PDA

View Full Version : Minor FF fans

crashNUMBERS
07-08-2005, 05:57 PM
It kinda irks me when people who barely know FF say that FF7 is the greatest FF ever. I mean I'll say it's one of the most well known but the best?? I mean really. What do you people think of this?? I mean yeah people have different oppinions but, really?? If you've played a lot of FF and still say FF7 is the best then theres your excuse. But for a minor fan to already jugde??

Dreddz
07-08-2005, 06:04 PM
Ive completed all the FF game except for FF3
And FF7 is my favourite, I know what you mean though, but I cant deny that FF7 is the best in the series, in gaming history

crashNUMBERS
07-08-2005, 06:05 PM
Thats the thing. You have a reason. Your a hardcore fan and you play FF alot...

Rase
07-08-2005, 06:11 PM
It's thier opinion, even if they haven't tried each FF. If I say that the Ford F150 is the best car ever, I may feel that way. But have I tried every car out there? Probably not. Same with saying "Pizza is the best food", "Alaska is the best state", or "The U.S is the best country". It's just thier opinion, and while they may have not tried everything, they can still think what they want.

And yeah, it kind of irks me too, but I can't do anything about it, so I tend to just ignore it. :)

boys from the dwarf
07-08-2005, 06:53 PM
i see why people sometimes say FF7s the best but most of them are just being persistent.i like FF7 but it is only one of my favourites.a lot of people(like me.)cant decide their favourite final fantasy so they say its FF7(not like me.) but im not saying i hate FF7 im just saying in some cases it is just overrated but i do know some FF fan do actually mean thatFF7 is the best in their opinion.

GooeyToast
07-08-2005, 08:10 PM
FF7 is my fav., but 6 is a very close second.

I love all FF's, not just 7.

Dreddz
07-08-2005, 08:15 PM
I think they say they like it to join in with the crowd, as FF7 has the largest crowd of fans

-N-
07-08-2005, 08:34 PM
It's because I twist their arms and force them to say it. :up:

BG-57
07-08-2005, 08:36 PM
People are entitled to their opinions, even ill-informed ones. As long as they don't belittle my opinions.

FFVIII is my favorite, followed by VII. Both are excellent games. And I've played I, II, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, and IX.

KoShiatar
07-08-2005, 09:26 PM
I find FF VII a great game, but a little bit too mental maybe.

GooeyToast
07-08-2005, 09:41 PM
Mental is a good thing.....o_0

KoShiatar
07-08-2005, 10:10 PM
Then not in a good sense...how can I say? Oh, well. Too complicated maybe?

GooeyToast
07-08-2005, 10:17 PM
I'm complicated.

Yep.

Anways, ff7 is fo' shizzle.

~keep it gooey~

Crop
07-08-2005, 10:18 PM
Ive played FF7, FF8, FF9, FF10, FF10-2, FF1 and FF2 and i like FF7 the best but it was my first one so that might have tipped it for me.

GooeyToast
07-08-2005, 10:22 PM
More than likely.

You never forget your first time.....*day-dreams*

~Keep it gooey~

Eternal Dark Night
07-08-2005, 10:23 PM
Ive played FF7, FF8, FF9, FF10, FF10-2, FF1 and FF2 and i like FF7 the best but it was my first one so that might have tipped it for me.
same here sept i remembered that my dad had it at the time and i kept on starting new games when he was asleep that really pissed him off :D

TurkSlayer
07-08-2005, 11:21 PM
I have played every FF besides FFIII and Crystal Chronicles, and I would say that FFVII is my favorite. However, I would not say it is my favorite by far. FFVI come in at a VERY close second, and FFIX/FFT both come in as fairly close thirds.

Tanwen Strife
07-08-2005, 11:22 PM
What do you count as a hardcore fan? I've not played a lot of the old ones, because I can't find a copy that works anywhere (my PS is really padantic) but I play 6 onwards all the time. Is a hard core fan only someone thats played them since the beginning?

abrojtm
07-08-2005, 11:29 PM
I've played and beaten every Final Fantasy, excluding FFXI, which can't really be beat, but I do own it, and including FF:CC, FF:MQ, FFA, FFL(I-III). FFVII is not my favorite Final Fantasy, and I was assume that approx. 60% of the people that say it's their favorite have either A)Only played 7-10, or B) Played 7-10 before playing any of the others.

Sephitachi7
07-09-2005, 12:36 AM
FF6 was great. So was FF5. I heard really bad things about FF8 but when I played it, lo and behold, another great FF. FF9 was also incredible especially the end. FFX was ok story wise, but graphics and others kinda made up for it. But among all, FF7 is close to perfection. Great story line, Best protagonist and antagonist. Jaw-dropping twists. Great battle style. And great individual character stories. This is why FF7, in my opinion is the best FF.

Slade
07-09-2005, 12:56 AM
I dont get peeved with people think VII is the best....i get peeved with the way people always smash VIII and IX and THEN say VII is the best. Gets on my nerves. Ive played IV,V,VI,VII,VIII,IX,X and X-2 and FFVIII and IX are my all time favorites

Wizdom
07-09-2005, 01:08 AM
I can beat Ozma with lvl 1(ff9) chars and get q-magic materia without chocobo!!!
that means am not minor fan...yah!

Lon611
07-09-2005, 05:53 AM
I dont get peeved with people think VII is the best....i get peeved with the way people always smash VIII and IX and THEN say VII is the best. Gets on my nerves. Ive played IV,V,VI,VII,VIII,IX,X and X-2 and FFVIII and IX are my all time favorites

yo tambien.

i do think that ppl hold it in such high regard, even tho they haven't played the rest because it was their first FF. FFVII ranks amongst one of my favorites, but i thto it was anticlimactic, so it doesn't get the #1 spot in my opinion. but every1 has their opinion. i just get annoyed when ppl get critical of other FF's just cuz VII is their favorite.

Reles
07-09-2005, 06:35 AM
Usually when I run into a person that's play "a" final fantasy game, they tell me 8 is the best. When I ask them which ones they've played, they say they've only played 8. :D Final Fantasy started getting really popular after FF7's success, so 8 followed and more people got involved. That's why on several occasions I defend 7 and 6 for being the best as opposed to 8 BECAUSE they've never given either of those FF's a shot. It kind of irritates me when people know enough to judge on which is the best. Although a lot of people still like 8 over 7 and 6, it's just mass majority here prefer 7 or 6.

Buster Sword Strike
07-09-2005, 06:51 AM
I have played all the Final Fantasy's except for III, Mystic Quest, and all three Legends. Don't let my user name fool you, I just liked the name :P I was dissapointed after playing IX first and then playing it.

My opinion on why people only play VII and think its the best is that someone decided to tell a friend he liked it and they spread the word. Then someone, possibly the same people spread the word that they didn't like the others. Eventually a mass of people formed bashing the rest. Eventually this mass grew faster and faster, like a snowball rolling down a hill and crashed into the gamefaqs forums...

Buccura
07-09-2005, 08:35 AM
My two favorites will always be VI and IX. VII has nothing on them in my book.

Shadow Knight
07-09-2005, 08:50 AM
I've played just about every FF quite thoroughly, completing most, and I would say that FFVII is the one that I have played over and over the most. It's easily the best in my opinion. However that's not to say that the others arn't good. I would gladly play any FF through again, but it's just that I find I enjoy doing it with FFVII the most. It's just such a great game in so many ways.

It's very cliche to say that, but it's so true.

boys from the dwarf
07-09-2005, 09:13 AM
FF7 was my first but i like FF8 a little bit more than FF7.

Crop
07-09-2005, 10:12 AM
I would play on FFIX but my friend pretty much ruined the ending for me.

Xaven
07-09-2005, 11:38 AM
FFVII is third or so on my list of favorite FF's. It doesn't stand out that much to me.

Winter Nights
07-09-2005, 11:51 AM
FFVII is third or so on my list of favorite FF's. It doesn't stand out that much to me.

Christmas
07-09-2005, 11:53 AM
FF VI was my first and best but after playing I,II,IV,V,VII,VIII,IX,X and X-2, it still remain as the best for me, maybe due to the storyline and the soundtrack. As for FF VII, it still one of my favourite maybe due to Cloud and Sephiroth.

Levian
07-10-2005, 01:09 AM
It irks me that you're irking over other people liking FF7. They can still think of it as a good game even though they haven't revealed the secret nude Cecil ending and beaten Omega Weapon in one slap.

crashNUMBERS
07-10-2005, 01:18 AM
What??

Levian
07-10-2005, 01:30 AM
What you haven't seen that ending? Oh well, just a minor fan then, I guess. :grinpink:

crashNUMBERS
07-10-2005, 01:32 AM
I must admit that was funny but I haven't beaten ff4 yet...

silentenigma
07-10-2005, 08:15 PM
ok my history is: played+beaten: I,II,VII,VIII,X,X-2. I am now playing through and i'm almost finished with VI.

Of these games, i believe that it is a very close race between VI and VII (no surprises, of course)
to me, VII had a stronger storyline, cast of characters, and role playing aspect.
VI had stronger graphics, sound, and overall completeness.

Don't ask me about the music, they both are awesome.
But still, i liked VII better. I loved the deep plot. I actually enjoyed the fact that you have to think about what is going on after each session of playing.

but even saying that, i know a lot of people that only played ffVII and therefore hated the series because they hated VII.

Constantino
07-10-2005, 09:17 PM
i see why people sometimes say FF7s the best but most of them are just being persistent...

Exactly

liamo
07-11-2005, 09:55 AM
for me i beleive that most people really like it cause its quite possibly the first final fantasy they played and you always remember your first time very strongly no matter what it is