PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy III (RMXP Remake)

Krylon
07-09-2005, 08:17 AM
The Official Final Fantasy III RMXP Website (http://ff3.surgence.net/)

The following is outdated information that was said in this post back in July:

A demo will be released when I fully complete the cave along with everything else necessary...

And before you say anything, I HAVE ONLY MAPPED THE CAVE AND NOTHING ELSE. I do intend to go further. I do not intend to finish the entire game.

Required to do/finish:
Create custom sprites (Onion Kids, monsters, Land Turtle, etc.)
Complete my modified battle system (To match the original)
Polish maps and add objects/decorations
Re-create all music required (New Digital Piano still shipping)

And maybe a few others things...
Estimated Release of Demo: Before August ;)

I may release much earlier and use the original FF3 music instead. The main reason for releasing so late is because it will be a week before my Digital Piano arrives. Also, even though I've already played it all out on my old one, it will take some time to get it all perfect.

For those of you ranting that this is 'yet another RM project that will fail', trust me, because I'm usually the one saying that. For those of you that love FF3, this will be somewhat of a dream come true. For those of you who never liked FF3, maybe this will change your mind. For those of you who haven't played FF3 (Because of the graphics maybe?), well... Maybe this will convince you! :p

I love FF3 as it is but... I couldn't help myself. Summer-time and I'm bored as hell... What else to do?

I'll have a site up with many screenshots and info within a weeks time. :D

Shlup
07-09-2005, 10:35 AM
You're re-doing FF3? I don't think I entirely understand what you're doing.

Krylon
07-09-2005, 10:50 AM
Hehe... Yup! I'm remaking FF3 with RMXP. It's the result of my boredom and well I hope it's enjoyable when it's done. FF3 is by far my favorite FF and I wanted to shed some new light on the game. Waiting for FF3DS is taking far too long. :p

Meat Puppet
07-09-2005, 01:41 PM
Seems to be the craze these days.

Butz
07-09-2005, 07:18 PM
WoW :eek:

I played FF3 NES not long ago, and I was intending on making a remake for FF3 when I get my new PC..

You've done a great job, never knew RM can do something this good, well I never knew anything about RM, never used it :cry:

Keep it up, don't rush yourself, take your time and we wish you luck and godspeed :)

Pastor_of_Muppets
07-13-2005, 04:45 AM
Those graphics look awesome. After you finish the cave demo how long do you estimate it will take to do the rest?

Creed
07-13-2005, 04:48 PM
Final Fantasy 1-4 make the world go round. mainly 3 and 4

crashNUMBERS
07-13-2005, 04:53 PM
You're re-doing FF3? I don't think I entirely understand what you're doing.
Me niether. Best of luck though...

Krylon
07-14-2005, 01:28 AM
Okay... So, to make it clear... I'm recreating Final Fantasy III (the Japanese FF3) using RPGMakerXP. I'll be using edited/custom graphics and remade music. Though the base of the game will be the same, some minor changes will be made, and it won't necessarilly look exactly alike.

Here's an update:
I edited a new Onion Kid head using two RMXP RTP sprites. I think it looks a lot more like the Onion Kids and just better in general. I randomly added some props and objects to the levels to make them look a bit more detailed, but since some things don't seem in place, I'll be redoing that countless times. However, the terrain of the 3 maps of the cave are pretty much finalized. I've made the items and equipment that you already have, as well as what you recieve in the cave. I've tweaked the experience and stats to match FF3 pretty accurately.

I'm currently in the process of altering the RMXP battle system to mock FF3's battle system. Not everything about the battle system will be the same as it is in FF3. Here's some changes that I'm most likely keeping:
-The "HP" text does not appear above the column of HPs but instead next to each character's HP.
-Status effects will not take the place of the Max HP. Instead, it will be shown next to the character name.
-All info is very spread out. This allows me to do things like have player names be up to 8 (maybe more) characters.

Minor things left to do:
-Tweak battle system a bit more
-Tweak Prelude and title menu
-Fix encounter rate
-Fix item/exp. accumulation

Major things left to do:
-Modify/create sprites for all enemies
-Create the Land Turtle boss fight
-Remake all the music
-Tweak in-game menu

Believe or not, of all that, tweaking the in-game menu is the worst. So much script modifying in RMXP that it almost makes me want to just leave it as it is. A major thing to do that I left out was that I'm going to create nice cutscenes for the credits after the crystal sequence. The beginning credits for FF3 are the ending credits for my demo, so I'll be doing that as a little treat. Expect a simple site to be up (with many screenshots and info) no later than Sunday.

:)

-Krylon

*EDIT* Since you guys seem to lack interest in this project, and other people from other forums aren't too excited about it either, I've decided to take my time with it. I'm not gonna bother putting up a site yet. For those of you who were anticipating it. Sorry! The wait is gonna be a little longer.

Butz
07-26-2005, 08:18 PM
I'm more than intersted in your remake, and I have a favor to ask you if you don't mind,

how can I get started with RMXP? sites, tutorials, etc.. pweeez..

KoShiatar
07-26-2005, 09:30 PM
I'd like to see your remake, actually.

Vapour
07-27-2005, 09:58 AM
ad help ya with it, cos am quite good on rpg maker XP at making maps and things, so if ya want help, im here!
O and IM intrested in your remake

Clark
08-12-2005, 10:24 PM
Is thare any way i colud put this on a PSP :confused:

Rengori
08-12-2005, 10:27 PM
If you hack your PSP to be able to run this and shove the game on the Memo Stick, then yes.

Clark
08-12-2005, 10:44 PM
How do i do that :confused:

Fire_Emblem776
08-16-2005, 06:29 AM
best of luck man

Momiji
08-16-2005, 01:43 PM
Wow. I wish the best of luck to you, and don't give up. Even if you were just making it for a ROM or something, Square may give you a warning to stop...someone had that happen to them when they were making a CT rerelease. But Good luck, I hope to play your remake soon. What emulator will this ROM/game be for anyway?

Rengori
08-16-2005, 05:27 PM
I'd like to see your remake, actually.
Seriously, anybody who hasn't played FF3 can finally know what it's like! FF3=Awsome.
I'm not familiar with RMXP, but does it have battlechar sets? If so, I can help.

Wow. I wish the best of luck to you, and don't give up. Even if you were just making it for a ROM or something, Square may give you a warning to stop...someone had that happen to them when they were making a CT rerelease. But Good luck, I hope to play your remake soon. What emulator will this ROM/game be for anyway?
It's not a ROM. It's its own program.

Momiji
08-17-2005, 12:18 AM
Oh, very well then. Are you distributing it via download or something?

Rengori
08-17-2005, 02:22 AM
Well it's not going to pop up on you computer through magitek.

M_Knight645
08-17-2005, 02:18 PM
I love ff3j & i would really like to play it

Dreddz
08-17-2005, 03:43 PM
looking good

Krylon
12-21-2005, 05:23 AM
Well, it's been over four months since I last posted in this thread...heck, since anyone posted. Honestly, back in mid-august, I had lost interest in this project and stopped working on it, and I didn't really make that clear here. I hadn't touched RPGMakerXP for months up until last week. In, literally, the last few days, I've suddenly regained interest in this project. This time I am determined to complete the demo. So I hereby present to you:

http://img273.imageshack.us/img273/4991/ff3title4sa.jpg

I've already begun spriting, and making changes to the map I had made before:

http://img348.imageshack.us/img348/923/ff3new3oa.jpg

For comparison's sake, here's the screenshot I showed you 4 months ago:

http://img273.imageshack.us/img273/3006/ff34hn.jpg

And I've only scratched the surface.
I'm probably gonna be using bigger and more realistic tilesets if I can manage to find/edit them.
I just finished that sample of the Onion Kid like half an hour ago, so it's still an early prototype, but a big improvement over that crap of an edit I used last time.
My friend still wants to record the music for the game, so I may end up doing that.
I'm quite busy, but I'm gonna work my butt off and see if I can get this out as a New Years gift for all of you.

I'm going to get a quick site up by Friday, screenshots included, and I mean it this time.

-Krylon

Dr. Casey
12-21-2005, 07:44 AM
Looks great, but the fact that you don't intend to finish it really limits my enthusiasm.

KagomJack
12-21-2005, 10:01 PM
Finish the entire thing and we'll all be eating out your hand...maybe.

But it looks pretty sweet, dude.

Crossblades
12-22-2005, 12:45 AM
Can't wait to see the final version. Good luck with the project

Leonhart645
12-22-2005, 01:01 AM
WOW that looks so cool ffIII is my fav. FF Game [m. Knights Rock] Anyway is there anyway i can put this on a PSP mem stick[if so plz tell me]

JaytodaP
12-22-2005, 02:21 AM
Lookin Good

Fireblade13
12-22-2005, 08:55 PM
I only have the demo and it confuses me how to work it.

KoShiatar
12-22-2005, 09:24 PM
Good luck on your project. I hope you will cange your mind and make a compete version of it, if you have the time.

Krylon
12-23-2005, 10:47 PM
Quick but efficient site, UP!
http://ff3.surgence.net/
I'll be updating it daily, so stay tuned!

To be blatantly honest guys, sorry, but I have a life. There is no way I'll ever remake the entire game, even if I wanted to. I wish I could, but it really isn't plausible. Even if I had a team that would help me out, we still wouldn't be done by the time FFIII for DS arrived. However, I definately plan on making more than one demo, so you won't be stuck in the cave forever waiting for FFIII on the DS.

Leonhart645: As far as my knowledge goes, FFIII RMXP cannot be played on a PSP.

Leonhart645
01-02-2006, 12:53 AM
Alright thanks I have a DS now and I am hoping for your demo thanks

vampirepiggyhunter7
01-05-2006, 05:33 AM
Ill wait for the DS remake.
But I can barely.