PDA

View Full Version : New Game+ is...?

BizzerocitY
07-09-2005, 03:58 AM
What exactly IS this "New Game+"? Do you start out with all your dresspheres, garment grids, and every single thing (Al Bhed Tablets, all that nice stuff) at the beginning of the New Game+? Does it come with the mastered abilities of all the dressphere's you mastered? Because I've mastered completely around 9. I have Trainer, Alchemist, Thief, Dark Knight, White Mage, Gunner, Warrior, Samurai, and Gun Mage.

rubah
07-09-2005, 03:59 AM
You have al bhed, you have dresspheres, you have your abilities, you have your items.

Pretty much the only things you don't have are key items and levels. Which leads to a lovely duplication. You can eventually get enough mascot dresspheres to fill an entire dressphere, so you don't have to change classes but can get the benefits of the gates, like autohaste, and such.

BizzerocitY
07-09-2005, 06:21 AM
Cool! Sounds great, for the replay I mean. It's like level 1, first fight: DARK KNIGGET! DARKNESS!!! bwaaaaammmm! They die, woohoo!

Bomber
07-09-2005, 06:57 AM
Hahaha! If only that were true...

Actually you don't get to properly use dresspheres and garment grids until after the initial encounter with Leblanc.

CaptRory
07-09-2005, 08:20 AM
Disregarding Catnip for the moment. (Tetra Master GG+Lady Lucky)3=Complete Ownage and Uber Experience, Gil, and Item Gain. Really, combined with damage boosting accesories and you won't need any other Dress Spheres.

BizzerocitY
07-09-2005, 06:03 PM
Can't say I ever used Lady Luck's dressphere. I still need to beat Via Infinito though, to get the ultimate Accessory. That'll make Vegnagun easy as pie, so then I can swim through the game the second time and finally get 100%!!!!

It's gonna be sw33t. But dude, I hate all the absolutely ridiculous side quests that it requires for you to beat the game, like the cactuar nation finding and beating the thing and the giant cactuar, and digging to get the stats to level 5 on the Experiment machine so you can beat it maxed out to get episode complete in Djose. Damn Al Bhed make everything so complicated!!! I like the moonflow: Walk up to Tobli, get on stage, get off stage, episode complete.

CaptRory
07-09-2005, 06:23 PM
Lady Luck is a great job for gaining items, gil, and experience. Mastering Lady Luck grants the user double xp. The double gil power stacks I think so instead of earning 2000 with three Lady Lucks you'd have 16,000. Double Items stacks as well, instead of earning 3 potions you'd end up with 24. When you level up stay near a store so you can sell all the items you'll be earning.

The sidequests aren't too bad once you know how everything works, it is just a matter of doing it. You don't even need to beat the unruly cacti just fight them. My biggest problem was the Gunner's Gauntlet and I beat that in a couple tries because I'd remember all the tricks from the last time.

rubah
07-09-2005, 07:08 PM
Lady Luck is an amazing dressphere, totally worth owning shinra's nether region.

BizzerocitY
07-09-2005, 09:20 PM
Oh I have lady luck, I just didn't use it. I'm into power hitters like Dark Knights and Samurai's and Rikku is on permanant Alchemist. I'm level 60ish and I'm about to go back to Vio infinito to go from 40-60. It's gonna suck -_-. I'm leveling up to prepare though, and I'm also mastering abilities before I go, and doing the cactuar side quest so I can dig so I can beat Djose. I'm saving Via for last so then I'll get uber strong for Veggy.

CaptRory
07-10-2005, 03:47 AM
You have 3 AP Eggs? If ya do then level up Lady Luck, double experience cuts leveling time in half.

BizzerocitY
07-10-2005, 05:11 AM
nah I never even used the dress sphere. Maybe in my new game, which I'm starting now, I just beat it, and got the good ending. Wooo!!!!!!! Sexiness!

CaptRory
07-10-2005, 07:27 AM
I put in so many hours getting the Perfect Ending, I think it was worth it but I'm sure some people would disagree. I like the New Game+ feature, I wish FFX had something similar; other then that exploit in some versions where you can access Home time and time again and keep replaying from that point.

Fireblade13
07-26-2005, 09:55 PM
Hi Boris Say hello to my little friend. Catnip, trigger happy 3. Dies beffore 2nd hit