PDA

View Full Version : Problem with my FFIV ROM

Buccura
07-08-2005, 08:56 PM
Ok heres my problem. I'm playing FFIV of the origional Translated Japanese ROM. I'm at the part where Gilbert goes out to play his harp but suddenly gets attacked by a Sahagin (or however its spelled). However, the battle screen comes up and... nothing happens. The sprites are there in the battle scene, but no window comes up.

Anyonen know how this issue can be resolved without me starting my game over again?

KoShiatar
07-08-2005, 09:01 PM
Did you try to simply let the battle go? That one's not a battle you must fight, it's a story battle. Since I played exactly the same version if you cannot solve the problem tell me (if you are using SNES) and I'll get you a new saved state.

Buccura
07-08-2005, 09:03 PM
I did let it go. ANd it is the SNES version. I let it go by holding the turbo button for a good while and nothing happened. I'll try again but, not guarrantee (I cant spell). Maybe if I can find the monster using the hacker and somehow make it instantly die....

KoShiatar
07-08-2005, 09:09 PM
And nothing happens? Odd...

abrojtm
07-08-2005, 09:20 PM
Here are a list of choices:
1) Did you use any save state hacking/rom hacking/cheats? Some of these are liable to screw with your game.
2) What patch did you use to translate your rom (or did it come pre-translated? If so, do you know what translation it is?)
3) Where did you get your rom? You may have a faulty rom. That being the case, you can use your previous save state to play on your new rom, no starting over necessary! For a rom, you should try the EoFF frontsite (www.eyesonff.com).

I can't really think of any other possiblities.