PDA

View Full Version : Ever had a hard time getting youself to go to a final area?

Buccura
07-08-2005, 09:07 PM
By this I mean you have come so far in the game, your characters are so strong and your ready to face the final boss... but your having a hard time doing it because you just dont want it to end?

That is a yes for me. I have all my characters in FFVI at at least lvl 49, all with some nice spells and abilities and I'm ready to whoop Kefka's clown ass and those statue thingies.... but, I just dont want VI to end :cry:

Destai
07-08-2005, 09:15 PM
By this I mean you have come so far in the game, your characters are so strong and your ready to face the final boss... but your having a hard time doing it because you just dont want it to end?

That is a yes for me. I have all my characters in FFVI at at least lvl 49, all with some nice spells and abilities and I'm ready to whoop Kefka's clown ass and those statue thingies.... but, I just dont want VI to end :cry:Well Ive had several expieriences when I didnt want to fight the final boss because it was too long and boring but I doubt that counts.

KoShiatar
07-08-2005, 09:57 PM
I always feel sad when a game is ending. Is like if I have to leave some friends and never see them again. Of course, it's a much less strong feeling, but, you know what I mean....you're like "So this is the end...."

Reles
07-08-2005, 11:22 PM
I always feel sad when a game is ending. Is like if I have to leave some friends and never see them again. Of course, it's a much less strong feeling, but, you know what I mean....you're like "So this is the end...."

That's so sweeeeet. You're emotionally attached to the characters. ;-; You have a heart of gold.

I don't like going to the final boss because I always feel there's something I missed.

Yuffie514
07-08-2005, 11:26 PM
it took me a while until i beat Final Fantasy VII, b/c i knew what would happen to Aeris if i moved on towards the end of disc #1 (watched bro play). i was at the part where i was supposed to go to the Temple of the Ancients or Forest Temple [heh, forgot location name]. yea, coming this far in disc #1 really isn't much, but it felt like 10 years.

Chris
07-08-2005, 11:28 PM
I didn't want FFVIII to end, I love that game so much. :(

Craig
07-08-2005, 11:53 PM
I don't want to face Ultimecia :( But that's only because I suck and know I can't win.

MAS82587
07-09-2005, 12:49 AM
i think im the exact oppsite. as soon as my guys are even the littlest bit strong enough, i go beat the game. its like i have a grudge against the last boss, and im looking foward to kicking their @ss.
i usually get this feeling of not wanting the game to end about 3/4 of the way into the game, but not right at the end. at the end, im eager to see how it all turns out.

Slothy
07-09-2005, 02:26 PM
That is a yes for me. I have all my characters in FFVI at at least lvl 49, all with some nice spells and abilities and I'm ready to whoop Kefka's clown ass and those statue thingies.... but, I just dont want VI to end :cry:

I can't blame you for not wanting it to end. Here's my reccomendation: beat Kefka, then start playing through again. You'll like it just as much, if not more a second time around.

Honestly though, I rarely feel sad that a game is ending. I usually feel a sense of satisfaction in beating the final boss and seeing what happens to the characters after. And usually if a game managed to give me a strong emotional link to the characters in it, and tell a great story, then I'll sometimes dive right back in and beat it again.

Winter Nights
07-09-2005, 02:38 PM
I dunno.. I feel a little anxious, but I can't say I've ever NOT wanted to finish the game. I'm a little sad that I've reached the end, but if the game was good, I'm usually satisfied with the journey and ready for it to end.

Del Murder
07-10-2005, 03:48 AM
I have this experience with every FF game.

-N-
07-10-2005, 04:55 AM
It's strongest for me with FFVII and Xenogears. I feel ya, though.

Alexander
07-10-2005, 06:31 AM
I always feel that. My FFVI save is stuck onKefka's Tower, I have three FFIX stuck on Crystal World... etc T_T

I generally go back to the World Map and visit the cities. (PS: Can't do that in FFVIII T_T)

MAS82587
07-10-2005, 09:36 PM
I always feel that. My FFVI save is stuck onKefka's Tower, I have three FFIX stuck on Crystal World... etc T_T

I generally go back to the World Map and visit the cities. (PS: Can't do that in FFVIII T_T)
u mean u still havent beaten any of those games? why not?
i get so eager to do that stuff once i get even a little close to the end of the game.

Alexander
07-10-2005, 10:50 PM

u mean u still havent beaten any of those games? why not?
i get so eager to do that stuff once i get even a little close to the end of the game.

I beat the games, duh... but I don't want to see the ending T_T I turn out the power quickly, after the Final Boss died. o.o

RedCydranth
07-10-2005, 11:14 PM
Yep, I know what you mean, but its not a connection to characters its a fear that I haven't done everything there is to do. Im always scared I missed something or I haven't powered up enough. I hate fighting a boss battle and losing, Its like I have failed my characters somehow. I am their general and commander, and I lead them to their slaughter. I always get nervous fighting a tough boss. The last time I failed was in FFVIII (like 2 weeks ago) when i fought Brothers for the first time, i didn't have any floats and got whooped. I felt terrible for Squall, Quistis and Irvine.

KoShiatar
07-11-2005, 08:51 PM

That's so sweeeeet. You're emotionally attached to the characters. ;-; You have a heart of gold.

I don't like going to the final boss because I always feel there's something I missed.

This is the first time someone actually tells me something like this in my long life... *is moved* ç__ç