PDA

View Full Version : I'm Freakin' Out here, man!!

BizzerocitY
07-06-2005, 09:13 PM
Dude, it's like chapter 3 and the Sphere Break tourny, and I SUCK at math, as in, I've taken Algebra 1 for about 4 years now, I cannot do it at all. I barely, barely, barely met the quota of *20* in 15 turns for my first two rounds, and I know I can take the third round down, I just hunt for wusses to battle, but I have no idea how I'm going to take out Shinra for Leblanc's Lady Luck Dressphere, and I know I can do the tourny in chap 5, but it's twice as hard *following the Blackestmage's Guide on Gamefaqs*. Any recommendations on how to take 'im out? I don't think I'll be able to... What's this echo stuff? I don't understand it, does it add double to your quota and stuff? I don't get Sphere Break, it logically makes no sense to me, as I am a literature/arts person not a mathematician. This has to be THE WORST mini game evar.

Cruise Control
07-06-2005, 09:20 PM
Ive spent two thirds of my 99 hrs playing sphere break and digging up coins, get a family member who is mathematically inclined, go back top where the tourny started and let your family member read the rules

BizzerocitY
07-06-2005, 09:34 PM
I thought about doing that, but replace family member with Friend, because my family thinks it's stupid and make fun of me for liking anime and playing Final Fantasy.

Cruise Control
07-06-2005, 09:37 PM
OK, works either way

BizzerocitY
07-06-2005, 09:38 PM
Or plan B) Lose a bitch load to Shinra, get pissed, break something, then try again later, and keep going 'til I perservere.

Tidus5
07-06-2005, 11:13 PM
I just posted this in another thread. You dont need to be especially mathmatically inclined to have this work (havent taken a single math class in college). Trust me, this makes it a LOT easier.

If you use the same number of coins each time, you create an 'echo' and the points multiply and rack up quickly. I beat Shinra on the first time because I used this. I reccomend using 3 coins each time. Its important to remember that if you stop using the same number of coins, the echo goes back to nothing and you have to start over again (sort of like the gunner's gauntlet). Since there arent many turns, its wise to keep on the same track. When you beat Shinra I think you get either an item or a cool dressphere (Im not 100% sure on that). Also, if you get enough echos in one game, you score the 'Treasure Hunter' dressphere which is rare and allows you to use thief skills anytime.

I hope this all makes sense! and P.S. why dont they ever say Tidus' name in X2? Its annoying!

Cruise Control
07-06-2005, 11:26 PM
Because they let you name Tidus, and if they said it the people who renamed Tidus, and were dumb would be confused.

BizzerocitY
07-06-2005, 11:36 PM
I know about the echoes but for some reason the game hates me and decides to screw me up, plus I try and do it as fast as possible, because I don't like the time limit pressure. This sucks, I've lost like 5 times, I'm never going to get past this part of the game. I'll pick it up a month later and still love 5 times in a row. I'm so pissed off right now, it's not even funny. The echoes I figured out, but still can't ultilize very well, I guess you have to think ahead.

Tidus5
07-07-2005, 12:17 AM
Just be patient and dont freak because of the time limit. I got down to some where I had less than 5 seconds left but I pulled it off. Anyway, best advice is to just keep trying! If you get mad, you should print out a picture of Yuna since she is so smokin in X2 and put it next to your TV. Then, when you mess up you could be like AAAARGGGH!!!! but wait, she is so hot....

BizzerocitY
07-07-2005, 12:55 AM
lol, I have a strategy I'm gonna post later... I have to go to church now. Praying might help too, that's part of my strategy.

EDIT STRATEGY IN NOW:

If you can pause the clock in any way, perhaps by pressing select to "quit" then cancelling such an action, I figure I can memorize all the numbers for each round, as I progress, and wrote out all the multiples of the core number, I would then have ample time to think about the choices I had to get echoes each time, and win the game.

I also realised, that having cores of 1's in a row is not at all a bad thing, and by turn 10, if all I have were cores of one's I could still meet the quota because echo's still count for core coins, too, I think.

Would strategy number 1 work? Is there a way to pause the timer, and mull over my options for optimal efficiency, or is this a lost dream, and I'll have to think under pressure, which is in math's case, not very appealing to me...?

BizzerocitY
07-07-2005, 03:20 AM
*bump* For awareness purposeses.

Tidus5
07-07-2005, 03:27 AM
lol im not sure if either of those would work. my best advice is to stop trying to 'beat the system' and just work hard!

by the way, i think this smilie is really cool :fencing:

BizzerocitY
07-07-2005, 05:06 AM
Well I beat him, so this topic's closed, unless someone just has to say something else.