PDA

View Full Version : Moving

Erdrick Holmes
07-07-2005, 04:00 AM
I got news for everybody. I'm moving out of my parents house soon. I'll be living with my best friend. He's gonna get me a job at where he works at. Now I can do what I WANT. No more getting yelled at for making a snack, no more whining aboutl oud music. FREEEEDOOOOM! And only about 200 bucks a month becaue I'm splitting it with a friend.

Now for the topic. When you first moved away from your parents did youl ive on your own or with somebody else? If so, who and how did you like it?

RSL
07-07-2005, 04:01 AM
Heh, here's how it went for me.

First, my parents moved out and I stayed and lived by myself.

Later, I moved in with a friend.

Later still, back with my parents.

And finally, by myself again.

Strange.

Tidus5
07-07-2005, 04:02 AM
college baby...just got done with my first year. I dont think it gets any better than this

Winter Nights
07-07-2005, 04:07 AM
I lived by myself at first. My fiance at the time moved in about 4-5 months later, though.

Sasquatch
07-07-2005, 04:16 AM
I still haven't really "moved" away from my parents. I live with 'em now, but that's just until I go to college this fall.

I've never really needed to move away from my parents. When I got out of high school, I already knew I was going to Basic/AIT, so I figured I'd stay with them for another month and a half until I went there for four months. Then I got out and figured I'd stay with them for another two months or so until I got into spring semester of college...and before I could do that, I got deployed and lived (obviously away from home) in Iraq for a little more'n a year...then I came back, and I'm living with my parents for another six months before I finally get into college.

rubah
07-07-2005, 04:54 AM
I'm not in any hurry to move out, but I'm not even out of high school yetxD

edczxcvbnm
07-07-2005, 04:55 AM
I am in the process of moving out. I am going to buy a condo. Lots of considerations and it is a huge pain in the butt.

How much can you afford?
Is it a good hood?
How has property value been going in the area?
What are the ordinances of the area?
What about parking for visitors?
How easy would it be to remodel something?
Is there anything wrong?
Is it close enough to the train that I need to take down town?
Any pets allowed?
How much is property tax?
How much is insurance?
Is there a storage area?
Is there a garage?
Laundry Machines?
How much do I have to pay to get something like another room?
How many rooms can I get? Should I go with two big rooms or 3 moderate rooms?
Do I really need two bathrooms?
How does that affect resale?

I could keep going but I think you get the point.

Hawkeye
07-07-2005, 05:34 AM
I live in my parents guest house, all by myself

I'm 16 years old

Cless
07-07-2005, 05:55 AM
My mother threatens to throw me out to get a flat if I don't get a job or go back to school. She says that there is no such thing as "delayed sleep phase syndrome" and that I'm just lazy. :(

-N-
07-07-2005, 07:18 AM
I moved out when I went to college. It was pretty good, but then again, I never really had any problems living with my parents in the first place either. Still, it's nice to be a little more in control of how you live your life.

Shlup
07-07-2005, 07:22 AM
Counting your chickens before they've hatched, Joel? Tsk.

I officially moved out of my mother's house last September into a college apartment with three randomly selected roomates. It sucked but mostly because of the management in the building. My roomates were... okay.

Now I live with my fiancee in a one bedroom apartment. I can't do whatever I want because I have to consult my partner and all that gay crap, but I sure don't have to follow my stepfather's rules anymore. I was never allowed to have pets when I was young so now I have a freaking ton. :fpsun:

Silmaril
07-07-2005, 08:44 AM
My parents are insanely over protective. :( but I've just left high school and I'm not in a hurry to move.

Meat Puppet
07-07-2005, 08:46 AM
I live in the playboy mansion.

not lying.

boris no no
07-07-2005, 11:16 AM
still live at home. its relativly cheap and i have all my stuff here. dads hardly in and my brother and sister are moving out for uni
so i'll have a huge 6 bedroom house just about to myself :)

Peegee
07-07-2005, 01:25 PM
Ideally (read unlikely), I will be moved out within a year from now, but that's all speculative.

Plus it's not the best thing in the world *just* to be on your own.

Zerø
07-07-2005, 01:31 PM
I haven't moved out yet. Though I will after I've done my University / College courses. ^_^

Resha
07-07-2005, 02:39 PM
I'll probably...hopefully?? (aw, that's MEAN...but I do want my freedom!)...move out when I go to uni. I love my family although they do drive me nuts sometimes. xD Who doesn't?!

DMKA
07-07-2005, 03:49 PM
I'll be moving out when I go back to Cali this September. :)

SNOOZER
07-07-2005, 05:34 PM
I was out of the house right after highschool. It's a little bit different in the military. Living alone hasn't been too bad. Of course there's the mandatory weekly call from home, but it doesn't bother me. I do miss home cooking however. I can cook food myself but nothing beats the mother units food.

That's the only real advice I can give to everybody. Learn to cook for yourself. You'll be saving lots of money too. Eating out is expensive.