PDA

View Full Version : game snacks

Cloud No.9
07-06-2005, 11:21 PM
what are the best snack to eat while playing games?

CloudSquallandZidane
07-06-2005, 11:31 PM
I eat wendys...
mountain dew
sparks
mikes hard lemonade

Erdrick Holmes
07-06-2005, 11:33 PM
Fish sticks, french fries, pizza rolls, potato chips.

Pretty much stuff you can find arond the house and put together and somehow make something delicious makes gamer grub. One time I was playing games with my friends at my house and I made a big bowl of nachos and used pizza sause with mozzerlla hceese melted in it as dip. GOD that was good.

Cloud No.9
07-06-2005, 11:40 PM
i don't like crisps (or potato chips as americans call them) as gaming grub, too much oil and greasy and so cause creasy button syndrome. not good.

Erdrick Holmes
07-06-2005, 11:43 PM
Some kinds are not greasy. Like Pringles, they come in a can stacked on top of eachother.

Flying Mullet
07-06-2005, 11:47 PM
I can't stand eating snacks when I play games because you always get the salt, crumbs, etc... on the controller. So unless I can use a fork to eat it I don't eat it when I play games.

Cloud No.9
07-06-2005, 11:51 PM
salt also makes the controller slippy, it's such ahorrible experience.

my choice of food? dried banana chips.

Flying Mullet
07-06-2005, 11:52 PM
Uggh, a slippery controller makes my skin crawl. If I've been playing a game for a while I'll go wash my hands after a while after they get sweaty/oily so my controller won't get nasty. I need that controller that has the fans built into the handles to keep your hands dry. xD

Tama2
07-06-2005, 11:53 PM
I developed a way to eat pizza and not grease up my controller. I tihnk this makes me a sad man with a sad life. :p

Flying Mullet
07-06-2005, 11:55 PM
Or an eccentric genius!

Tama2
07-06-2005, 11:57 PM
Or an eccentric genius!

Mwhahahahahaha. You can never know the secret style I use.

Vaprice
07-07-2005, 12:08 AM
tacos......

c'mon who doesn't want to have a fiesta when dante kicks butt! Hes a party animal!!!! rwar!

Xaven
07-07-2005, 12:28 AM
I like those cheap Top Ramen packages, but uncooked. All you have to do is spread the seasoning over the Ramen block and you're good to go with a (VERY) crunchy, salty snack!

I suppose Cheez-its work as well.

Erdrick Holmes
07-07-2005, 12:29 AM
Well, if you wanna eat pizza without getting grease on the controller, just hold the pizza with a napkin or something.

ZeZipster
07-07-2005, 12:32 AM
Combos, preferably Pretzel-Pizza ones. If not: sweets such as skittles are delicious.

omnitarian
07-07-2005, 12:35 AM
I generally tend to shy away from eating while playing games. But fruit snacks and sandwiches are my top picks.

Tidus5
07-07-2005, 12:35 AM
ummm..... pop tarts anyone??

Tama2
07-07-2005, 12:37 AM
Well, if you wanna eat pizza without getting grease on the controller, just hold the pizza with a napkin or something.

Not one of those new aged real pizzas. The old fashioned tv dinner ones.

Chibi Angel
07-07-2005, 01:13 AM
Salt and Vinegar flavoered Pringles, ice-cream and fruitsnacks.

Markus. D
07-07-2005, 03:19 AM
Food.... Food... ummm... Food.

i eat dinner and lunch and sometimes breakky.

but snack wise i eat chocolate or cadbury dairy milk.

Shoeberto
07-07-2005, 03:33 AM
Small candies that you can just grab. Sticky candy isn't good, greasy food isn't good, salty foods aren't good. I get things I can eat with one hand without having to wipe my hand off before grabbing the controller again.

My favorites are swedish fish and smartees.

Erdrick Holmes
07-07-2005, 03:34 AM
Try vodka poured from a brita water pitcher.

Winter Nights
07-07-2005, 03:35 AM
I can't stand eating snacks when I play games because you always get the salt, crumbs, etc... on the controller. So unless I can use a fork to eat it I don't eat it when I play games.

But I will drink Mountain Dew or Dr. Pepper.

Erdrick Holmes
07-07-2005, 03:46 AM
No caffine drinks for me. Even while I'm gaming I avoid caffine drinks.

Dragoon Kain
07-07-2005, 03:56 AM
cheddar flavored gold fish and root beer or a&w sparkling vanilla cream soda!

Spammerman
07-07-2005, 03:57 AM
anything that makes me hyper.

DJZen
07-07-2005, 04:41 AM
Oh man... I just can't mix the two. The only things I eat while playing cause me to have to pause the game all the time, so I'm doing more eating than playing. It'd be better if I just ate THEN played.

Meat Puppet
07-07-2005, 09:03 AM
the meat on my fingures and hands

Rase
07-07-2005, 09:14 AM
I just hit "Pause" and fix a proper snack, without being rushed.

Behold the Void
07-07-2005, 09:41 AM
I like fruits, they tend to not mess up my hands and are good snacks. My mother often chops up apples for us before dinner, I usually just grab a plate of that. Or grapes, if we have them.

Aphelion
07-07-2005, 06:44 PM
I drink coffee (playing games 'till midnight requires at least two cups of it) and eat something like a chocolate cake with a fork and a knife. Of course, there's only time to "fill the can" on load times, but "where there's a will, there's a way", right?

Necronopticous
07-07-2005, 06:49 PM
I need that controller that has the fans built into the handles to keep your hands dry. xDThe NYKO Air Flo controller, a great buy. Clammy/greasy controllers make me want to punch a baby.

Anyway, back on topic, beef jerky is probably my preferred game snack.

silverpigeon97
07-07-2005, 06:59 PM
sandwiches beef or chicken. Im eating 1 now actually with bbq sauce

kikimm
07-07-2005, 08:00 PM
I'll eat anything. It doesn't mater if the food's greasy/salty. Napkins/pants do the trick just fine.

:D

nik0tine
07-07-2005, 08:07 PM
I'll eat anything. It doesn't mater if the food's greasy/salty. Napkins/pants do the trick just fine.

Gross. That's not very womanly of you.

Necronopticous
07-07-2005, 08:28 PM
Perhaps kikimm is not a woman at all.

Cruise Control
07-07-2005, 08:44 PM
Fruit snacks, dorritos, chex mix w/ m&m's

Erdrick Holmes
07-07-2005, 08:44 PM
I got these pizza burritos at the grocery store today. They rule and are only 39 cents a piece. They make AWESOME game grub, just be sure to crack a window in your room if you have friends over, the amount of fiber in these things is murder.

kikimm
07-07-2005, 08:52 PM

Gross. That's not very womanly of you.

xD Hey, pants are reusable, and rewashable. Napkins are not.

And I am very much woman. :cool:

Cless
07-07-2005, 09:00 PM
A coke is usually always by my side while I game. I don't usually eat while gaming though. I find it very impractical struggling over food and a pad. Or maybe there's just a skill to it which I lack. :p

Oh, I forgot, sometimes I chew gum while I get my game on, though that hardly counts as eating. ;)

Lady Selphie
07-07-2005, 09:07 PM
Whoa, who can you eat while you are playing guys :D I can`t play and eat at the same time, unless I take break and continue playing.

Cloud No.9
07-07-2005, 09:12 PM
oh yes you can eat while gaming. a quick handful while respawning in timesplitters. during really long cut scenes in ff. after snapping the final guy in the areas neck in mgs3. and when you are just running around and can use just one hand for a while (no bad thoughts you keep those to yourself).

Erdrick Holmes
07-07-2005, 09:25 PM
I can eat a sandwich and play Street Fighter 3 at the same time. When it comes to food and video games I multitask.

Spammerman
07-07-2005, 10:19 PM
I eat and play the game by using my toes to play and my hands and face to eat.

GooeyToast
07-08-2005, 01:51 AM
Usually some green grapes.

Mmmmmm....

Spammerman
07-08-2005, 01:55 AM
ive been thinkin about how to make a game feeder, so ppl can eat while playing games.And drink.

omnitarian
07-08-2005, 01:57 AM
Eating while gaming isn't too hard. For RPGs, you can just take time to eat while wading through text, and for everything else, well... there will always be some point where you can grab a bite before the game continues.

Or you could buy a feedbag and tie it to your face. That's what I do. :spin:

GooeyToast
07-08-2005, 01:59 AM
Awesome

Spammerman
07-08-2005, 02:11 AM
the only bad thing is itll take a lot of brain storming.

Black Mage
07-08-2005, 02:12 AM
I generally don't eat while gaming. As much as I would like to, the effort outweighs the benefits.

Hroth
07-08-2005, 03:17 AM
I only eat when i'm hungry so if i'm hungry while I play a game I just pause, make something to eat, come back and walk very slowly in the game while eating. The thing I always have whenever i'm playing games though is water... I love water.

RedCydranth
07-08-2005, 06:37 AM
For some reason, gaming MAKES me hungry. I'm the kind of guy who will pause the game, go start to prepare food (like ramen most likely) and forget the waters on the burner and hear it boil over because I forgot. Or I'll toss a burrito in the microwave and forget its there for half an hour, then remember, go retrieve it only for it to be room temperature and need further microwavage.

I find the best foods for eating while playing are gummi bears (I don't know how you eat gummi bears, but i try not to slobber all over my hands and get them sticky, Gummi bears arent that sticky unless water is applied to them), pretzels (those big grains of salt arent hard to brush off your finger if one happens to stick to your skin). Sandwiches and bowls of cereal are decent. You can take a bite when the disc loads or while text is going.

The following is a list of bad snacks I composed because of personal trials. If you can do it, great for you, Pro. I can't and i can't fathom most people can.
BAD SNACKS:
Pizza (greasy!)
Cheetos (that cheesy stuff gets all up in the controller.)
Doritos (see Cheetos)
Steak (if it requires 2 hands its a no go. You ALWAYS need one hand on the X button. Also, if you eat steak as a snack, I now dub you Uncle Rico)
Pancakes (if you have the time to prepare pancakes, you have the time to eat them properly. If someone went through the trouble of making you pancakes, show them respect by pausing the game and eating them properly. Oh, wash your mitts afterward because syrup is stickier than any other substance known to man.)
Cereal straight from the box. (Every guy loves this snack but its a no-no for gamers. Most cereals are either sticky, crumby or have sugar on them that get your hands all gooey. Avoid this treat at all costs!)
Chocolate (Dispite the slogan, it DOES melt in your hand)
Starburst (the 2 hands rule with unwrapping, and they somehow tend to make your hands stick, no matter how hard you try.)
Goldfish/Cheez-Its (they get tiny crumbs on your hands and soon you'll notice the seem on your controller has turned orange. Not good on the controller.)
Potato Chips of ANY sort (They all got grease, and even though pringles has less grease, they have powdered salts that will infiltrate your controller and we don't want that, do we.)
Popcorn. (good for movies, not for gaming. Salt and butter are deadly to your controller, not only does the butter slimey up your paddle, but the salt will get in the grooves by the buttons and its ALL over..ok, not all over but avoid doing that)

Basically, dont eat lightly salted, crumby, cheesy, sticky, greasy food. Good foods are foods that you can eat with one hand, and dont require you fingers to actually touch the food. If they do, make sure that if anything that gets on them can easily be wiped off by your trouser leg.

GooeyToast
07-08-2005, 06:40 AM
You cooked up quite a list there, eh?

Cloud No.9
07-08-2005, 12:24 PM
mini cheddars are good.

GooeyToast
07-08-2005, 12:26 PM
Too much cheese.

I like fruit & stuff. No mess.

RedCydranth
07-08-2005, 01:58 PM
Fruits can be juicy. Most berries and citrus are too jiucy and sticky. Pears, Apples and Grapes would be the best fruits to eat. Bananas are ok, but they can be menacing with the required 2 hands to peel.

Lady Selphie
07-08-2005, 02:29 PM
Eating while gaming isn't too hard. For RPGs, you can just take time to eat while wading through text, and for everything else, well... there will always be some point where you can grab a bite before the game continues.

Or you could buy a feedbag and tie it to your face. That's what I do. :spin:

I think you`re right, but you can`t make yourself busy in two things.

Lady Selphie
07-08-2005, 02:31 PM
Eating while gaming isn't too hard. For RPGs, you can just take time to eat while wading through text

I think you`re right, but you can`t make yourself busy in two things.

Spammerman
07-08-2005, 04:59 PM
or you can play with one hand or your toes and grab some food.

crashNUMBERS
07-08-2005, 05:02 PM
Frozen pizza!! Yeah that it!! j/k. Umm. I dunno. Popcorn??

KuRt
07-08-2005, 07:48 PM
A lots of energydrink. You can keep on playing ;)

GooeyToast
07-08-2005, 07:51 PM
Too much grease with popcorn.

Xander
07-08-2005, 08:29 PM
When I played FFIX it was always pot noodles! But I don't like them anymore.

Now, definately jaffa cakes! And Pepsi Max ^_^