PDA

View Full Version : BB haters

Mystik_Ninja
07-07-2005, 06:27 PM
If the Blackbelt is the worst character then why is he so economic all the way through the game and the most powerful at level50? And I am not saying that he IS the worst character. But *some* people sure seam to hate him. Anyone who does feel that the BB is the worst character I would appreciate your view point.

Butz
07-08-2005, 01:06 AM
I'm at level 13 and the Master does the least damage in my party :cry:

Though only reason I had the BB is what I've heard about the huge potential in later levels.. I know he'll hit more if I unequip him..

Black Mage FF1
07-08-2005, 01:59 AM
I'm at level 13 and the Master does the least damage in my party :cry:

Though only reason I had the BB is what I've heard about the huge potential in later levels.. I know he'll hit more if I unequip him..

Unequip him then. At level 13 the Master should almost be just as strong as the Knight. He should be stronger then the RW and Ninja too.

Mystik_Ninja
07-08-2005, 02:21 AM
Yes do unequip him. And remember that the BB is much weaker in non-NES versions. Right now my party reached level 13. It consists of F/F/RM/BB. Right now the BB has much more potenial to score a big attack since he gets more hits in, but the F's are more likely to do the real damage, especially since they are paired up.

boys from the dwarf
07-08-2005, 07:15 AM
i dont see why people hate the blackbelt.hes a useful and non expensive character.

theundeadhero
07-08-2005, 07:37 AM
I usually use a black belt. Right from the start I never equip him with anything. For the first few levels it's rough, but then he starts to get them hits in and by level 6 or 7 it's completely worth it.

On the NES version.

Xaven
07-08-2005, 07:37 AM
I like Black Belts and Masters quite a bit.

Rengori
07-08-2005, 08:12 AM
I wouldn't say I hate black belts, but I certainly don't use them often. I don't like having to wait so long to get good stats. A fighter, a thief, a white mage, and a black mage are usually who I start out with. I've never really found BBs very useful.

Captain Maxx Power
07-08-2005, 11:55 AM
Reasons to love the BB:

- Cheap as chips
- Hits hard, very hard...at later levels
- Who doesn't like smacking monsters with their bere fists? It's just so macho

Reasons to hate the BB:

- No Magic. So that's no healing, no support, and no attack spells
- Can only attack one monster at a time
- Piss poor defense. He's melee and you need to put him near the back
- BB = Master pretty much. I hear one's got more Magic Defense than the other, but that's about it.

Think what you will, I don't believe in "useless classes" in RPGs.

theundeadhero
07-08-2005, 12:47 PM
My Black Belt is always in the second character slot and he never dies. I don't heal him any more than the rest of the party members.

Mystik_Ninja
07-08-2005, 01:41 PM
Yes its true, there is no such thing as a useless character class. But I do match the BB with a support class to help with healing him. A note on the NES version, since the BB does not need to be equipped, he creates alot of extra space to hold those rare pieces of equipment that can be used as items. This allows him to cast HEAL, ICE2, LIT2, FIR2, etc. And makes him more versatile in combat and very useful if your Knights are hogging alot of the equipment slots in your party and you don't want to get rid of anything valuable.

Meat Puppet
07-08-2005, 02:10 PM
The black belt is the only real man. Followed closely by the white mage.