PDA

View Full Version : ePSXe broke

Erdrick Holmes
07-08-2005, 02:36 AM
Ok, for some reason, after not using ePSXe for about 6 months it decides to not work now. I ran ISOs in .mdf format and it didn't work, I played one of my PSX game discs on it and it didn't work. I even redownloaded the latest version and it's still giving me crap. All I get is a blank black screen but when I go to the "run BIOS" option it manages to bring up the PSX main menu just fine. Is there a plugin or something that I can use to fix this?

Erdrick Holmes
07-08-2005, 05:19 AM
Ok, COME ON, PEOPLE! I've been fighting with ePSXe all day. I reinstalled it about 7 times and I still can't get it to work. The Bios is fine it just can't play games.

SomethingBig
07-08-2005, 06:12 AM
Have you tried other games on it? It could just be that one game.

Erdrick Holmes
07-08-2005, 06:42 AM
I tried a buch of games. Monster Rancher 2, Project Overkill, Final Fantasy VII, and I just tried an alcohol 120 image of Suikoden 1 and its not working. Somehow I think my video drivers are turning south on me.

crono_logical
07-08-2005, 07:53 AM
Change the video plugin to use the failsafe Software rendering too see if it's really the video that's screwing up, though it seems unlikely if the BIOS runs :p Same for sound, try disabling it temporarily.

NM
07-08-2005, 10:26 AM
I had a problem with ePSXe after not running it for a while. When I tried to run a game, it started to run then the program closed. Turned out to be having the Screen Smoothing check box ticked in the graphics plug-in was causing the problem.

Best thing to do is just mess about with the plug-in options. Thats how I fixed the problem on my system.

Aurora_sword
07-08-2005, 02:09 PM
maybe...something with your computer?

Erdrick Holmes
07-08-2005, 03:34 PM
Ok, this is weird. I mounted Suikoden 1 using Daemon tools and it worked. I don't understand why i can't read games from my game CDs.