PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy X Challenge

TasteyPies
07-07-2005, 06:41 PM
This is for the people who say the game is too easy, or those that just want to play the game again for the 6th time.

-Keep all characters in their own sections of the sphere grid. In other words do not take anyone down anyone else’s path. "Kihmari thinks Rikku should stay Rikku." Keep everyone in their intended areas.
-Do not obtain any legendary weapons.
-Never use any aeons, unless you are fighting Belgamine or another summoner or yuna gets her overdrive grand summon, in which case they must be dismissed as soon as they use one overdrive.
-Do not obtain the extra aeons, Anima, Yojimbo, or the Magus Sisters.
-Do not build up the stats of your aeons
-Do not obtain double-cast for Lulu, for me at least she hits just hard enough.
-Cannot use Dark Matters or Mega Elixirs in battle.
-Do not purposely spend time charging overdrives before a battle.
-You may spend much time as you want learning overdrives and overdrive modes.
-You may spend as much time as you want customizing weapons, in fact, you are going to need to. Just don't waste time on break damage or hp limit, cause you aren’t going to get close anyway :P

For me I'm facing Braskas Final Aeon right now and getting pwned when he uses his super jecht shot overdrive. All my characters are between 2000-4000hp and they do 700-1300 damage in melee and 5000-7000 damage with magic.

If anyone thinks thats not enough of a challenge, please post suggestions.

Necronopticous
07-07-2005, 06:45 PM
I don't really know if I'd call this a challenge more than a set of stipulations that make the game slightly more difficult. Usually a challenge consists of ruling out something that is usually a part of how the game is intended to allow you to pass the game, for instance, taking out the idea of leveling up altogether. In Final Fantasy X's case this would be the NSG or No Sphere Grid challenege.

TasteyPies
07-07-2005, 06:47 PM
It's a no Aeon challenge, a no Celestial weapon challenge and a don't raise any stats more than is just barely needed challenge.

For me at least, someone who is not new to the way Final Fantasy works, what I posted above is a challenge. Not leveling up at all or a NSG challenge wouldn't be a challenge, it would be impossible unless you relied only on your aeons, something I removed from the equation.

Necronopticous
07-07-2005, 06:57 PM
Not leveling up at all or a NSG challenge wouldn't be a challenge, it would be impossible unless you relied only on your aeons, something I removed from the equation.You couldn't possibly be more wrong.

Maybe you should look at this thread for an idea.

http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=50414

TasteyPies
07-07-2005, 07:00 PM
So I'm wrong because a your challenge it IS impossible and thusly is not a challenge but instead is just a way to die?

Necronopticous
07-07-2005, 07:00 PM
NSGIENC is impossible, NSG is not only possible, it's easy.

TasteyPies
07-07-2005, 07:01 PM
NSGIENC is impossible, NSG is not only possible, it's easy.

So you have done it then? Or is that just an empty prediction?

Necronopticous
07-07-2005, 07:06 PM
It's common Final Fantasy geek knowledge, man. Yes, I actually completed not only an NSG game but an NSGIE game which rules out equipment swapping also. Hey, I'm just saying things like they are. If you proposed, say, a guide for what you're considering a challenege in this thread, you would be laughed at. It just doesn't really meet the criteria for what people consider a Final Fantasy challenege.

Tons of people beside myself have completed the No Sphere Grid challenege in Final Fantasy X, there is guides for it everywhere. This wasn't even close to the hardest challenege I've completed, The Final Fantasy IX Level 1 Ozma challenege (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=54748) was much harder, as was the Low-Level Final Fantasy VI challenege. (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=50258)

TasteyPies
07-07-2005, 07:11 PM
Fine, I'll think it over some more and post something in a week or so.

Necronopticous
07-07-2005, 07:14 PM
Look, I'm not saying what you proposed is stupid or anything. In fact, it would certainly make the game more difficult for those who complain or claim that it is too easy. But if you really want to complete something widely accepted as a Final Fantasy X challenge, you should go for something standard like NSG or something similar. Typically you can find many helpful challenge guides on GameFAQS.

Fireblade13
08-05-2005, 05:54 PM
Yeah dude I am surprised that seymour is the final boss of the mega challenge. The calm lands had to have sucked.Nemisis would have been cool to watch obliterate your starting stats.

crazybayman
08-05-2005, 06:28 PM
This is for the people who say the game is too easy, or those that just want to play the game again for the 6th time.

-Keep all characters in their own sections of the sphere grid. In other words do not take anyone down anyone else’s path. "Kihmari thinks Rikku should stay Rikku." Keep everyone in their intended areas.
-Never use any aeons, unless you are fighting Belgamine or another summoner or yuna gets her overdrive grand summon, in which case they must be dismissed as soon as they use one overdrive.
-You may spend as much time as you want customizing weapons, in fact, you are going to need to. Just don't waste time on break damage or hp limit, cause you aren’t going to get close anyway :P

For me I'm facing Braskas Final Aeon right now and getting pwned when he uses his super jecht shot overdrive. All my characters are between 2000-4000hp and they do 700-1300 damage in melee and 5000-7000 damage with magic.

If anyone thinks thats not enough of a challenge, please post suggestions.
Sounds like the way I finished the game the first time around.

* White Aeris *
08-05-2005, 06:51 PM
easy compared to what Necronopticous tried! i am so proud of you and sad the seymour fight is kinda impossible... but well done for keeping at it!

Shadowdeathrose
08-05-2005, 07:17 PM
ive played this game before it's still easy no effence tastiepies

your aload to use master spheres cause your not actually going over another persons thing

Use the edit button rather than double posting. No effence. -Necronopticous