PDA

View Full Version : How many times have you replayed a game??

Tidus5
07-08-2005, 05:02 AM
As of 9 PM today, I started replaying FFX for the 6th time. I was just wondering if anyone else out there is crazy enough to do the same thing as me, over and over again. I think that by playing, it takes away my anxiety from waiting for FFXII...

RedCydranth
07-08-2005, 05:11 AM
Yeah, i've done that on a number of occasions. I've played FFT so many times i've lost track. I've beat FFX twice.

Other games Ive replayed more that I should.. Suikoden II & III (4 and 5 times respectively), Shining Force I & II (Oh god.. literally at least 20 times for I and like 12 or so for II, seriously), Pokémon (various color, i played most at least twice).

Theres more, but I dont feel like listing..

beaglegod
07-08-2005, 06:12 AM
I envy you guys who have enough time to play 50+ hour games over and over again, AND still be able to list a long list of RPGs youve played. Im on my second go through FF VIII and this will be my first RPG Ive gone through twice(even thats not entirely true I never finished disk 4 my first time, someone erased my saves!!). Ive started a bunch over but theres always something new to distract me.

I knew a guy who played FF VII over and over and I was like, how can you play that over and over and still have time to play other stuff? :confused:

Rase
07-08-2005, 06:23 AM
The most times I've replayed a Final Fantasy is 8 times, and it's Final Fantasy IV.

I usually play most games at least twice. I've lost counts for Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Call of Duty, Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past, all the Thief games... mostly ones I like a lot.

Reles
07-08-2005, 06:35 AM
Uhm FF3 3 times beaten twice. FF2 2 times. FF7 2 times also. I think that's all...? o.O

rubah
07-08-2005, 07:18 AM
I've played ffx more or less three times.
I've played x-2 two and a half times
I've played ff8&5 a time and half apiece.

I tend to put massive times on each game. FFX is upwards of 200 hours for the first two games. FF8's both have more than 100 hours each.

Aurora_sword
07-08-2005, 09:32 AM
i don't replay much...

i played ff8 like..4 times
ff7...3 times
fft...5 times
ffx, once
ffx2 once
ff9, twice
ff4 twice
ff5 once
ff1 once
ff2 once
ff3 zero, just got the rom today

Necronopticous
07-08-2005, 09:38 AM
Before my last HDD crashed a year ago I had a Chrono Trigger game that I had played through enough to have 99 rainbow swords, where you can only get one each playthrough. Granted, I used the speed key, but still I felt as though it was a good geeky accomplishment.

As far as Final Fantasy goes, I couldn't even tell you how many times I've played through some of the earlier titles such as IV and VI, I would say anywhere from 20-30 times in my lifetime.

I've played VII at least five or six times. VIII a few times, working on a challenge now. IX a few times also, including a level 1 ozma challenge. X I've played through tons of times considering how recent it is, I would say 6 or 7 times all told, including a No Sphere Grid, Initial Equipment, No Customization challenge. X-2 I've played through twice... Uh yeah, so I've played a lot of Final Fantasy in my days.

SeeDRankLou
07-08-2005, 04:39 PM
I honestly can't tell you how many times I've played FFVIII, I've gotten into the teens. Others FF games I've played at least twice, depending on the game. Because they are usually kind of short if you know what you are doing, I play Zelda games quite a few times. I've played Vice City about five times. Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie I've played about four times each. I've played Diablo II with every character, with the sorceress five times, barbarian three times, and necromancer four times. I just finished my fifth time playing Kingdom Hearts, and I'm currently playing Chain of Memories for the second time with Sora. I've played most all Resident Evil games at least three times except for RE4, which I'm currently on my second playthrough on professional. I'm sure there are others, but yeah, I replay quite a bit.

crashNUMBERS
07-08-2005, 05:01 PM
I've only beaten FF7 and I beat it 4 times...

Xander
07-08-2005, 08:46 PM
I've never actually replayed and beaten a game twice ;__; I suck. I replayed FFVII, FFIX and FFX but never got very far. I get bored second time round...

Buccura
07-08-2005, 08:57 PM
I replayed VII a few times, VIII twice, and plan to replay IX, I and when I beat it, VI (This time I'll WAIT FOR SHADOW SO I DONT LOSE HIM! T_T .)

Yuffie514
07-08-2005, 11:34 PM
...you mean how many times i beat a game or jus accessed a file from FFVIII that was saved right in front of Ulty's Castle and then i go in and kill her? i know how many times i had to restart FFVIII and the fear of accidentally deleting a file became my paranoia.

n-e-ways, i beat FFVII, FFVIII, and FFX once. i'm sure all the FF games have extremely high replay values, but i don't have the will to start from scratch. however, i sure love to beat up the final boss, quick reset the game and do it again.

Craig
07-08-2005, 11:47 PM
I've never replayed an FF. Thinking about it sounds really fun I feel like replaying IX right now, but when it comes to it I get so bored.

I've attempted to replay IX before, I got to Lindblum and got bored. I also tried to replay X-2 to get 100% but I don't think I got past chapter 1.

The only game I've ever replayed is Resident Evil 4. But the 3rd time round I had the Chicago Typewriter and it got ridiculously easy, and therefore, boring.

Hinky the Pickle
07-09-2005, 12:24 AM
I replay FF games a lot but I usually only beat 'em once. After that I don't feel the need to play 'em again, unless I missed something the first time. :P Of course there are a few exceptions. Here are the ones I've beaten:

FFIV: 1 time
FFV: 2 times
FFVII: 2 times
FFIX: 6 times
FFX: 1 time
FFX-2: 1 time

I'm currently working on beating a rom of FFIII I have, then I'll probably attempt beating VI.

Winter Nights
07-09-2005, 12:48 AM
I've replayed VII and VIII 5 or 6 times each. Played through FFX twice. That's about it.

Kakashi509
07-09-2005, 01:41 AM
I've replayed FFVII twice since I don't have the time for others and it get boring like saying stuff like this a lot
"now I walk up and find Bizaro Sephiroth," Bizzaro Sephiroth appears "what a suprise"

Hroth
07-09-2005, 02:23 AM
FFVI: Twice, I played 3 times in all, replayed twice.
FFVII: Same as FFVI.
FFVIII: Same as FFVI.
FFIX: I'm playing it for the forth time right now.
FFX: I'm replaying it a second time now.
FFX-2: Played it twice already.

I think that's it...

Lon611
07-09-2005, 06:02 AM
I've never actually replayed and beaten a game twice ;__; I suck. I replayed FFVII, FFIX and FFX but never got very far. I get bored second time round...

i agree. i really do envy every1 that has fun going thru it so many times. after about the 2nd time thru, i can't find the interest to keep playing. sori. i always play a game twice, then move on.ona rare occasion, i dont, like FFVII. or I and II.

replays or just going back to mess around get really boring, especially if the first time u do/get EVERYTHING.

im thinking about playing FFIX again tho. same with X.

Captain Maxx Power
07-09-2005, 12:22 PM
Let's see here....

If it's full completion we're talking about here:

FF1: Five times
FF2: Three times
FF4: Bout ten or twelve times give or take
FF5: Twice
FF6: Seven times
FF7: God knows
FF8: Twice
Chrono Trigger: Six or seven times
Actraiser: Twice
Morrowind/Tribunal/Bloodmoon : Twice :eek:

Slothy
07-09-2005, 02:18 PM
I envy you guys who have enough time to play 50+ hour games over and over again, AND still be able to list a long list of RPGs youve played.

If you're going to do everything, then yeah, they can be 50 hours. But just going start to finish when you replay a game you've already beaten can often take 30 hours or less, and really isn't that much time.

I've beaten FF6 at least a dozen times. FF7 probably around 6. Not sure about most other games. I find I replay games less now than when I was a kid. I suppose that's what happens when you have more money and less time. I still have some games that have sat on my shelf for upwards of 4 years that I haven't finished. Usually do to frustration or lack of interest due to the extreme amounts of time in between playing the game.

Rini
07-11-2005, 01:35 AM
Hm. I usually try to beat the game on my own first (have succeeded in all attempts) and follow the plot line through, and after that use a guide to find out all the secrets and side-stories. I also spend more time trying to find secrets than during the first time.

Oh yeah and I, too, have the same habit as Yuffie 514, saving right before the last fight and beat it over and over again to see the ending :)

FFVI: two times plus now third time going, a project we have with my bf ;P (but haven't played for a while)
FFVII: still the first time running through. I'm stuck somewhere I can't remember.
FFVIII: probably the most times I've played a game. Now sixth time going. I know the game almost like the back of my hand, though I STILL can't get the Three Stars from the Liar Rocks in Esthar (disc 3, Obel Lake Mystery quest), I just keep getting past the point where it should be *blah blah*. But I love the game and will probably play it a gazillion times more :)
FFIX: two times. Not really something I enjoy to play. It was kinda boring the second time around (though I love the Chocobo minigame)
FFX: two times through, though I've had to start over twice because my brother went on and deleted my saves a couple of times (really annoying, yes it was...).
FFX-2: also two times. First time got 52% only (note! without a guide!) and the next time leftwith 99% (;_; I couldn't get the Calm Lands mission complete from the publicity stuffies, and goddamnit I won't play the game again just for that one thing.)

Other than FF's... I've played Chrono Trigger twice (but the second time I went straight to the last battle from the right platform in the Millennial Fair), Devil May Cry twice, Crash Bandicoot 2 (:D) thrice .. hm. and probably a few other games aswell but can't remember anything more right now. *going to sleep*