07-06-2005, 10:59 PM
Insurance companies seem to think that girls are the better drivers, at least amongst teenagers. though from my experience over the year and month and a half, I know of a dozen girls that have totalled their cars, and not a single guy. ;)

ShunNakamura
07-06-2005, 11:10 PM
The girls though tend to drive safer.. even if they do wreck more. The guys however have a habit of pushing the limits or living on the edge.

Also I think guys tend to care more for thier cars then girls do. To a guy a car isn't just a simple machine to get you to work, it is a way of life. Or os it is here.

Maxico
07-06-2005, 11:14 PM
Males kill some
Females kill some
Xenomorphs kill all

Little Miss Awesome
07-06-2005, 11:14 PM
why pick on the women?????????
Exactamondo! Women are the best man! :cool:
There is no proof either sexes are better drivers as far as I know, but I think women are, because in my experience, they are less prone to road rage!

ShunNakamura
07-06-2005, 11:21 PM
The road rage thing is true. Seems females are more laid back when driving then men. Though a freind of mine drives 70 some down country roads and she is female so.... Doesn't like to waste time driving I guess.

But whenever there is need for caution she takes it.. whereas most guys I know will throw caution to the wind... though they rarely if ever wreck. I guess they got good intuition when driving... wish I had some.

Reles
07-06-2005, 11:24 PM
I've never really thought about it. I'm not about to judge on it either, I feel each person is different, I'm not gonna stereotype genders here. Just me. :)

So my vote is "No opinion."

fire_of_avalon
07-06-2005, 11:27 PM
I'm one of the better drivers amongst all of my friends/relatives, so kiss it. *runs over you all*

T-MaN
07-06-2005, 11:30 PM
Females are much better drivers than men. That is all.

Levian
07-06-2005, 11:32 PM
Males are better than females at driving, because I'm a male.

Hawkeye
07-06-2005, 11:45 PM
Males are better than females at driving, because I'm a male.
THANK YOU Ive been waiting for a comment like this

Sasquatch
07-07-2005, 12:38 AM
Though males do tend to get into more costly wrecks, females get into many times that amount of minor accidents--backing into things, dents, scraping paint, alignment, etc. Things that aren't usually reported on insurance...whereas it's difficult NOT to report a totalled pickup truck to the insurance, so guys have more expensive insurance than women.

Also, most young guys tend to get into accidents when they're showing off or testing their vehicle's limits, whereas most accidents women get into are simply because they don't pay attention.

ShunNakamura made some good points, as with males respecting their vehicle more.

edczxcvbnm
07-07-2005, 12:50 AM
Men = good drivers. How female drivers do you see in Nascar? I thought so! I swear when ever I am pissed at the driver in front of it is either old people or women. Old women are the worst. The drive slower than I can walk.

Xaven
07-07-2005, 12:52 AM
Old women are the worst. The drive slower than I can walk.
That's hilarious!

Sasquatch
07-07-2005, 12:55 AM
How female drivers do you see in Nascar?

That's probably because women don't get the simple satisfaction from driving that men do. It's not just that every race would be a demolition derby, it's that women don't intentionally take as many chances with their cars and push 'em to their limits (as racing would require), women don't (for the most part) enjoy driving as much as men do (how many women do you see with a standard transmission?)...and, of course, women don't merge well. ;)

And NASCAR is dumb.

Samuraid
07-07-2005, 01:13 AM
There are both good and bad drivers regardless of gender.

Sasquatch: sounds about right. :)

Shlup
07-07-2005, 01:14 AM
I think the fact that girls get cheaper car insurance just for the fact that they're not male speaks for itself.

Though I admit I'm an awful, awful driver.

Yamaneko
07-07-2005, 02:19 AM
Where I live it doesn't make a difference.

Rusty
07-07-2005, 03:54 AM
I think it comes down to the individual person rather than gender. So I'm neutral.

edczxcvbnm
07-07-2005, 04:58 AM
[QUOTE=edczxcvbnm]And NASCAR is dumb.

I wish everyone realized this statement :cry:

Shoeberto
07-07-2005, 05:05 AM
I do ;_;

lordblazer
07-07-2005, 05:18 AM
WEll i can see if it was who takes better care of there car.Since the answer to that is obvisously males and very few females.

With whose a safer driver.WEll I would have to say neither and you really can't generalise.In atlanta you will run across an equal amount of crazy drivers both males and females.The whole thing with safe driving is that/.WEll id ont get it why can't people just drive safe dont cut poeple off.I mean when you get in a car and start the ignition your in a freaking death trap!!!

SNOOZER
07-07-2005, 05:28 AM
Peter: Don't be silly Lois, you know it's illegal for women to drive. Hehehe, women driving, that's cute.

Winter Nights
07-07-2005, 05:35 AM
Peter: Don't be silly Lois, you know it's illegal for women to drive. Hehehe, women driving, that's cute.

Mwehehehehe...

Anyway.. It varies. I've seen some crappy driving from both sides.

Raistlin
07-07-2005, 06:15 AM
My father: very laid-back driver. Very little road-rage. Very few tickets.

My mother: very un-laid-back driver. Yells and bitches at other cars. Hits curbs. Has had plenty of tickets.

My male friends: idiots, but only one accident and few tickets.

My female friends: 5907450947850942850 warnings but few tickets because they're teenage and have breasts, several accidents.

In my experience, males tend to be the ones either driving 20 mph over the speed limit, or riding the left-hand lane going only 5 mph over in a truck. Females tend to cut in and out because they have no clue where they're going, have no idea of the concept "stay right, pass left," and traffic tends to back up behind female drivers. They hit curbs and scratch other cars(whereas males, as someone mentioned, tend to care a lot more about their cars). And any woman over 60 should not be allowed anywhere NEAR a steering wheel. Driving 10 mph under the speed limit in the left-hand lane should be punishable by immediate execution.

Basically, most people just suck at driving. However, women drivers are BY FAR the most irritating on the road. I don't care who is statistically the most accident prone or whatever - I just know that the cars that irritate me the most are typically being driven by women.

Case in point: I know a girl who drove for a couple of days with the oil light on. The engine blew up(not much of an exaggeration). She has done this more than once. What male would do that?

ShunNakamura
07-07-2005, 07:43 AM
And any woman over 60 should not be allowed anywhere NEAR a steering wheel.

Heh.. that reminds me when I went in to get my permit there was this old lady at least 60 possibly nearing her 80's. Anyways she had just failed the written part of the exam for the third time. And what is worse is that the old woman's daughter vouched for the fact that she keeps on study with the old woman! "that's just terrible" is what she kept saying. Missed somewhere around 20. What was my point? :rolleyes2

Case in point: I know a girl who drove for a couple of days with the oil light on. The engine blew up(not much of an exaggeration). She has done this more than once. What male would do that?

Sounds much like my freind I was talking bout earlier. Whoa wee... always late to class... blows up her car multiple times... doesn't change the oil.. and when she does.. well she put in too much(according to my male freinds who actually know somthing about cars) and forgot to put on the oil cap.. then tried to drive to school about 10 below out side. Anyways she ruined her engine. Bad bad bad bad.... oh yes if I recall right her insurance is less then that of guys at our school despite the fact she has been in numerous accidents. just not enough to warrant the insurance to cover it I guess.

Devourment
07-07-2005, 10:22 AM
I think female drivers are better 'cause they are more catious about things.