07-08-2005, 08:07 PM
Yes, Emerald.

Ruby is a piece of cake.

Dreddz
07-08-2005, 08:17 PM
Ruby is the hardest, but in game it is Demon Wall

GooeyToast
07-08-2005, 08:27 PM
You can beat Ruby without him attacking you.

How does that make him hard?

Just use the KOTR&Hades method & you're home free.

Lon611
07-08-2005, 08:41 PM
hmm, id have to say it took awhile for me to beat the Demon Gate in the ancients temple.

all the sephiroths were easy. i was actually surprised that Safer Sephiroth was so easy.

can't try the Weapons tho cuz i can't freaking get outta north cave :mad:

Rengori
07-08-2005, 09:08 PM
Without KOTR or that kinda stuff it is kinda hard to kill Bizarro Sephiroth, but then again I have lost anybody against Bizarro in the 6 years I've owned FF7. And the Demon Gate was easy. I thought the Red Dragon was harder than that.

boys from the dwarf
07-08-2005, 09:28 PM
with the decent strategy the first boss is harder than ruby weopon.

Drazik
07-08-2005, 10:17 PM
They all were pretty easy, if you use right strategy in the right place and time. But if I should pick up the tricky one, it would be Emerald Weapon…

MAS82587
07-09-2005, 12:33 AM
demons gate and carry armor

Sephitachi7
07-09-2005, 12:46 AM
What I don't like, and I'm not referring to anyone here, is when someone picks up a strategy guide or was told by a friend how to beat bosses and then they say 'it was so easy'. Look everything is easy when you don't do it yourself. Many of the bosses in FF were hard such as the Cosmo Canyon Boss, Ruby, or Emerald. But how easy is it when someone tells you use phoenix Down on Cosmo Canyon Cave Boss, or use W-Summon Hades and KOTR and MIMe on Ruby, or use 8 mime and counter-attack with your limit break on emerald. The truth is, if you thought these bosses were easy was because you didn't find out yourself how to beat them. If you had found it out yourself and went through trial and error, you would never say that those bosses were easy.

My hardest bosses were Ruby, Emerald and Safer Sephiroth by the way.

Slade
07-09-2005, 12:50 AM
Most of the bosses in this were easy. The only one that i had trouble with was the Demon Wall (and im not counting the optional bosses here)

Kakashi509
07-09-2005, 12:54 AM
out of the main game bosses (not weapons) I'd say demon wall, Bizzaro Sephiroth, and if beta is used midgar zolom

Saiyan Knight
07-09-2005, 01:05 AM
Demons Gate id say.If your party was weak he would give you a lot of trouble.

Lon611
07-09-2005, 01:05 AM
What I don't like, and I'm not referring to anyone here, is when someone picks up a strategy guide or was told by a friend how to beat bosses and then they say 'it was so easy'. Look everything is easy when you don't do it yourself. Many of the bosses in FF were hard such as the Cosmo Canyon Boss, Ruby, or Emerald. But how easy is it when someone tells you use phoenix Down on Cosmo Canyon Cave Boss, or use W-Summon Hades and KOTR and MIMe on Ruby, or use 8 mime and counter-attack with your limit break on emerald. The truth is, if you thought these bosses were easy was because you didn't find out yourself how to beat them. If you had found it out yourself and went through trial and error, you would never say that those bosses were easy.

My hardest bosses were Ruby, Emerald and Safer Sephiroth by the way.

which reminds me, the Cosmo Canyon Boss was extremely difficult for me until i asked a friend and he told me to use a phoenix down or hi-potion.

you have a great pt there. but then again, sometimes even strategy guides don't help.

Xaven
07-09-2005, 05:23 AM
They were all very easy for me. I did not use any type of strategy, mime*, Omnislash*, or KOTR* (or any summon for that matter). Bizzaro Sephiroth was absolutely pathetic, by the way.

As for the hardest story boss, I'll go with the boss in Cosmo Canyon. I didn't know you could use a phoenix down on him until one minute ago.

* -I had no clue they existed until I visited these forums.

Shadow Knight
07-09-2005, 09:31 AM
Emerald Weapon and Carry Armor are the ones that I found most difficult.

Rengori
07-09-2005, 10:00 AM
I know, I beat Ruby without KotR. I only thought the Carry Armor was hard because my friend helped the first time and told me to flee from most battles so I was stuck with *sigh* Bolt 2.

Saiyan Knight
07-09-2005, 01:40 PM
Bizzaro Sephiroth was absolutely pathetic, by the way.

Damn right.

Kappy
07-09-2005, 01:55 PM
Not regarding optional bosses, the bosses that gave me most trouble on my first playthrough were Gi Nattak (I didn't know it was undead >.<), Demon's Gate, Materia Keeper and Carry Armor.

Slothy
07-09-2005, 01:58 PM
Of the non-optional bosses, Demon Wall, although he still wasn't that difficult. The Weapons are tough if you don't use a strategy guide to beat them, and take the time to figure out what works on your own.

chadwixx
07-09-2005, 07:52 PM
that big robot dude at the end of the special battle arena is pretty tough (when u get final attack matria). not sure of its name, but it took me a few trys to kill.

Rengori
07-09-2005, 08:00 PM
Proud Clod?

Saiyan Knight
07-09-2005, 11:40 PM
Nah, I don't think Proud Clod was hard.Just had a /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gifload of HP.

DarknessFromAbove
07-10-2005, 12:07 AM
The first time I played through I had a lot of troble with that stupid demon door, and Sephy's final form. Didn't even try to touch Ruby or Emerald 'cause I didn't think I would beat them :rolleyes2 But now-a-days they're all pretty eazy, guess that comes with playing the game through so many times :D

chadwixx
07-10-2005, 12:59 AM
Proud Clod?

probably, i dont know the monsters name. its a pain in the butt cause u go through the slot machine thing ending up with 2400 life and broken materia. i kinda cheesed it with omnislash and kotr then hit him some more to kill. it would be nice to face him with all my chars instead of just one.

Desperado
07-10-2005, 03:16 AM
Demon Gate, and after that Carry Armor. Sefer Sephiroth was easy, as long as you had Ribbons, or something to that effect. Then, just keep people alive and use his Enemy Skill back on him, along with Ultima=W-Magic. Bam.

eestlinc
07-10-2005, 03:53 AM
the guy who pops out of the safe in the ShinRa mansion is pretty tough, especially at low levels.

Rengori
07-10-2005, 04:04 AM
Proud Clod?

probably, i dont know the monsters name. its a pain in the butt cause u go through the slot machine thing ending up with 2400 life and broken materia. i kinda cheesed it with omnislash and kotr then hit him some more to kill. it would be nice to face him with all my chars instead of just one.
What are you talking about? The proud clod is in Midgar. I have no idea what you are talking about.

chadwixx
07-10-2005, 04:33 PM
Proud Clod?

What are you talking about? The proud clod is in Midgar. I have no idea what you are talking about.

im talking about the last guy in the "special" battle arena fight for the final attack materia in the golden saucer. after u buy w-summon and omnislash with ur battle points.

Sephitachi7
07-10-2005, 06:59 PM
Yes, that guy is the Prod Clod which you first see at Midgar which is being controlled by Heidegger and Scarlet(Hya Hya Hya and Kya Kya Kya).

chadwixx
07-10-2005, 07:33 PM
i thought he looked familiar. he was a breeze in midgar, but fighting him solo after being handicapped is rough.

Death Gigasx
07-12-2005, 10:47 PM
Gotta say Emerald weapon is the hardest cause of the 20:00 minute time limit (if you don't have the underwater materia) and his air tam storm which deals 1111 for every materia equiped to the party (or is it per charecter?)*wanders off to find out*

Strawberry_Mew
07-12-2005, 11:34 PM
Well when I first played FF7 my hardest boss was that stupid Demons Gate argh lets just say after that battle my throat was hurting XP

Desperado
07-13-2005, 02:48 AM
Which brings up an interesting question: What does Proud Clod's Materia Jammer do, anyway?

Quare
07-13-2005, 09:50 AM
Geeez.. sephiroth was lame.. on 83 level :]]] the most disturbing Boss was THAT FREAKIN" SHINRA ROBOT right before HOJO boss (wich was very easy.. WEIRD isn't it ?).. and the wall/boss in the ancient temple ;] forgot its name.. was it this hell gate ?

Darth Tjador
07-13-2005, 05:21 PM
its Demon gate dork.

Rengori
07-13-2005, 05:32 PM
Hojo's last form... I forgot about him. He's one of the hardest bosses in my opinion.

Sword
07-13-2005, 07:09 PM
EMERALD!!! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! Out of the compulsary bosses it would have to have been Hojo. The first time I played it, it took me ages to beat him.

Wizdom
07-13-2005, 09:36 PM
demon gate....no comments

Shoden
07-13-2005, 09:39 PM
ruby and emerald don't count as bosses

my hardest was diamond weapon he pwned me 20/21 times i got lucky on the 21st attempt

sephiroth was easy once i knew what to do but on your first time through it's hard to figure safer sephy out

Crossblades
07-14-2005, 03:12 AM
demon gate....no comments

Pffft! Demon Gate was easy!

Ravenmorghane
07-14-2005, 09:55 AM
my tactic of using brute strength after hours of fighting means that most of the obligatory monsters are walkovers, especially once I've got Bahamut ZERO and KOTR because then I kick butt.
But those irritating ruby and emerald weapons i just dont get. And when people tell me the strategies I just get confused!

ultima88
07-15-2005, 02:17 AM
I think Emrald weapon is the hardest, is STILL CANT BEAT HIM !!! last night i was in one continuous battle for 4 BLOODY HOURS !! :mad2: ne good tips 4 beating him ?

all my ppl are at Lv. 67 what is a good level to face him at ?

and can someone plz explain to me way ppl keep sayin Demon Wall was hard ? i thawt he was EEEEEZY !

General-Beatrix
07-15-2005, 05:09 AM
I think Emrald weapon is the hardest, is STILL CANT BEAT HIM !!! last night i was in one continuous battle for 4 BLOODY HOURS !! :mad2: ne good tips 4 beating him ?

all my ppl are at Lv. 67 what is a good level to face him at ?

and can someone plz explain to me way ppl keep sayin Demon Wall was hard ? i thawt he was EEEEEZY !

you think you got it bad? my group is at level 66 and 65 and i can only summon KoTR 4 times with w-summon!!! :eek: :mad2:

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% that hasn't, copy & paste this into your signature

Rengori
07-15-2005, 06:06 AM
You only have 999 MP, and KOTR costs 250.
250 * 4 = 1000

General-Beatrix
07-15-2005, 05:36 PM
You only have 999 MP, and KOTR costs 250.
250 * 4 = 1000

oops! i meant two times. :eek: but if you use the hp->mp materia(i forgot the name) then you can cast it up to how many times you leveled up the materia because you have about 9999 MP if that is how high your hp is.

correct me if im wrong but i think there is some spelling or grammer errors in there. or here! :confused:

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% that hasn't, copy & paste this into your signature.

Rengori
07-15-2005, 06:47 PM
No, 999 MP is the max unless you use HP/MP switch. Correct me if I'm wrong.

General-Beatrix
07-15-2005, 07:00 PM
No, 999 MP is the max unless you use HP/MP switch. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Yeah that's pretty much what I said.

Darth Tjador
07-15-2005, 10:09 PM
another hard one is when one is when omega weapon underwater i just wish i could know its HP.

General-Beatrix
07-15-2005, 10:29 PM
another hard one is when one is when omega weapon underwater i just wish i could know its HP.

I think you are talking about Emerald Weapon and it has over or at 1 million hit points.

Rengori
07-16-2005, 04:47 AM
Try around 600,000.

ultima88
07-19-2005, 01:05 AM
iv finally beaten the weapons !!!!!!!

i thawt you's mite like to know, then again mabys not

0mNiS|aSh
07-19-2005, 04:17 PM
I've never had any trouble with the game-related bosses, but ruby can be a bitch. Emmy is easy once you have one of the master materias.

Cruise Control
07-19-2005, 05:31 PM
That arm thingy before the submarine!

0mNiS|aSh
07-19-2005, 06:25 PM
How come you people think that one is so hard? Even when I rushed through the game, it was pretty simple. Sure, it has a big laser, bit nothing big Guard, Cure-All/White Wind and regen won't fix

Cruise Control
07-19-2005, 06:32 PM
Not the proud cloud, the think that picks up your people, hurts them every turn, kills them, picks up new one, I got so pissed off, I raised a gold chocobo and used KOTR

xautomaticxboy
07-20-2005, 07:50 AM
None for me.......I took a lot of time training, and I ran all over all of the bosses with my attack power!!!....Serously though...... :mad:

0mNiS|aSh
07-21-2005, 04:36 PM
bbomber, that's what I meant. The carry armor or whatever. The proud clod is just a joke.

bumchum kev
07-27-2005, 04:24 PM
i dunno if any1 else has mentioned it but i found schizo really hard.

the know the kind of 2 headed snake beast thing that has a half fire side and half ice side.

he was such an SOB for me

KuRt
07-27-2005, 11:48 PM
Ruby weapon. No doubt about it

Shoden
07-28-2005, 12:39 PM
you need armour that absorbs ice or fire kill the opposite head to your armour and you're nigh invincible

NexusStripe
07-29-2005, 09:57 PM
Sephiroth was easy for me. THe hardest boss for me was that damn Demon Wall. I can beat sephiroth in 3 turns. knights of the round table with cloud. Sephiroth casts barrie. use Dbarrier with cid, and attack with 4x. Use baretts curaga. Cast knights of the round again.

chadwixx
07-29-2005, 10:43 PM
The proud clod is just a joke.

try him in the special battle arena without wearing mystile or ziedrich armor :)

°¿°¿°
07-29-2005, 10:49 PM
i think they were all easy cept for emerald and the hardest one ruby weopon

Rengori
07-29-2005, 10:51 PM
Sephiroth was easy for me. THe hardest boss for me was that damn Demon Wall. I can beat sephiroth in 3 turns. knights of the round table with cloud. Sephiroth casts barrie. use Dbarrier with cid, and attack with 4x. Use baretts curaga. Cast knights of the round again.
Some gamer you are. Soley relying on KotR?

Khimbar2775
07-29-2005, 10:53 PM
Some gamer you are. Soley relying on KotR?
nice one! *high five* :D

0mNiS|aSh
07-30-2005, 01:16 PM
The proud clod is just a joke.

try him in the special battle arena without wearing mystile or ziedrich armor :)

I never used any of those anyway, so I stand by my statement. I actually used Wizard Bracelet in the arena, to get more materia space.

Desperado
07-30-2005, 07:59 PM

You had to cast KOTR twice to kill him, and use attacks?! A single Knights of the Round finishes him off probably twice over for me, and I ignore the Wall.

Lady Seifer
08-01-2005, 03:00 AM
What I don't like, and I'm not referring to anyone here, is when someone picks up a strategy guide or was told by a friend how to beat bosses and then they say 'it was so easy'. Look everything is easy when you don't do it yourself. Many of the bosses in FF were hard.

You have a good point :love: , I didn't use guides and if you ask me, one of the hardest bosses is... :confused: (i don't know its name:P)but is the monster you have to fight in order to find Vincent, you know, in the Mansion of Nibelheim, :yuck: GOD I HATE THAT SON OF A B***!! Can anyone tell me its name?

LunaticPandora37
08-01-2005, 03:19 AM
that thingy that grabbed your dudes...

and remember...ORO?!

raskerino
08-01-2005, 03:55 AM
I think the name of the boss before getting vincent is called Lost Number. Safer Sephiroth can be tough without stat maxing, ribbon, KoTr, or Ultimate weapons and final limit breaks. Pale horse and supernova are a pain then. Of course he's a sinch if u prepare- but that's no fun.

Rokk
08-08-2005, 05:34 AM
for me at the time it was demon wall, i had no phoenix downs, potions e.t.c and my healer was killed quickly, a bit tough when you can't leave the temple to buy! not sure if there was a vendor in there, but im sure i had no gill either... even on the 2nd and third times i played the game, still tough to beat. i also had a few problems with dyne, cos my barret was never used in battles, i have a tendency to stay with the same charsacters for quite a while and he was weak! :)

G SpOtZ
08-08-2005, 06:22 AM
oh man. the robot scorpion boss is HARDDD.

just kidding. i thought Demon Wall was really tough, andddd Schizo wasn't that hard for me, but i'm always badly damaged so i try to go back to the healing springs and then RIGHT when i'm at the exit of that little hallway, i get into a fight with a FREAKING DRAGON! ugh every time, it made me so mad cuz the dragon killed me like right afterwards. gawd.

Shin Gouken
08-08-2005, 07:56 PM
i blitzed the demon wall, he didnt give me any trouble at all. i only bought the game a couple of weeks ago and have just finished it. i didnt refer to any guides and not a single boss has provided me with a challenge. i havnt beaten emerald or ruby yet but im just trying to get my hands on all the materia/ultimate weapons and limit breaks i missed. i didnt have a single ultimate weapon/limit break or kotr or any /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif like that when i blitzed sephiroth. i was on level 60 though i dont know if that would of made a difference. it didnt seem like a high level

Thorn
08-09-2005, 01:03 PM
Definatley that Demon Wall. Especially when you gotta use Aeris. Gee that wall had the move that dropped those large rocks infliciting like 4000. Ridiculous.

But if we're going to be technical, then Ruby weapon is obviously the hardest.

GunbladeMaster
08-18-2005, 08:20 PM
Im a cheap player. I used Knights of the Round over and over again ansd then i had mime equiped on my other 2 characters so they casted it too. worked for every single boss

Sephitachi7
11-19-2005, 10:10 PM
Ruby hands down...

weapon
11-23-2005, 09:03 AM
When i fought ruby i didnt have kotr so that would have been the hardest. After that was materia keeper because i hadnt trained enough.

six underground
11-23-2005, 11:46 AM
if you have KOTR, Emerald because Ruby is easily done in with KOTR. :moomba:

Dinnova
11-23-2005, 04:15 PM
Demon wall for me, as well as the boss before it.
Haven’t even bothered to attack ruby weapon.
Emerald isnt too hard, just time consuming. And I hardly ever use knights of the round, just takes too much time, does more damage, but its annoyingly long.

Bahamut, King of Dragons
11-29-2005, 02:54 AM
Lost Number is damn near impossible if he turns purple.

Which brings up an interesting question: What does Proud Clod's Materia Jammer do, anyway?

It casts Reflect on the character.

CloUdZ
11-29-2005, 03:31 AM
sephiroth was hardest?? -_- took me afew slashes only to kill him...

the hardest was emerald weap. and ruby weap.

vampirepiggyhunter7
11-30-2005, 03:48 AM
I had NONE of the secret Materia and beat Safer Sephiroth pretty easy. Wait... I think I might have had quad mag.

Randgris
12-06-2005, 01:51 AM
Ruby weapon. No doubt about it

I'll go with these guy.
Ruby weapon is hard to beat with all three characters.

I had to use Cloud till the end of the battle.

I used KoTR-HP Absorb Hade-MP Absorb Combo (I wanted to see what would I get if he dies so I did it double time)

Anyway he died in I think 6~8turns, not so sure cause I watched TV while my thumb is pushing the circle(O) button on my PS one (auto attack).

raskerino
12-06-2005, 02:03 AM
You had to cast KOTR twice to kill him, and use attacks?! A single Knights of the Round finishes him off probably twice over for me, and I ignore the Wall.

LIES!

KoTR has a max damage of 129,987 (this may be off by a point or 2), Sephiroth has a minimum life of 80,000 (I think and up to about 180,000) making it absolutely impossible for you to get a one KoTR attack that could've killed him twice. Not only is this impossible but the wall does cut down damage pretty well. If you W-Summoned it's possible but that's not what you said.

Cloud#1
12-06-2005, 02:07 AM
Ive only got to disc 2 but the hardest boss ive battled is the two headed dragons at the Ice mountains

Chrno
12-10-2005, 10:17 PM
The only time seph, demon gate, emerald and ruby were hard, is the first time i played the game :P

UWAOOOOU
12-10-2005, 10:32 PM
Demon gate was a bastard child my firsttime playing.

Randgris
12-11-2005, 06:54 AM
I played it first time without guides (cause I couldn't afford all those yet) the hardest boss was the The Cosmo Canyon Boss, Materia Guardian, Demon Gate, the two headed dragon on the northern cave (the one that uses ice on one head and fire on the other and uses quake once in a while) and of course Ruby Weapon (Emerald was kinda easy cause I used the W-Item thing (nobody told me about that, I just found it out myself). Now I use the guide to keep track of my materias, items accesories whatsoever. I don't need it for bossess anymore.

crazymoronx
12-14-2005, 09:15 PM
I don't remember any of the bosses being particularly difficult, except Emerald and Ruby weapons.

And unlike everyone else, I was against looking up cheats, faqs, and other stuff until AFTER I beat the game by myself. Then I'd go through again and get all the other stuff.

Basically, I had to beat Emerald and Ruby with no special tricks, just my own crappy strategy, and a whole lot of ressurectings... it took me a while, but I think Ruby weapon was harder for me than Emerald.

Perducci
12-19-2005, 08:29 PM
Aps. Even when it hurt itself with the tsunami attack. :rolleyes2

All the other bosses on the other hand were pretty easy... The Carry Armour is probably the hardest of them all.

chronic_Maniac
12-19-2005, 10:30 PM
Demons gate, carry armor, that dragon with two heads going to the northern crator. materia keeper, aps, lost number, the serpent thing you fight when you first go to jurdon (I forget the name of all that) emerald ruby or ultima, and godo

Out of all the ones that can gave me trouble the first time I ever played was materia keeper.
But now it has to be ruby.