PDA

View Full Version : The Ending (Spoilers)

MJN SEIFER
07-07-2005, 10:31 PM
Ok Ithink we've got most of it.

I think like most people belive that the place where Sqaull has gone is time compression related the rest of the team are at the orphage because that's the place they decide makes them "hang on" to the word an avoid being lost in time compression. Rinoa also goes there but a little futher to Flower Fields near by because that is the place Sqaull said he'd wait for her, the only thing missing is Sqaull him self.

Squall - being used to not having friends (Although deep down he's always wanted them) gives in to his depression too quickly and is sent to a place which I THINK is a combanation of his own depression brought to form and time compression it's self.

My reasons are:

The "Island" like shape (That bit of land in nowhere) is simillar to where the GF attacks the team (Squall's ring) the GF is created form Sqaull's mind - acording to the scan. So I reckon (Hanging the straws) that's part of his "Depressed side" so he get's sent to that world.

Ultemica's final form is compressing time "As we speek" during the final battle (Acording to the scan) so She probly tired to compress the "area" that the team where on first as they where her main concern but they mannaged to kill her first (Though she doesn't die straight away) as she "Explodes" during the final battle she copletes her time comression on that "Area" and tries to compress the team. They escape (See above) but Sqaull is sent to that area. Which is his own depression brought to form and after he tries to find a: A way out and b: his team (Especialy Rinoa) and fails miserably he stops and time compression starts to effect him.

It is said that only Ultimecia can surive time compression -it is never explained why. It maybe because her mind can cope with what time compression is. (Work with me)

When Squall is there. He is plagued by visions of what time compression is. The Past Pressent and Future as one (We see parts of the the Game all messed up) along with dodgey pictures of Rinoa.

I think time compression drives humans so mad that they just die. It's literally to much for them But sorceress' can cope.

Rinoa goes to the compressed world and is unafected - This is either proof of the R=U theory (Which I don't believe) or ANY sorceress can surive TC not just Ultimeica.

She finds Squall who is either dead or very close to death she takes him to the real world (They are in the flower filed again) and we then see the garden.

Then the less confusing stuff comes in.

And finally we see that Squall has either been revied or just saved (As if he wasn't dead yet but close).

I think that's basically what happens but...

That's not entirly wrong -though only a theory. ;)

Squall of SeeD
07-08-2005, 05:25 AM
You've more or less got the idea down, but I just want to make it even more simple. Time Compression was immediately undone upon Ultimecia's defeat and the timestream began to rebuild itself. The realm that Squall finds himself in is -- as you suggested -- a manifestation of his loneliness and despair, and he finds himself lost there due to having a more difficult time accepting his need for others than most people do.

The barren place he finds himself in is a representation of this, as is the small, solitary island he finds himself on. The island was a metaphor for Squall.

Anyway, yeah, otherwise you've got it down pretty good.

* White Aeris *
07-25-2005, 03:48 PM
well done! your theory of time compression makes sense!!!!

Sir Bahamut
07-25-2005, 03:58 PM
Something to point out:

It's likely that Ultimecia is the only one who can survive Time Compression because she casts the spell in a way so that all of time EXCEPT her own personal timeline is compressed. People might be drived mad before TC is over, but it seems more likely that people can't exist because all of the events that make up their life is compressed into a single event in time. In effect, they'd be frozen in time.

The reason Rinoa can 'exist' when she finds Squall is because time compression was never completed, so when she finds Squall, time is de-compression, making her live easily. In other words, the place Squall is is NOT a time compressed world, if it was, Squall wouldn't exist when Rinoa got there. It is merely some sort of timewarp which Squall gets stuck in due to the de-compression of time.

MJN SEIFER
07-26-2005, 01:10 PM
You've said intresting views of your own too.

That's one of the many things I love about Final Fantasy! SO many things left for us to debate about...

fantasyjunkie
07-27-2005, 06:08 AM
You've more or less got the idea down, but I just want to make it even more simple. Time Compression was immediately undone upon Ultimecia's defeat and the timestream began to rebuild itself. The realm that Squall finds himself in is -- as you suggested -- a manifestation of his loneliness and despair, and he finds himself lost there due to having a more difficult time accepting his need for others than most people do.

The barren place he finds himself in is a representation of this, as is the small, solitary island he finds himself on. The island was a metaphor for Squall.

Anyway, yeah, otherwise you've got it down pretty good.
I am so glad you said that. I was so lost at the end of the game. Thanks! :)

liamo
07-27-2005, 08:56 AM
you got it pretty much covered

Fonzie
07-27-2005, 05:52 PM
well done! your theory of time compression makes sense!!!!

Unlike Futures lol!!!

bumchum kev
07-27-2005, 07:36 PM
thx for clearing that up for me cus i wz so confused.

its been a long time since i completed it but all i can remember is i thought squall got lost in time compression forever.

thx dudes and dudettes.

Jessweeee♪
07-28-2005, 09:06 PM
hmm...yes, that makes sense. except thinking about every moment since time began compressed into one just makes your head go in circles.
like wouldn't there be an infinite number of you's seeing as there are infinite moments in life?

Sir Bahamut
07-28-2005, 10:45 PM
That's only the case if time is infinitely divisible. This question is still being debated in the real world, and needless to say, cannot ever be answered for the FF8 world.

Regardless, there'd be pretty damn many "you"'s around, thats for sure.