07-07-2005, 08:03 PM
Does any like Inuyasha?

edczxcvbnm
07-07-2005, 08:04 PM
Read the comic

http://www.ear-tweak.com/iy_manga/archives.htm

Shoeberto
07-07-2005, 08:06 PM
I think it's rubbish. An uninteresting story with uninteresting characters. The demon setting is kind of cool but not enough to redeem it.

Mercen-X
07-07-2005, 08:07 PM
You must be very hard to please.

Personally, I only think the RPG sucked! Of course, anyone with half a brain could have figured it would.

kikimm
07-07-2005, 08:09 PM
It's lame. From what I've seen, it's almost all annoying "filler". No way in hell does any series need to be that long, in my opinion. Also, I think the story is fairly dumb; typical, might be the right word. Enough with the demons and crystals, or whatever they are.

But if you like it, that's totally cool too. =)

:D

nik0tine
07-07-2005, 08:11 PM
Anime is for nerds.

kikimm
07-07-2005, 08:13 PM
Final Fantasy forums are for nerds.

nik0tine
07-07-2005, 08:16 PM
kikimm is a nerd.

SomethingBig
07-07-2005, 08:16 PM
I liked the first 100 episodes. Then it REALLY dragged on.

edczxcvbnm
07-07-2005, 08:19 PM
I watched the whole thing. No way in HELL could I have actually watched it week by week for 4 years. It wasn't that good. I will now do cons and pros

Pros
_____
Doesn't seem like there is a lot of filler.
Story arcs take around 30 episodes to complete.
Manages to balance comedy, romance and action quite well.
No real power ups come into play. They remain consistant with the powers for great streaches of time and the power ups they do get don't seem made up like DBZ(Super Saiyan 45?"!?!? FUSHION1?@)
Manages to stay interesting.

Cons
_____
Same bad guy for the whole series and even then it isn't over because they don't finish it up and it continues into with the comics.
It is easy to spot episodes that are made up(not from the comic).
Straight forward story that isn't super inventive. What did you expect though? It takes place in feudal japan.
It just...doesn't end.
Animation is not the best but far from the worst.

Y!R!P!
07-07-2005, 08:21 PM
it's funny
go demons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Demons Rule!!!!!!!!!!
Inuyasha rules!!!!

Master of Darkness
07-07-2005, 08:58 PM
Inyasha
Does any like Inuyasha?
is great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Y!R!P!
07-07-2005, 09:07 PM
Inyasha
Does any like Inuyasha?
is great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I don't know you.
Inuyasha is cute!!!!

kikimm
07-07-2005, 09:14 PM
Quadruple posting makes kikimm's head hurt.

Y!R!P!
07-07-2005, 09:20 PM
Quadruple posting makes kikimm's head hurt.

sorry

Shoeberto
07-07-2005, 09:27 PM
Please abstain from making double (or more) posts, and be sure that if you make a post, it's meaningful and contributes to the discussion. Thank you. :)

Shlup
07-07-2005, 10:22 PM
I watched the first few episodes over the last couple nights on Adult Swim. It looks pretty good.

edczxcvbnm
07-07-2005, 10:33 PM
I watched the first few episodes over the last couple nights on Adult Swim. It looks pretty good.

It really isn't that bad and is interesting but incase you are unaware it is 167 episodes.

More to my cons list

Spammerman
07-07-2005, 10:41 PM
!!!!INUYASHA RULES OVER ALL DEMONS!!!!

Shlup
07-07-2005, 10:55 PM

It really isn't that bad and is interesting but incase you are unaware it is 167 episodes.

More to my cons list

Slow character development and romances that never siginificantly develop seem to be a characteristic of all Rumiko Takahashi's series.

Max
07-07-2005, 11:02 PM
Please abstain from making double (or more) posts, and be sure that if you make a post, it's meaningful and contributes to the discussion. Thank you. :)
like yours right?

Azure Chrysanthemum
07-07-2005, 11:39 PM
like yours right?

We mods are here for a reason, i.e. moderation. It's generally not a good idea to make comments such as these, and I would advise against doing it again.

Spammerman
07-07-2005, 11:40 PM
I like the backlash wave, and the wind scar.Its cool.

edczxcvbnm
07-08-2005, 12:22 AM
Yeah, I know it's a ton of episodes. Which is why I don't plan on downloading it like I do every other anime.

Slow character development and romances that never siginificantly develop seem to be a characteristic of all Rumiko Takahashi's series.

I could never get into Ramna 1/2 for that very reason but I also thought the premise was dumb at that so it didn't help matters any.

Spammerman
07-08-2005, 12:24 AM
Ranma 1/2 is good.I hven't watched it, but Ive read it
BTW has any1 seen the inuyahsa movie, with the moth demon and stuff.

kikimm
07-08-2005, 02:53 AM
Ranma seems to be very much like Inuyasha, on a few different levels. I wish Takahashi would stop recycling some of her work.

I haven't seen the Inuyasha movie; don't plan on it, if it's anything like the series.

Y!R!P!
07-08-2005, 03:08 AM
Ranma seems to be very much like Inuyasha, on a few different levels. I wish Takahashi would stop recycling some of her work.

I haven't seen the Inuyasha movie; don't plan on it, if it's anything like the series.

same here

ZeZipster
07-08-2005, 04:06 AM
Okay, this has bugged me... I finshed all 167 episodes and the movie fourth movie, and the story still has been concluded. Does this mean Rumiko is making another movie or special?

XxSephirothxX
07-08-2005, 04:10 AM
I've never really had much inclination to watch it. It's just sort of mainstream stuff that's "okay" like Rurouni Kenshin, but not great by any means.

nik0tine
07-08-2005, 04:41 AM
INUYASHA!!! YES!!! HOORAY!!!!!!!

Spammerman
07-08-2005, 05:28 AM
I've never really had much inclination to watch it. It's just sort of mainstream stuff that's "okay" like Rurouni Kenshin, but not great by any means.
are u a fooly cooly person yourself?

Mercen-X
07-08-2005, 06:38 AM
I'm finicky, but not at all a tough sell.

InuYasha

Pros:
I like most of the attacks used
I love Miroku . . .'s lechery
I love Shippo, he's like a baby and a puppy (fox)
I love Kirara, here kitty
I like the episode featuring the battle between Shippo and Soten (who was a girl)
I once made up a story arch devoted to that episode
I think Sesshomaru is awesome
I wish I owned the Tenseiga

Cons:
My favorite character died at the start (Yura of the Demon Hair)
Inuyasha definitely has feelings for Kagome, copulate already!
The lack of climax to the threat of Miroku's impending wind-tunnel doom
Koga's cool, but hopeless . . . and he's sickeningly confident of his abilities
Naraku
Far too many love-triangles and rivalries; no soap I've ever seen is this complicated
Way too long
The Tetsusaiga is even worse than most of Cloud's weapons

edczxcvbnm
07-08-2005, 07:05 AM
Okay, this has bugged me... I finshed all 167 episodes and the movie fourth movie, and the story still has been concluded. Does this mean Rumiko is making another movie or special?

http://www.ear-tweak.com/iy_manga/archives.htm

Start at around chapter 355ish. You will recognize what is happening from the last episode. They are up to chapter 400 something now I believe and there is no end in sight from what I hear.

Spammerman
07-08-2005, 04:30 PM
I'm finicky, but not at all a tough sell.

InuYasha

Pros:
I like most of the attacks used
I love Miroku . . .'s lechery
I love Shippo, he's like a baby and a puppy (fox)
I love Kirara, here kitty
I like the episode featuring the battle between Shippo and Soten (who was a girl)
I once made up a story arch devoted to that episode
I think Sesshomaru is awesome
I wish I owned the Tenseiga

Cons:
My favorite character died at the start (Yura of the Demon Hair)
Inuyasha definitely has feelings for Kagome, copulate already!
The lack of climax to the threat of Miroku's impending wind-tunnel doom
Koga's cool, but hopeless . . . and he's sickeningly confident of his abilities
Naraku
Far too many love-triangles and rivalries; no soap I've ever seen is this complicated
Way too long
The Tetsusaiga is even worse than most of Cloud's weapons
is soten that thunder demon girl?