PDA

View Full Version : $@&! My ear!

Hawkeye
07-07-2005, 05:38 AM
Well, just tonight I came back from karate and while I was there, I sprained my foot. I tried to pull off a simple 360 (which in blantent terms, jump up in the air and kick around :rolleyes2 ) when to my stupidity, landed on the side of my foot. What's sad, is that I'm testing for my black in November. Its a while off, but cant be making mistakes like these :) It'll get better though

Anyways, curious, have you ever had any broken bones or injury in your lifetime? Please be as descriptive as possible with the pain.

My name is...something..?
07-07-2005, 05:40 AM
Nope, no broken bones for me.

Winter Nights
07-07-2005, 05:41 AM
I split my forehead at age 6. I tripped and fell, hitting the corner of a generator that was in our backyard.

kikimm
07-07-2005, 05:42 AM
No I haven't. But I'm afraid I'll jinx it if I go on and on about that. *freak*

:D

nik0tine
07-07-2005, 05:48 AM
No, I've never broken any bones, or ever been even remotely injured. The worst I've ever been through was when I stapled my own thumb when I was five or six years old.

-N-
07-07-2005, 05:49 AM
Fractured wrist and ankle. :\

Shoeberto
07-07-2005, 05:58 AM
No broken bones. I have hit myself in the nose with a pair of channel locks before, though. That was fun.

The pain was kind of like being punched in the nose, but instead of a fist it was a pair of channel locks, which, for comparison's sake, are about the same as a medium size wrench.

Xaven
07-07-2005, 06:04 AM
When I was seven or so, my older brother accidently threw a metal bar at my head and cracked my skull. I still remember the blood covering my hands. I got three (big) stitches. My mom removed them a few months later as I played Mechwarriors 2.

At my eighth birthday party, I slipped and fell (flew) off my friends trampoline. I don't remember if I hit the hard dirt, the sprinkler, or those bricks with my arm, but I broke both bones in my wrist They curled around each other like fingers do when you cross them. It hurt. After getting to urgent care at the nearest hospital, the doctor guy put on some gloves and twisted my bones back into alignment with his hands. I screamed. Afterward, I got a cast.

When I was in fifth grade (age ten), I was playing tetherball (as usual) during morning recess. I tried to catch the ball (but didn't) and it hit my right pinky head on. The force was so great the bottom bone of the three split and cracked apart. I didn't cry, but I was jumping up and down uncontrollably for a bit. The teacher on duty sent me to the nurse's office where my little finger swelled to the size of my thumb, became nearly immoble, and started to change colors. The nurse said I was fine and said to go back to class. Luckily my dad showed up right then and took me to urgent care at the Kaiser hospital in Fontana. I came back the next day with a full arm cast for my shattered pinky bone.

The End.

Erdrick Holmes
07-07-2005, 06:05 AM
I had the nail on my big toe completly removed in surgury adn the growth end burned off with acid. Boy THAT was fun.

SomethingBig
07-07-2005, 07:28 AM
-At the age of 5, I was pedalling too quickly on my bike with training wheels and I fell on my arm and broke it. I'm sure it was painful at the time because I was wailing so loudly that everyone came to my aid.

-I've twisted my ankle on several occasions. One time, a "friend" of mine tackled me and I sprained my wrist. It was like trying to stop a bullet train with just one hand. Every time my hand or arm moved even the slightest, I felt excruciating pain in my wrist.

-I've been punched in the face and stomach before. I've been kicked in THAT area and have also been hit by kickballs, footballs, basketballs, soccer balls, and tennis balls in said area on numerous occasions.

-I've experienced groinal pains after legpressing 400+ pounds.

-During a lightsaber battle with friends, recently, I received 3 blisters, 1-2 cuts, and a headache.

-I've done flat belly flops and have also landed flat on my back in pools.

I'm sure I've more.

Shlup
07-07-2005, 07:35 AM
I broke my leg just above the ankle while jumping over a flower garden in my aunt's backyard. I was playing with her dog. It didn't really hurt, and I didn't even go into the hospital until a couple of days had passed without the swelling going down.

That's it though.

Silmaril
07-07-2005, 08:20 AM
Nope, no bones broken.

Rase
07-07-2005, 09:44 AM
I've broken both arms in some way, at different times.

Right was broken when I was young (8 years or so) and I was playing on some wet logs while it was raining and fell on my arm, fracturing one of the bones about halfway. It just felt like a little bruise, so I wasn't too worried until we went to the doctor and he told be it was fractured. I just wore a hard cast for 6 weeks, though it was a pain since I'm right handed. I have no scars from this one.

As for my left arm, I was jumping over a railing that was about 3 feet high itself, and another three feet off the ground. Me and some friends were goofing around and when I jumped, I causght my foot, fell, and landed on my arm. Now, what doctors told me later is that one of the bones was broken clean through and had broken through the skin, before it hit the ground and was pushed back into place. The second bone was fractured in half, like my right had been. Now, the odd thing is, since this all happened in the space of about one second, I felt absolutely no pain at all. I couldn't move my arm at all, but it didn't hurt, which confused me. I ended up with surgery and now have a metal pin with six screws in it in my arm, and two nice scars that, apparently, draws everyones attention. :rolleyes2

Well, that's it. :)

Devourment
07-07-2005, 10:03 AM
The worst thing that I have done is stubbed my big toe on my left foot & ripped my nail off. The pain was quite bad.. I was in tears for 1 hour & there was blood everywhere. & my mum wasn't too happy about it.

Leene
07-07-2005, 10:09 AM
:save:...No,not really.:save:

Polaris
07-07-2005, 10:28 AM
Nope, notjhing broken ine me

boris no no
07-07-2005, 10:54 AM
nothing broken
but i once trod on a glass when very drunk at a friends house pasty. the glass smashed and i got a big shard in my foot (i was barefoot) being rather drunk i didn't notice it and proceeded on stepping the shard into my foot further. after the party my foot got all swollen and hurt so bad. i managed to find an end to the shard in my foot, got a few ice cubes and knumbed my foot, got some tweezers and pulled it out. i must say the pain was horrible.

Zerø
07-07-2005, 10:57 AM
I've never had any injurys in my lifetime & hopefully I won't be getting one soon.

Cruise Control
07-07-2005, 01:34 PM
I was riding my bike with my sister the day before my birthday and we were going to go straight but she took a right. I watched her go and BAM!!! I ran into the back of a parked jeep.

I decimated my entire right cheek and I now have metal plates as reconstruction, broke my right arm in 5 places I have a metal rod in it still, I broke my left arm in 2 place, and I broke one rib.

No pain, I was all wasn't I on a bike? How the hell did I wind up in someones yard. It hurt like hell when I came to though.