PDA

View Full Version : Something that bugs me

BizzerocitY
07-07-2005, 03:04 AM
Why doesn't the game ever address that Yuna and Rikku are cousins? Cid= Yuna's Uncle. Cid= Rikku's dad. Cid's sister was Yuna's mom (she mentions she's half Al Bhed on her mother's side) Which equals she's cousin's with Rikku. I want there to be family there. Then Yuna and Tidus get married and somehow they're all a big happy family, and Tidus and Yuna's kids can grow up with Wakka and Lulu's kids, and it'll be cool. But no, FFX/-2 never mentions the family there!!!!!!!!!!!

Tidus5
07-07-2005, 03:16 AM
its prolly cause Rikku is so dumb she hasnt figured it out yet....

jk everyone

BizzerocitY
07-07-2005, 03:19 AM
Also, where do Chocobo's appear in X-2 often, for catching purposes of course? I think I saw a couple at the thunder plains...

Markus. D
07-07-2005, 03:30 AM
there completely random i think.

from the moonflow to the whatever... THERE EVERYWHERE!!!

Tidus5
07-07-2005, 03:32 AM
Chocobos appear in almost every area where random battles occur except:
-bevelle
-lake macalania
-mt. gazaget
-mushroom rock road
-zanarkand ruins

just dont forget your gysahl greens

Tai-Ti
07-07-2005, 03:49 AM
with the rikku-yuna being cousins thing, they mention it in X. I also find this odd:
Yuna & Rikku= Cousins, therefore, Yuna & Brother= Cousins
and therefore, Brotehr has a wierd fetish obbession wit his own cousin.

Tidus5
07-07-2005, 04:00 AM
well.... brother does wear waders and has hella tatoos and piercings... not to mention his crazy dances... he is a wierd one

abrojtm
07-07-2005, 04:03 AM
Yes, it's clearly addressed that Yuna and Rikku are cousins in FFX. Also, in order to catch chocobos, you have to first get Clasko aboard your ship (Chap. 1?), then in Chapter 3(?), go to Calm Lands he will hop off and run over towards the old Battle Arena. Go help him out there and you will be able to catch Chocobos.

BizzerocitY
07-07-2005, 05:03 AM
Oh I know about the Ranch, that's why i was wondering where they were. Do you have to have the trainer dresssphere in order to capture the damn yellow birds? Or can you capture them with any dress sphere (Currently harboring Yuna- White Mage, Rikku-Thief, Paine-Gun Mage).?

BTW, Where in X does it mention this? I beat the game 3 times, and going on a fourth after x-2, for purposes of doing every single thing available in X, like all the legendary weapons, all mini quests, all sphere grid on all characters, everything. All the way. Complete domination of the game. I just can't remember much of them talking about the family relationship there!

Tidus5
07-07-2005, 06:13 AM
you can catch chocobos anytime as long as you have the greens with you. if you use the greens on 'em in a battle they will become calm and just sit there, but if you attack them, they will most likely run away. After you kill off all the other enemies, feed greens to the bird again and hes yours!

abrojtm
07-07-2005, 06:17 AM
Yea, what Tidus said about Chocobos.

I think it explains it in X during the scene in which Yuna is kidnapped by Al Bhed Psyches.

Tidus5
07-07-2005, 06:23 AM
As for Yuna and Rikku being cousins, I knew I rememberd Rikku talking to Tidus about it. I found this in another thread. It was posted by Tai-Ti.

the ocnvo gose sumfink like:
Rikku: hey, do u think Yunie and me look the same?
tidus: I dunno, maybe
Rikku: oh, ok, beacause, Yunie and I are cousins you know? Yunies mum's brother, is my dad.
Tidus: Really, so i guess you could say your protectiong family
Rikku: Thats, not all i want to protect.
Tidus: heh?
Rikku: The Al Bhed want to protect all the summoners, they shouldn't have to sacrifice themselfs
Tidus: Um, Rikku, "Sacrifice themselves?"
Rikku: Yeah, you know, the pillgramage..it...takes alot outta you....
Tidus: oh, yeah. But Yuna's strong, she'll be fine
*Rikku rests her head on Tidus's back and puts her arms round his waist*
Tidus: huh, Rikku?
Rikku: I hope your right.

Tai-Ti
07-07-2005, 06:37 AM
not only is it mentioned there, but when u borad the airshio the first time to look 4 Yuna, Cid says "There's no way im gunna send my lil neice to her death"
and if u weren't payin attention then, when u talk to Wakka, he says:
"errr, Cid called Yuna his "niece" right? So that would make Yuna an Al Bhed right? Dont say it..... Yuna is Yuna, right"
and with the common knowledge that cid is Rikku's dad, u should b able to piece it together.

Squall of SeeD
07-07-2005, 12:09 PM
As has been said, it's addressed that Yuna and Rikku are cousins. As for Yuna and Brother, it should be kept in mind that the rest of the world is hardly so closed-minded as the United States when it comes to the concept of cousins having intimate relationships. 20% of all marriages in the world are between first cousins, and even 26 States in the US allow for them.

Tai-Ti
07-07-2005, 12:36 PM
20% of all marriages in the world are between first cousins
alright, i live in Australia, and i no that that's illigal here. But thats not wht this thread is about at the moment.

Winter Nights
07-07-2005, 12:56 PM
As has been said, it's addressed that Yuna and Rikku are cousins. As for Yuna and Brother, it should be kept in mind that the rest of the world is hardly so closed-minded as the United States when it comes to the concept of cousins having intimate relationships. 20% of all marriages in the world are between first cousins, and even 26 States in the US allow for them.

Err.. For other parts of the world maybe, but there is no place in the US that allows first cousins to marry. Second maybe in some states, but the general law is third.

BizzerocitY
07-07-2005, 07:17 PM
Well, thanks for clearing that up. When I pwn the game, I'm going to go check it out.

Cruise Control
07-07-2005, 09:11 PM
NOT CHOCO METEOR!