PDA

View Full Version : RPG Making

DelightfulSpekkio442
07-07-2005, 06:08 PM
I'd love to try my hand at making an RPG but don't know where to get a program - also I'm not sure which is the best version of RPG Maker to use. I know there's RPG Maker 2003 and also RPG Maker XP - what's the difference? Also, where can I get them?

crashNUMBERS
07-07-2005, 06:15 PM
Search for it on google or yahoo. Some sites let you download it. Thats how i found it...

Mercen-X
07-07-2005, 06:15 PM
Well, actually, getting the program is the least of your concerns. I downloaded RPG Maker and can't even use it.

DJZen
07-07-2005, 11:06 PM
I have no idea where you can get them. Finding programs like that is the internet equivalent of buying crack. You don't know where it is, and you probably don't want to.

As far as the differences between XP and 2k3, from what I hear it's rather drastic. XP uses higher resolution and real color (24 bit color), as well as variable sprite sizes. You can even use jpg files for some things in XP. In other words, the graphical capabilities of the system are MUCH better.

After that it just gets better. It uses a scripting language so making more unique games (custom menus, battle systems, etc.) is even easier than in 2k3. This pretty much opens up the doors for tons of innovation and gets rid of a lot of the limitations of 2k3's system.

Other than that, I don't know much about it. I'm still trying to find a copy myself.

Optium
07-07-2005, 11:45 PM
Download RPGMXP right now. I know the back alleys of the internet and
my man Tyrone hooks me up wit them rocks.

Huh?

Seriously though, you can get it--like everything ever made--at The
Pirate Bay (.org) using bittorent. Peace

.opt

Markus. D
07-09-2005, 02:36 PM
i imported myne and used a translasion patch so i could understand it all... maybey you could aswell. :)

Pheesh
07-09-2005, 02:54 PM
Well, actually, getting the program is the least of your concerns. I downloaded RPG Maker and can't even use it.

your computer is not compatible or the program is faulty....or you just havn't looked at the tutorial and suck with it, if that's the kind "can't even use it" that you mean.

Peace out and :rock:
EE